Question for Mentaly Ill Welfare-Case Loners...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluey said:
I mean its the old problem of not having any confidence. You are not going to get any in less you try at this things but to try you need some confidante. I too have had the same problem in my own life in the passed. It can be a horrible circle to get yourself into. But like Naleena says its just where some ppl find themselves to be most of the time fro no fault of there own.

All this really is something that I think most here would understand.

To get over this problems I would say would be a lot easier with out ppl jugging you and just to be there and make you feel good about yourself and to encourage you at your own past. ie, To have good friends around you.

Amen, brother.

xenophon said:
My roomie is one of you. I asked why he didnt get a nite shift job as a security guard so he wouldnt deal with ppl, he said it was beneath him, so he stays at home 24/7, spends 1/4 of the day cooking, tolerating noise quietly in his room & occasionaly shouts or talks to himself, collecting $200 welfare monthly after rent. Doesnt he realize that being dependant, isolated & poor makes his illness worse? HIS excuse offended me, so I never asked him, maybe others like him can explain.

Yet another post purely designed to launch into an attack on one guy's personal predjudice of choice.

*Yawn*. Face it Torontonian, you're just a bigot.

xenophon said:
My roomie is one of you. I asked why he didnt get a nite shift job as a security guard so he wouldnt deal with ppl, he said it was beneath him, so he stays at home 24/7, spends 1/4 of the day cooking, tolerating noise quietly in his room & occasionaly shouts or talks to himself, collecting $200 welfare monthly after rent. Doesnt he realize that being dependant, isolated & poor makes his illness worse? HIS excuse offended me, so I never asked him, maybe others like him can explain.

lmao...One of me ?. How many of me are there out there ? :p

Anyway....it's like this. Sometimes a person has to sit in one's own honeysuckle for a while, while. To know what honeysuckle smells like.
In other words hit a bottom...whatever that bottom is.
It's different for everyone. Everyone has different level or threashold
of pain....Go as deep as you wanna go into the fucken rabbit hole.lol

Many, many of people hit crazy, crazy bottoms.
You heard of rag to riches stories of many, many people that gone through this process ???
There's two sides of the coin..sometimes when a person hits a very deep bottom..they excel to a very high top.
Sometimes it's darkest before light.

So the next time you see a homeless bum...don't trip...don't feel sorry that person or think that your better than him..
for oneday...you might find yourself working for that man.

You don't know what's going to happen tommorrow..you can make an educated/calulated risk..Never the less you simply don't know.
You can simply come down with a disease or suffer an injury where you become dependent on your roomate.
In other words you can get hit by a fucken truck tommorrow or today and your life will change in a flash.
You can easily slip and fall while taking a shower and suffer brain damage.
Or you might find yourself in a jammed...and the only person that will actaully reach out to you or help you is your roomate...
The posiblities are there...nothing is written in stones...Do not take anything for granted.

Be grateful for what you have...you have alot..More than you ever imagine.
Have goodwill towards your fellow man.

Yes, it can be fustrating and sometimes down right discussing.
I had to go through the samething with my EX-GF..

Yet..it's like me, the crack pot calling a kettle black.lol

I have to deal with my own bottom...whatever the fresia that is.

Don't internalize him or judge him...focus on yourself.
The more you judge him..the more fustrated you'll become..
In other words...you have fucken control issues..

I also speak for myself when it pretends to my ex-gf.
In order for me to get WELL...I had to stopped judging her.
No matter how messed up or insane of the honeysuckle she did to dystroy
our lives...I can only change myself ..not her.
I also had to accept that fact that I wasn't totally well myself.
So the responsiblities is mine...all mine..My life.

I'm not responsible for my DIS-EASE...I'm responsible for my recovery.
Whether the chick or the egg ...it dosn't matter...IT IS WHAT IT IS.
Acceptence...is a candle or a ray of light in a dark cave.

I've written many, many things about my ex on this site..
I was venting...releasing, letting go..doing whatever the fresia
I need to do to get well....

Hitting bottom while it can be very mind fucken numbing and wierd.
Once a person reach that piont...it's like a natural process that
a person will get WELL..and have the willingness to get WELL.
It strikes a person at the very core of thier being...
They get it...They grasp it...They have it.
They will go through the process of getting well on thier time.
Whatever the lessons they need to learn or want to learn.
In other words, do the best as they can...sometime thier best
is not worth a fresia..(according to me). This is were, patience tolerance,
understanding and unconditional loves comes in..
Applications...applications..

in other words...LIVE and LET LIVE.

