Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

The guy was most likely just bored or trying to find something to do. And didn't want to make it into a date.

Badjedidude said:
Naleena said:
Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

The guy was most likely just bored or trying to find something to do. And didn't want to make it into a date.

It could also mean. He wants to know where she'll be...this way he
can stay the hell away from where she'll be. :p

hahhahhahah. Well, when I ask something like that, it's just for random conversation, to have something to talk about. If i want to ask a girl out, I would probably ask "Any plans for today/this week?"

What do you look for in a woman? I know everyone wants different things but... what are the main things that are a must to you?

For me it would have to be someone who wants to be or talk with me, it can be quite attractive

Okiedokes said:
What do you look for in a woman? I know everyone wants different things but... what are the main things that are a must to you?

Someone that understands me and accepts me just like I am. That loves me the same in the good and bad moments. Someone to enjoy life with. That becomes a reason to turn myself into a better person each day passes by and to live life at full, that gives me a reason to come back home and wake up the next morning. That puts a stupid smile on my face and peace on my mind. A woman which is not just a girlfriend/wife, but also my bestfriend.

A person that takes care of herself not just for aesthetics reasons, but mainly for health reasons. That is not a control freak, bitchy or desorganized. I look for a balanced personality. I also don't like robots. Someone that knows balance between work and family.

I don't know... a decent human being.

Okiedokes said:

Someone easy going that I can chill out with and play video games or watch tv/movies with. Someone that doesn't constantly crave attention or affirmation. Someone with their own interests and goals too. Also it would be nice if they had decent life skills, could take care of themselves, and hold down a job. I'm also going to add that it would be nice if they could actually communicate. Tell me when something is bothering them and not be passive aggressive or super vague about things. Not afraid to call out my bullshit but not offended when I call out hers.

Edit- Thinking about past relationships I've decided it would also be nice if she could be assertive sometimes and not rely on me to come up with all of the activities and things to do. It gets tiring really fast. Eventually it makes me not want to do anything at all. These things are also pretty much what I look for in my guy friends too.

kamya said:
Okiedokes said:

Someone easy going that I can chill out with and play video games or watch tv/movies with. Someone that doesn't constantly crave attention or affirmation. Someone with their own interests and goals too. Also it would be nice if they had decent life skills, could take care of themselves, and hold down a job. I'm also going to add that it would be nice if they could actually communicate. Tell me when something is bothering them and not be passive aggressive or super vague about things. Not afraid to call out my bullshit but not offended when I call out hers.

Edit- Thinking about past relationships I've decided it would also be nice if she could be assertive sometimes and not rely on me to come up with all of the activities and things to do. It gets tiring really fast. Eventually it makes me not want to do anything at all. These things are also pretty much what I look for in my guy friends too.

This echos me as well

Drew88 said:
kamya said:
Okiedokes said:

This echos me as well

Additionally:
I would personally look for someone that is open to having fun, no matter the situation, with a good sense of humor.
I would try to avoid getting 'stuck' on lofty expectations, and instead focus on enjoying the moment, having fun, having a good time :).

I love easygoing women.
If both the woman I am with, and myself, are having fun, no matter what we do, then I have no reason to not like her, and every reason to try and keep her around! :p

Okiedokes said:

Boobs :D

Romantic_Flower said:
hahhahhahah. Well, when I ask something like that, it's just for random conversation, to have something to talk about. If i want to ask a girl out, I would probably ask "Any plans for today/this week?"

Yeah, I find this confusing. I've asked girls before what they're doing at the weekend just because I'm curious and they reply something like "I don't know, why?"

Always makes me feel uncomfortable, because I'm not trying to get something from them, I just want to talk.

I don't understand why some girls reply like that, perhaps I'm just interpreting it wrong, but it comes off almost sort of like the girl's being defensive. Unless perhaps it's more sort of "shyly expectant defensive", in which case it's actually a nice thing and I'm being useless! :rolleyes:

I reply that way most of the time and I'm a guy. Usually I don't have anything planned so that's where the "I don't know" comes from, and I figure maybe this person wants to do something so the "why?" comes after. If I have something planned I tell them my plans.

I'd say "I dunno, why?" is a good indication that you can ask them out to do something over the weekend. That's how it is with me anyways.

If you were with someone, and you knew this someone did not agree with getting married, simply for the fact that she just didn't think much of it... But you have it in your heart that she's the one you want to be with, would you still propose to her? Even if you were certain her answer would be what you thought, would you still do it anyway out of the love you had for her?

No and yes. I wouldn't propose as much as maybe just buy her a ring to symbolize our love for each other. That might sound kind of pansy but I'd never force someone into something they didn't want. It would always be left open though if the time came and she ever changed her mind.

I think that would be a bit selfish to propose marriage to someone who does not agree with it in the first place.

Sci-Fi said:
No and yes. I wouldn't propose as much as maybe just buy her a ring to symbolize our love for each other. That might sound kind of pansy but I'd never force someone into something they didn't want. It would always be left open though if the time came and she ever changed her mind.

What a sweet thing to do, Sci-Fi!

Here's a good one FOR THE MEN: Let's say that you told a woman that you are friends with for about 6 months, that your feelings are deeper than just friendship, and you love her and want to take the relationship to the next level.

Her answer is that she doesn't feel the same way about you, and she hopes you can remain just friends. Would you be able to handle being JUST FRIENDS with her, and what would you say to her?

Nope. I'd lie to myself and try to convince myself that I could kill those feelings, but in reality they would never go away on their own.

ShybutHi said:
I think that would be a bit selfish to propose marriage to someone who does not agree with it in the first place.

What would be selfish about it?

And yes, that's sweet, Sci.

VanillaCreme said:
If you were with someone, and you knew this someone did not agree with getting married, simply for the fact that she just didn't think much of it... But you have it in your heart that she's the one you want to be with, would you still propose to her? Even if you were certain her answer would be what you thought, would you still do it anyway out of the love you had for her?
Nope I wouldn't.

Latest posts

Back