Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Short version: Would you like it if your girlfriend looks like a different woman every week? šŸ˜‚
Short version: Would you ever organise a double date or leave the organising to your girlfriend?

I like changes in haircut from time to time. But nothing crazy. :D

I don't like double dates.

My behaviour deffo changes, if I feel like ā€œthat girlā€ then I act like iā€™m "that girl" till the feeling fades and i'm insecure again šŸ˜‚ bloody nut case me!
I think that could be really fun. I would give the different yous their own names. Then treat each one differently. I would help you with your insecurities. We would figure out which you is the most insecure. Then continually transfer the insecurities of each of the other yous into the insecure you making each of the other ones stronger. Then in time, say goodbye to the insecure you along with all of your insecurities. :)

Any women I'd be likely to date wouldn't have a conscious 'look' to start with.

Last edited:
I think that could be really fun. I would give the different yous their own names. Then treat each one differently. I would help you with your insecurities. We would figure out which you is the most insecure. Then continually transfer the insecurities of each of the other yous into the insecure you making each of the other ones stronger. Then in time, say goodbye to the insecure you along with all of your insecurities. :)
Only you could make this sound sensible.

Okay men... change of pace from the girl with the round face... would you find a woman that constantly changes her look off putting?
Yes, honestly. Change once in a while is fine, but if I fall in love with someone, it's who she is at the time. Not the 15 other women she tries to be. It's not the look per say, it's the lack of self-esteem that comes with it. Insecirity isn:t a turn on.

Anywho... with all the make up debates, I wondered, what about the extreme side of it, the body dysmorphic side, could you support a partner going through this, would it make you love her any less? Do tell!
You'd have to be more specific. It's it's own seperate issue.
Oh and question 2: I wondered, without women organising little get togethers and double dates, would men ever really go out their way to organise these events? They seem to have a good time, and drift away when it comes time to talk about seeing everyone again, I remember hearing "we'll let the women organise the one". Why do they do that? Is it just normalised gender roles?
I don't think it has anything to do with gender roles. If the studies done in the last few years in very gender-oriented policy in countries is any indication, the freer people are, the more they tend to gyrate in traditional roles.
All I know is I wouldn't organise it. I wouldn't be opposed. It's not particularly "fun" for me and oft more trouble than it's worth.

Yes, honestly. Change once in a while is fine, but if I fall in love with someone, it's who she is at the time. Not the 15 other women she tries to be. It's not the look per say, it's the lack of self-esteem that comes with it. Insecirity isn:t a turn on.

You'd have to be more specific. It's it's own seperate issue.

I don't think it has anything to do with gender roles. If the studies done in the last few years in very gender-oriented policy in countries is any indication, the freer people are, the more they tend to gyrate in traditional roles.
All I know is I wouldn't organise it. I wouldn't be opposed. It's not particularly "fun" for me and oft more trouble than it's worth.

Okay start rant! not directed at you but ehhh you can be my punching bag for this morning.... this is my thing, if I cant be insecure and vulnerable with the man I love... then... he's just another dog to me. It's not supposed to turn him on because I am a real human with real feelings not a pleasure robot. Not everything about me is a massive turn on, sorry not sorry. If a "man" cant accept me, Sarah, Jessica, Ashley, Raven, and the rest of my alter egos... is he even a man? lol okay jokes aside, I think being insecure is human nature, some of us have literal conditions that cause us to be more insecure than others, and it's a massive burden, but so is a broken leg, expect people give you grace because they can see that, they can understand that. Invisible conditions are so real and deserve to have recognition as it's not an easy affliction. I'd rather a man not date me because I am insecure than one that would date me because I am insecure and use it to manipulate me though. I am not someone who struggles to get men but... it's interesting to understand the other side. I thought it was going to be more "I wouldn't date her if she was injuring herself, or I wouldn't want to take advantage of someone in such a state"... but no one has said anything like that.