Or...what she dose with her life is NONE of MY GOD **** BUSSINESS.lol

Or Get the fresia out of the way and watch the mirracle happens.

Or don't shoot the fucken sick or wounded.

Whatever ways it takes you to the piont of LETTING GO.

The paradox...when a person has control issues...they're the ones that's actaully being controlled or wanting to get controlled.
Back to the two side of the coin...if you let go of oneside of the coin...you're also are letting go of the other side.
Its a natural process.

Well..in spiritual principles.
WE Are ALL ONE.

At the very core or TRUTH. It's LOVE.
Hating my ex-gf is like hating myself....

I grasp it...I get it. I have it.

Steel said:
xenophon said:

Yet another post purely designed to launch into an attack on one guy's personal predjudice of choice.

*Yawn*. Face it Torontonian, you're just a bigot.

I thought that was him! He is such a loser because of his arrogance and wanting to put people down. He can't even hide who he really is behind a new name. His mannerisms shine through like a pile of dog honeysuckle on a pair of white shoes. He must think we are really stupid but, he is the one that looks like an idiot.

xenophon said:

It is better to have someone draw from an annoymous kitty that you chip into that a person that has no alternative but to turn to criminal activity in order to stay alive. Moraly I'm sure you have something to cling to but in reality, providing you are not dimsissing the issue of mental illness as ad-hoc, then this person is simply taking advantage of a facility that he is not only entitled to, but also actively requires in the eyes of your constitution.

Allow me to let it be known that I AM mentally ill. Primarily, I suffer from a very deep rooted form of trauma and also rank amongst the depressed. For many years, I was in a state of denial over this and did my very best to hold down regular employment and do my part for the economy. Whilst I can't put my hand on my heart and say things would have been any better if I had taken steps to tackle the problem at an earlier stage, I can vouch for the fact that ignoring my illness did not make it go away.

More hatred from Naleena. i never implied that that all or most people here were MI Welfare cases. For a chick who posted an article on spotting Paranoid Personality Disorder, you realy need to take a good look at yourself. PS thanx WOLFSHADOW, thats the point I was trying to get accross.

xenophon said:
More truth from Naleena. i never implied that that all or most people here were MI Welfare cases. For a chick who posted an article on spotting Paranoid Personality Disorder, you realy need to marry Van Hooligan X, he's really cool. PS thanx WOLFSHADOW, thats the point I was trying to get accross.

the part bolded is where i helped your mistakes become a little more legit. :)

xenophon said:
More hatred from Naleena. i never implied that that all or most people here were MI Welfare cases. For a chick who posted an article on spotting Paranoid Personality Disorder, you realy need to take a good look at yourself. PS thanx WOLFSHADOW, thats the point I was trying to get accross.

You, my dear idiot, could not argue your way out of a paper bag. You most definitely implied that all or most of us were MI Welfare class by your use of "one of you."

Yet there is something troubling about your character. Could it be Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Are you autistic in some way that people should be taking into consideration? Are you just a dick? I can't tell. Perhaps you, in all your infinite and glorious wisdom, could enlighten us as to why we are inferior to your majesty.

I seriously hope that you grow some testicular fortitude, start acting like a man, and begin to show your fellows some goddamn respect.

torontonian said:
At least you people know you're alone because you're schizophrenics and people do notice

torontonian said:
At least you guys know why you're alone: because you are mentally ill

Quoted from older posts.

As I have already stated, I believe you to be a bigot; and this is rooted in your own ignorance. You have consistently implied that those afflicted with a mental illness are in some way inferior to yourself (I have the quotes ready should they be needed) - I believe due to both this ignorance and your own irrational fear.

This isn't just my assumption. I'm not the only person who interprets your words in this way; many, many people have taken offence at your implications. Why do you think this is? Because we are all wrong, and you are right? How great must your narcissism be in order to believe this?

To be honest, I find your two original and contradictory posts to be suspicious in the extreme; to me they seem like a fabrication, as indeed do other posts you have made. Why, after returning from a ban for your refusal to refrain from insulting members, did you immediately try to again start a discussion about the mentally ill?

Finally, insinuating someone is paranoid simply because they find your ethos anaethma is pathetic. If that is the only criteria, then I too must be, by your logic, similarily afflicted... as I find your whole viewpoint utterly repulsive.

xenophon said:

Unfortunately, I think that our wires have become slightly crossed. When I said, "ignoring my illness did not make it go away", what I meant was that by trying to live a fairly normal life (working, socializing etc) I was redundantly papering over the cracks.

