Question for men...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no such thing as "love". It's just sex.

Menorahman said:
there is no hope said:
Never "loved" whatever that is supposed to mean.

Most men just want to know that they're doing something that's worthwhile, or trick themselves into thinking they're doing something worthwhile; that they have a purpose to be there at all. It's not just about fulfilling a biological urge unless they're addicts, which is sadly common these days. It is however more about practicality than emotion or feel... some men are just better at playing the game and relying on their instincts, which is kind of like that. I can't claim superiority because women want nothing to do with me but I definitely know fail.

Back when I tried I wanted women to be happy, but then I learned that this is actually wrong and I'd be accused of being possessive, or something like that. That was around the time I just said to hell with all of it and asked myself what I was really getting out of the exchange, and realized that I never was nor could ever be happy chasing after sexuality. It has taken a long time to break myself of the natural desire for companionship but I don't really have a choice, given what I am and where I am in the world.

Commit to this, you will be happier.

I didn't really have a choice; it was either "try and fail every single time and make myself miserable in the process" or "don't try and save myself that particular agony". Besides, physically my body is wracked and totally unsuitable for *******. All I would find in that is venereal disease and bitter disappointment.

But to answer OP's question again... yeah you're basically right. I think. Depends on what women are like, which I obviously wouldn't know firsthan. I naively assumed women like men in much the same way, and that a hot piece of ass was what most women wanted on a primal level.

I think it has more to do with how relationships are turned against people than an intrinsic quality of men, because there are a honeysuckle ton of paranoid and selfish women in the world who manipulate men and kick them to the curb. I'd start considering what the men you date believe in, because despite the widespread belief in moral relativism, beliefs actually matter and mean something. They're not a damned fashion statement.

Jafo said:

You said it right. Love is just a smoke screen used by nature to make us have sex. I mean, imagine, if we were told of sex as a biological duty instead of a romantic thing, it would feel very ugly to do it..
Just imagine, all the emotions, sensations, excitement,etc. removed. Who would want to do that?

Jafo said:

I am curious to believe what people have when they have been together for over 50 years and sex hasn't happened for over 20 years for some.

M_also_lonely said:
Jafo said:

You said it right. Love is just a smoke screen used by nature to make us have sex. I mean, imagine, if we were told of sex as a biological duty instead of a romantic thing, it would feel very ugly to do it..
Just imagine, all the emotions, sensations, excitement,etc. removed. Who would want to do that?

That doesn't make sense because people still sleep with people they don't feel they are in love with all the time so it isn't even required for that.

They are two different and real wants that often come together but aren't identical.

Until you have experienced both situations (pure, sex only devoid of feelings) and romantic love (including the physical sexual pleasures that are a part of this emotional feeling), youse male nay-sayers should keep your judgements confined to your lonesome selves.

To answer the OP, yes, there is a difference. A big difference. IF you have experienced both.

I've been with a girl/ woman and there was no feeling of love involved. And I've been with a couple other ladies where it was definitely love-inspired.
Don't try to tell me otherwise.

Hey, I tried to see it from a normal's perspective and not get into the usual misogyny that lurks on the internet.

Since OP probably isn't reading this don't have much else to add. I have enough problems with just being around someone at all and liking them. I would settle for that much.

I'm becoming asexual so I'd prefer not to engage in such behavior at all.

Paraiyar said:
That doesn't make sense because people still sleep with people they don't feel they are in love with all the time so it isn't even required for that.

They are two different and real wants that often come together but aren't identical.

That is because humans have evolved in a way that they choose to do the things they find pleasant to do.
There are several things we do against what nature gave it to us for.
For example, nature gave us food so that by consuming it, we could fulfill our energy requirements. But the way humans have evolved, we don't always eat because we are hungry, we sometimes eat because we like it, we sometimes overeat too, just because we like the food.That doesn't mean nature gave us food so that we could have fun eating it.

Another example is suicide. Nature gave us life to live it. Still, some humans prefer to choose death over life against nature. Look at the unevolved animals, they never commit suicide. Some developed animals do, but it is still a controversy.
In short, several times choose to do things for the purposes different than what they are meant to be done.

M_also_lonely said:
Paraiyar said:

That is because humans have evolved in a way that they choose to do the things they find pleasant to do.
There are several things we do against what nature gave it to us for.
For example, nature gave us food so that by consuming it, we could fulfill our energy requirements. But the way humans have evolved, we don't always eat because we are hungry, we sometimes eat because we like it, we sometimes overeat too, just because we like the food.That doesn't mean nature gave us food so that we could have fun eating it.

Another example is suicide. Nature gave us life to live it. Still, some humans prefer to choose death over life against nature. Look at the unevolved animals, they never commit suicide. Some developed animals do, but it is still a controversy.
In short, several times choose to do things for the purposes different than what they are meant to be done.

So we've evolved to the point where love and sex are seperate but interrelated desires. Thus disproving Jafo's comment.

Latest posts

Back