Question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peaches said:
I can send you the whole ebook if you d like.

I'd LOVE that!

Also, I've decided to stop looking for a partner - every man I've gone out with, whether it be one time or multiple times, has been an emotionally stunted jackass. The journey I embarked on (about 8 months or so ago) has been mentally and emotionally exhausting. I just don't think the timing is right for me at the moment.

***Disclaimer: Not man-hating here - I know there are some awesome members of the opposite sex. Unfortunately, I just haven't run into any in the past couple of years.

ladyforsaken said:
*hugs* Eve

Back at ya, Lady F.

hugging_kittens.jpg

If someone truly cares about another person, he / she would never suddenly stop contact.
The same situation happened to me. But I bought into the excuses (heavy workload, sick family member, crazy ex stalker BF harrassing her....etc.) and heartfelt apology when she returned (showed up on my doorstep, unannounced, last November) after months of not hearing one word. And it was the biggest mistake of my life not slamming the front door in her face.
Save yourself the effort of wondering why, Eve. I'd never stop contact with someone I care about, no matter what. And I'm certainly flawed.

That's a truely baffling scenario Eve.

*Pondering his words*

Him: "Are you going to stab me in the back when I leave?"

Translation: I really hurt you, didn't I. You hate me, don't you.

Emotion from him based on this statement: Guilt

That's what I am thinking.

Him: "Oh I tried to come see you Sunday."
Emotional Translation: Guilt. Attempt at a cover-up.

Interesting and weird scenario though, Eve.

translation: I am aware that I hurt you, but are you going to sleep with me nevertheless?

sorry about the cynicism :D

BJD:

The book is a funny book, so some things are clearly exaggerated (and it is much funnier than the article), aside from that I just can't imagine *you* disappearing for months on someone you really like, and if so I can't imagine that you wouldn't have a darn good reason for that.
And that is what good guys do: they don't disappear, or if they do they have a darn good reason (and they explain it!).

ABrokenMan said:
If someone truly cares about another person, he / she would never suddenly stop contact.
The same situation happened to me. But I bought into the excuses (heavy workload, sick family member, crazy ex stalker BF harrassing her....etc.) and heartfelt apology when she returned (showed up on my doorstep, unannounced, last November) after months of not hearing one word. And it was the biggest mistake of my life not slamming the front door in her face.
Save yourself the effort of wondering why, Eve. I'd never stop contact with someone I care about, no matter what.

exactly

EveWasFramed said:
every man I've gone out with, whether it be one time or multiple times, has been an emotionally stunted jackass. The journey I embarked on (about 8 months or so ago) has been mentally and emotionally exhausting. I just don't think the timing is right for me at the moment.
sorry to hear that… I am on strike

I agree with BJD that it shouldn't be one-sided. You called him when you were seeing each other, and tried and contact him after he "dropped off the face of the earth"? Assuming you did, then he's probably not worth worrying about. A decent guy would at least give an explanation for the sudden lack of contact.

Sounds like it was a pretence to make a half-arse apology, see how you're doing, ease his conscience a bit.

ardour said:
I agree with BJD that it shouldn't be one-sided. You called him when you were seeing each other, and tried and contact him after he "dropped off the face of the earth"? Assuming you did, then he's probably not worth worrying about. A decent guy would at least give an explanation for the sudden lack of contact.

Sounds like it was a pretence to make a half-arse
apology, see how you're doing, ease his conscience a bit.

These were my thoughts as well.

EveWasFramed said:
Scenario:

Date a guy for three months.
Guy stops texting, calling, etc.

Have only skim read some of the thread, but...

The guy is an assclown for dropping contact with you in the first place, you deserve so much better. /thread :club:

Sorry you've had such a lousy time of it. :(

I hope my opinion doesn't make you feel bad, but I'm guessing you were put on the back burner because "something better" came along for a while, then didn't end up being better, and he fell back to you. I think that would explain the no contact, then the attempt to reconnect. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am because I've been through that too. I didn't bite when he dropped me a few crumbs the second time around because he didn't deserve my time and affection. This guy doesn't deserve yours either.

Guy stops texting, calling, etc. (you don't bother asking why - it's obvious)
Three months pass
Guy pops into your place of business

= get the f'k lost:club:

Pike Creek said:
I hope my opinion doesn't make you feel bad, but I'm guessing you were put on the back burner because "something better" came along for a while, then didn't end up being better, and he fell back to you. I think that would explain the no contact, then the attempt to reconnect. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am because I've been through that too. I didn't bite when he dropped me a few crumbs the second time around because he didn't deserve my time and affection. This guy doesn't deserve yours either.

These were my thoughts as well. I know it happens quite often, especially when using dating sites. No, your opinion doesn't make me feel bad. :)
I didn't take the bait he left dangling however. And you're right - he doesn't deserve what I have to offer.

stork_error said:
Guy stops texting, calling, etc. (you don't bother asking why - it's obvious)
Three months pass
Guy pops into your place of business

= get the f'k lost:club:

^^ LOL! :D

Latest posts

Back