Question About Driving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wailun

Reaction score
Does Anyone else ever feel very anxious about driving? like I often find my self really nervous and afraid I'll crash into something whenever I think about driving.

I don't know if it's because I've had bad childhood experiences in a car or something.

Wailun said:
Does Anyone else ever feel very anxious about driving? like I often find my self really nervous and afraid I'll crash into something whenever I think about driving.

I don't know if it's because I've had bad childhood experiences in a car or something.

err...how old are you, Wailun?

EveWasFramed said:
Wailun said:

err...how old are you, Wailun?

22 T_T

hmmm...do you drive now, have a license?
The only time I really get nervous is if I'm in an unfamilair area and traffic is awful. =\

I get anxious in cities. Their turning lanes and traffic signals all seem to lack uniformity, even within the same city, and I usually hate it. And half the streets are marked in such an obscure way that I don't know what I'd do without my GPS.

But I'm a country bumpkin. The guy doing 60 down the windy dirt road dodging potholes is me.

I become anxious if I do not know where I am, and am dependent upon my GPS for most travel within the city.
Most of the time, my mind isn't with me.
I don't even look at the streets or avenues; I simply drive the way that I feel.

I love to drive... so I don't usually have that problem. the only time I did feel nervous was just after an accident i had.... i wasn't hurt, but my car was, and I was a bit scared. but i got over it.

do you have any bad memories of an accident? have you talked to anyone about these thoughts?

I get nervous driving in Kansas City. @_@ They've been undergoing HUGE construction projects for like the past 5 years (building a 3rd level of overpasses, etc)...so I can never ******* find where I want to go due to all of the side-trips and detours. :p lol

But other than that... I drive with (perhaps too much) confidence. :D

Badjedidude said:
I get nervous driving in Kansas City. @_@ They've been undergoing HUGE construction projects for like the past 5 years (building a 3rd level of overpasses, etc)...so I can never ******* find where I want to go due to all of the side-trips and detours. :p lol

Oh god, I hate that, especially when they block off exits/entrances to major highways and then you have to do some fancy mental footwork to figure out alternate routes.

To the OP: I love to drive. I love taking road trips far, FAR away from where I am, even if it's to someplace unfamiliar. I've been doing that for ages now, and while I do have a pretty good innate sense of direction, I also am always well-prepared with maps and such.

I will say that the one place which gives me a major attack of agita as a driver is Boston. I just can not ******* drive in that city. Driving in NYC is way easier.

Even with all of the changes from the Big Dig, I can still navigate Boston like nobody's business! I prefer to drive in town, rather than take the T.

Danielle said:
Even with all of the changes from the Big Dig, I can still navigate Boston like nobody's business! I prefer to drive in town, rather than take the T.

OMG I got caught in this nightmarish near-eternal loop trying to get out of Logan back down to CT. I really thought I was going to die of old age there at the friggin airport.

I love the T.

lol CTF... i totally understand what you mean... but I still prefer to drive! I also live right down the street from the airport...and I am everyone's personal taxi to and from the airport... i can drive it with my eyes closed! lol

I honestly do not like the T. too many people looking at me... its gross lol :p

Wailun said:

I hate driving. I am generally not worried that i am going to crash into something though maybe i should be, with some of the maniac on the road.

I did have one episode once while i was driving down the interstate, where i felt that i just couldn't drive and that i was going to crash and burn. I couldn't figure out why i was feeling that way because my driving seemed to be fine and the vehicle was running fine. I just wanted to pull off the side of the road and wait for this feeling to pass, but i was sure that if i did that a passing car would come off the road and crash into me.

I don't know what that was, but it wasn't fun at all.

sometimes i get nervous driving if i have a hang over but thats about it, i probably should be more concerned though due to my normal driving habbits. to some people driving is a necessity i MAKE driving a necessity because i love it so much

I also like driving and to go for long drive its my one of the hobby. But I don't know why my dady tells me that your driving is that much bad. But I also accept it that my diving is not that much good. So he never give me permission to go for long drive still sometimes I am going without their m\permission.

Wailun said:

You wont crash if you control your car instead of the car 'controls' you. If youre anxious then you better drive slowly like an old lady (as long as the cops wont give you ticket for that), if other cars honk at your car and people shout at you then it's THEIR problem (not yours) lol.

Latest posts

Back