This is what I don't get about men, and the more I think about it, they dont even like calling up the doctors and booking their own appointments, I literally have to book my brothers there has to be a reason for that lmao.

Last edited:
Okay start rant! not directed at you but ehhh you can be my punching bag for this morning.... this is my thing, if I cant be insecure and vulnerable with the man I love... then... he's just another dog to me. It's not supposed to turn him on because I am a real human with real feelings not a pleasure robot. Not everything about me is a massive turn on, sorry not sorry. If a "man" cant accept me, Sarah, Jessica, Ashley, Raven, and they rest of my alter egos... is he even a man? lol okay jokes aside, I think being insecure is human nature, some of us have literal conditions that cause us to be more insecure than others, and it's a massive burden, but so is a broken leg, expect people give you grace because they can see that, they can understand that. Invisible conditions are so real and deserve to have recognition as it's not an easy affliction. I'd rather a man not date me because I am insecure than one that would date me because I am insecure and use it to manipulate me though. I am not someone who struggles to get men but... it's interesting to understand the other side. I thought it was going to be more "I wouldn't date her if she was injuring herself, or I wouldn't want to take advantage of someone in such a state"... but no one has said anything like that.

This is what I don't get about men, and the more I think about it, they dont even like calling up the doctors and booking their own appointments, I literally have to book my brothers there has to be a reason for that lmao.
There's nothing wrong with being insecure, per say. What's oft putting is when you let them run your life. You're supposed to be secure in who you are and have a healthy dose of self-esteem; what does it say about you if you change looks every other week? Who ARE you, exactly? If you don't know yourself, how do you expect someone else to?

Maybe you don't get men because you haven't MET men. I'd feel insulted if someone else but me booked my own appointments. I can take care of myself, I don't need anyone else to. I want to be with someone because I enjoy being with her, not because she wants to play mommy. Already got one of those and it's more than enough.

Oh and if you're talking syndromes or conditions, we have a plethora of those nowadays, one for every day of the week, but treatment is still the same; you either hide behind them, or try to overcome them. That choice is up to you.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with being insecure, per say. What's oft putting is when you let them run your life. You're supposed to be secure in who you are and have a healthy dose of self-esteem; what does it say about you if you change looks every other week? Who ARE you, exactly? If you don't know yourself, how do you expect someone else to?

Maybe you don't get men because you haven't MET men. I'd feel insulted if someone else but me booked my own appointments. I can take care of myself, I don't need anyone else to. I want to be with someone because I enjoy being with her, not because she wants to play mommy. Already got one of those and it's more than enough.

Oh and if you're talking syndromes or conditions, we have a plethora of those nowadays, one for every day of the week, but treatment is still the same; you either hide behind them, or try to overcome them. That choice is up to you.
You are a rare breed my friend lol you book your own appointments? I dont know a man on the planet that would do that šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

You are a rare breed my friend lol you book your own appointments? I dont know a man on the planet that would do that šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ
I don't know a man who WOULDN'T. We don't hang in the same crowds or value the same people, kiddo. Maybe you just need to try playing in a different field. The one you're in right now seems to have a big disconnect between what you want...and what you get.

I don't know a man who WOULDN'T. We don't hang in the same crowds or value the same people, kiddo. Maybe you just need to try playing in a different field. The one you're in right now seems to have a big disconnect between what you want...and what you get.
Can I come live with you in Canada? šŸ„ŗ

Okay start rant! not directed at you but ehhh you can be my punching bag for this morning.... this is my thing, if I cant be insecure and vulnerable with the man I love... then... he's just another dog to me. It's not supposed to turn him on because I am a real human with real feelings not a pleasure robot. Not everything about me is a massive turn on, sorry not sorry. If a "man" cant accept me, Sarah, Jessica, Ashley, Raven, and the rest of my alter egos... is he even a man? lol okay jokes aside, I think being insecure is human nature, some of us have literal conditions that cause us to be more insecure than others, and it's a massive burden, but so is a broken leg, expect people give you grace because they can see that, they can understand that. Invisible conditions are so real and deserve to have recognition as it's not an easy affliction. I'd rather a man not date me because I am insecure than one that would date me because I am insecure and use it to manipulate me though. I am not someone who struggles to get men but... it's interesting to understand the other side. I thought it was going to be more "I wouldn't date her if she was injuring herself, or I wouldn't want to take advantage of someone in such a state"... but no one has said anything like that.

