Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay okay... something I was just chatting to some guy about (some guyyy that uses ALL in fact... )

Would you be intimidated by a woman's muscular older brother, so much so, that it would put you off wanting to be with her?

Context: It's funny I forget how intimidating my brother is, I took a random selfie to prove my brother was just loitering around me lol and literally all you could see is his leg in the background, yet it became a huge topic of conversation because he is so built. If you met him, you'd see he has learning difficulties and stuff and is a gentle giant, but initially, no matter how nice he is he intimidates everyone. So... come on men... truthfully would that put you off your quest to find love?

When I was younger? I found it a bit intimidating, but not too much.
I'm a metalhead darling, you can't go to a death metal concert without running into at least 2 or 3 dudes that look like they're ready to kick some ass, that's just part of the atmosphere. 🤷‍♂️ But that was also part of the appeal when I was younger was an atmosphere of potential unexpected danger. Some dudes go mountain climbing, some dudes go skydiving, I go to shows where it's totally normal to get covered in blood via performance theatrics and the probability that someone in the mosh pit is on some drugs is probably kinda high. That's just normal to me now.

These days, nah, it doesn't intimidate me at all.
If anything I'm more like: "hey yo, I too am also trying not to die old and weak, can I borrow some of your gear that you don't use much anymore, or maybe come over and hit the equipment sometime?"

Same thing with biker gangs, really.
Used to be intimidating when I was in my teens, but as an adult I'm just like:
"These are just normal people decked out in leather. That's all."

Okay okay... something I was just chatting to some guy about (some guyyy that uses ALL in fact... )

Would you be intimidated by a woman's muscular older brother, so much so, that it would put you off wanting to be with her?

Context: It's funny I forget how intimidating my brother is, I took a random selfie to prove my brother was just loitering around me lol and literally all you could see is his leg in the background, yet it became a huge topic of conversation because he is so built. If you met him, you'd see he has learning difficulties and stuff and is a gentle giant, but initially, no matter how nice he is he intimidates everyone. So... come on men... truthfully would that put you off your quest to find love?
No

Rule in my country is: when you date someone , you also date her family and her friends.
My rule is: if I don't like your family and friends, I don't date you.
I like this rule, I know so many that have broken ties with family members to be with someone, I think someone has to be really worth something like that, it's a huge sacrifice.

Hahah nah, the thing with most guys, regardless of how muscular they are or how well they fight, is they always forget to protect their nuts. One swift knee to the nuts and a headbutt to the bridge of the nose and you and his wee sister will be in Gretna Green before he's picked himself up off the floor. 💒 👰 💥
Thats the thing he's a gentle giant, wouldn't hurt a fly honestly, but he's shook some guy that used to walk with me to lunches hand before, and that guy never ever walked me to lunch again lol

so it's implied your brother can win a physical fight with everyone (this is a really dangerous thought, don't nurture it, I tell you as a man) ... I think it may be a good test indeed but definitely not 100 percent accurate ... if he feels intimidated it may be because he has conscious or unconscious guilty thoughts related to you indeed ... but some men feel guilty by default because of low self esteem
Lol how do I always imply things on this site, he's not a fighter, he's really nice, in fact he always wants to be best friends with everyone, his stature is just initially intimidating to almost everyone I have ever met, he has never walked in to a room and not heard how intimidating or scary or large he is.

When I was younger? I found it a bit intimidating, but not too much.
I'm a metalhead darling, you can't go to a death metal concert without running into at least 2 or 3 dudes that look like they're ready to kick some ass, that's just part of the atmosphere. 🤷‍♂️ But that was also part of the appeal when I was younger was an atmosphere of potential unexpected danger. Some dudes go mountain climbing, some dudes go skydiving, I go to shows where it's totally normal to get covered in blood via performance theatrics and the probability that someone in the mosh pit is on some drugs is probably kinda high. That's just normal to me now.

These days, nah, it doesn't intimidate me at all.
If anything I'm more like: "hey yo, I too am also trying not to die old and weak, can I borrow some of your gear that you don't use much anymore, or maybe come over and hit the equipment sometime?"

Same thing with biker gangs, really.
Used to be intimidating when I was in my teens, but as an adult I'm just like:
"These are just normal people decked out in leather. That's all."
I like this outlook, I think its interesting how many guys are intimidated by older brothers or even exes. Think its more manly to admit you used to feel this way, as I am sure even if unable to admit it, many men felt the same at some point.

How did I know.... you was gonna say no lol

Lol how do I always imply things on this site, he's not a fighter, he's really nice, in fact he always wants to be best friends with everyone, his stature is just initially intimidating to almost everyone I have ever met, he has never walked in to a room and not heard how intimidating or scary or large he is.
it's obviously implied since why would someone be intimidated by a big guy if not because a potential harm

it's obviously implied since why would someone be intimidated by a big guy if not because a potential harm

See, all these things I am unintentionally implying, lol What I meant is, if you saw a girl you liked had a brother who "looks intimidating" would you still want to try to be with her? Or would you be put off by that?

I like this outlook, I think its interesting how many guys are intimidated by older brothers or even exes. Think its more manly to admit you used to feel this way, as I am sure even if unable to admit it, many men felt the same at some point.

I usually have a track record for going over pretty well with families. More often times than not. So usually, if something goes wrong and a conflict arises, I kinda just shrug it off, purely based on my statistical history. 😅

Conflict with an interests family actually makes me less observant about myself, because I'm MOSTLY self observant, and more observant about the relationship between my interest and their family members. Because there's this weird looming essence in that atmosphere that comes off wherein the discourse is misplaced. That is: They're not upset with me, they really haven't taken the time to get to know me fully yet, they're usually just upset amongst themselves, and I'm just there, the new guy, and effectively an easy target.

In most instances I can just roll with it fairly without it really effecting me. And gradually as I'm around my interests family more they tend to misplace their discourse upon me less, and sometimes even apologize. 🤷‍♂️

Sssooo, yeah, even when there is initial conflict, I usually just ignore it and don't overthink it. Especially if it's with someone you don't really know.

See, all these things I am unintentionally implying, lol What I meant is, if you saw a girl you liked had a brother who "looks intimidating" would you still want to try to be with her? Or would you be put off by that?
I would be glad to have her because me too I would feel protected

verbally rude? then she is the referee ... as long as her love overwhelms his hatred ... fine with me

oh so we are not in a relationship yet ... well I have to confess I never did dating in the classical way (like meeting for exploring the possibility of a relationship) ... my strict policy is first come the feelings then "dating"

Your policy SHOULD be the classic way. Yes it is nice to see where you can go when dating, but it feels so much better when you are already have feelings. At least that's how i experience it.

That's why I consider Internet such a bless for dating ... you can filter out from the beginning what is / isn't suitable for a relationship in a very comfortable, non-hurting way

Like a soft cushion.
I must say though, both the upside and downfall of online dating. Too much choice and people get too picky. You wont meet real humans anymore.
BUT, you CAN get someone perfect for you. And can see through red flags.
At least thats how I see it.

I agree but for some people as myself (like having disabilities or various shortcomings) it's not at all plenty of choice ... actually it's the only way to meet someone from the same league and for them Internet dating is literally a bless

What the hell are you talking about?? If this was me I would not worry about her brother despite if he was big or small. Treat her right and everything will be ok. Can you follow this?

Right, YouTube university has sent me back...

Do men really know if they want to marry you after 3 months of getting to know you?

Right, YouTube university has sent me back...

Do men really know if they want to marry you after 3 months of getting to know you?
This man does, been there, done that, never again.

If it's a long white dress and a fistful of flowers she want's I'm not the one.

Latest posts

Back