Perhaps if I had given myself a break at an earlier stage in my life and taken some time off to tackle my psycological problems then, I wouldn't have nearly the mountain to climb that I am currently faced with?
It's one thing to actually go out and 'do' things, but if you are legitmately disturbed, the chance of succeeding (unless the "disturbed" is the inverse side of genius *we should all be so lucky*) or even managing your affairs with any degree of competance is rather slim.

Perhaps to some onlookers, western society spoils it's mentally ill. Lavishing them with free accomadation, spending money and (here in the UK) access to medicines that would otherwise prove prohibatively expensive. All at the expense of the honest tax payer.
The ingrediants for disdain and resentment are plain to see but what alternative would you have?
Suspend your disbelief for a second and imagine that the entire infrastucture of our societies were swept away in some giant, unforeseen calamity.
It's a stetch I know but if we had to go back to flint spears, loincloths and a feral pecking order, an unthinkable quantity of the human race would not be able to survive the throwback. Technical and academic skills etc would be rendered obslete in an iota as too would the quality of mercy for those unable to aclimatize to the brave new world.
You or I or anyone we know might not make the grade and be slaughtered for being too weak or vulnerable. How does that idea make you feel?

I didnt insinuate that everyone was MI, had I done so, I would have made it clear, nor did people interpret it that way, just look at the first replies to my thread AND my attempt to start a conversation with people who sympathized with my POV, then Paranoid resentful Naleema planted the idea that I insinuated something and the underconfident types went her way.

xenophon said:
.... the underconfident types went her way.

You do seem to like to group and label people based seemingly on nothing except them disagreeing with your point of view.

xenophon said:
I didnt insinuate that everyone was MI, had I done so, I would have made it clear, nor did people interpret it that way, just look at the first replies to my thread AND my attempt to start a conversation with people who sympathized with my POV, then Paranoid resentful Naleema planted the idea that I insinuated something and the underconfident types went her way.

For the first time in ages I actually feel as if I've had a reason to post and was glad this topic was raised.

I don't know you and I'm not going to leap onto someone elses bandwagon but I can see where this thread is going. Sometimes it's better to bite the bullet and declare a truce, even if you feel the wronged party. IMO.

xenophon said:

I just showed you two of the posts you made in which you did. I reprinted the ENTIRE post in each case.

So, now you label everyone who disagrees with you as underconfident?

I have also noticed your refusal to answer questions for which you can provide no adequate answer.

I can only make the assumption that you are, as I suspected, merely a troll, who provokes people for the sake of bolstering their own sense of self-worth.

Gee, a lot happened since I was on early this morning. :p

Yes, he is a troll. There is no question. The last thing we need here is this kind of negativity. I'm locking the thread.

By request from Sanal, and because it would only create another thread if it were posted elsewhere, I am posting the following piece he wrote in regards to this thread.

---

I just want to tell you some more things Torontonian/Xenophon or whatever you call yourself. First of all, this is a forum for lonely people and not a forum "only" for people with mental illness. So obviously, all members here are 'not' mentally ill as you think. Most here are jus tlonely people and maybe having depression problems but not serious metnal issues. Ofcouse some members have serious mental problems here but that's only a very low percentage comapritively. If you really think, having a mental illenss is that a big problem to degrade people or to see them as different from what you call normal people, then you have got issues buddy. Let me tell you, having mental problems doesn't make them any different. They are like you and me, pure humans. But again, there maybe variations in mental problems and some might go to the extent that they can't control their mind. For those people, we have treatment centres and I honestly don't think that people who are in that level of mental instability will be members of such a forum like this. When you wrote "one of you", you ar actually giving out the notion that all people here are like your ex room mate. He may have some issues about working. He maybe scared of a crowd or to talk to even people. Maybe some phobias or he just may feel uncomfortable with people around him. That's the way he is. We can't do anything about it and forcing him won't help much either. Well back to the point, by writing "one of you" itself, you gave out your view about us all that, you see us as different. By explaining things about your friend as by degrading him made your viewpoint about us worse because then we got compared to a person whom you think has serious mental problems. Let me ask you bro, why are you separating us by saying "one of you" and not "one of us" including you too? Why are you in this forum? If you had to register in a forum for lonely people, then you might have had your own moments of loneliness. That means you are one of us too and when you say "one of you", it just doesn't make any sense. Well if you are only interested in arguments and are not ready to see the truth or facts then I can't help you. Have a nice day mate.
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back