Not to be harsh but you seem to be really needy. That gets old in men and women. As far as " invisible conditions" I think its like 1 out of 5 people have an "invisible condition" some more common than others but still that's a good bit of people that have honeysuckle going on. Some people expect to be treated special and the truth is a person is only special to those that love them. You are young and most likely some of these notions will fade with self assurance and personal growth.
Oh and I never make my own appointments and I delegate most of that trivial honeysuckle to my sister who is a micro manager superstar.

I never make my own appointments, far too busy getting into mischief. I get my charwoman to do it, I know she's always pouring herself a few glasses of my whiskey and pretty sure a bag of spinach went missing out of the fridge when she was here yesterday so may as well get my moneys worth out of the cantankerous old gossip.

Not to be harsh but you seem to be really needy. That gets old in men and women. As far as " invisible conditions" I think its like 1 out of 5 people have an "invisible condition" some more common than others but still that's a good bit of people that have honeysuckle going on. Some people expect to be treated special and the truth is a person is only special to those that love them. You are young and most likely some of these notions will fade with self assurance and personal growth.
Oh and I never make my own appointments and I delegate most of that trivial honeysuckle to my sister who is a micro manager superstar.
Claudiaā€¦. Lol šŸ˜‚

I never make my own appointments, far too busy getting into mischief. I get my charwoman to do it, I know she's always pouring herself a few glasses of my whiskey and pretty sure a bag of spinach went missing out of the fridge when she was here yesterday so may as well get my moneys worth out of the cantankerous old gossip.
Lool its the UK! Corrupted all the men to be anti appointments šŸ˜‚

Okay okay... something I was just chatting to some guy about (some guyyy that uses ALL in fact... )

Would you be intimidated by a woman's muscular older brother, so much so, that it would put you off wanting to be with her?

Context: It's funny I forget how intimidating my brother is, I took a random selfie to prove my brother was just loitering around me lol and literally all you could see is his leg in the background, yet it became a huge topic of conversation because he is so built. If you met him, you'd see he has learning difficulties and stuff and is a gentle giant, but initially, no matter how nice he is he intimidates everyone. So... come on men... truthfully would that put you off your quest to find love?

Rule in my country is: when you date someone , you also date her family and her friends.
My rule is: if I don't like your family and friends, I don't date you.

Okay okay... something I was just chatting to some guy about (some guyyy that uses ALL in fact... )

Would you be intimidated by a woman's muscular older brother, so much so, that it would put you off wanting to be with her?

Context: It's funny I forget how intimidating my brother is, I took a random selfie to prove my brother was just loitering around me lol and literally all you could see is his leg in the background, yet it became a huge topic of conversation because he is so built. If you met him, you'd see he has learning difficulties and stuff and is a gentle giant, but initially, no matter how nice he is he intimidates everyone. So... come on men... truthfully would that put you off your quest to find love?
Hahah nah, the thing with most guys, regardless of how muscular they are or how well they fight, is they always forget to protect their nuts. One swift knee to the nuts and a headbutt to the bridge of the nose and you and his wee sister will be in Gretna Green before he's picked himself up off the floor. šŸ’’ šŸ‘° šŸ’„

so it's implied your brother can win a physical fight with everyone (this is a really dangerous thought, don't nurture it, I tell you as a man) ... I think it may be a good test indeed but definitely not 100 percent accurate ... if he feels intimidated it may be because he has conscious or unconscious guilty thoughts related to you indeed ... but some men feel guilty by default because of low self esteem

Latest posts

Back