Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xrchz said:
Okiedokes said:
Would you ever want to just be friends with a girl who doesn't want a relationship? Or is in one already? Or is that kind of a waste or not of your interest? Honest question guys. I'd ask the same thing for women too but it's not the women's thread lol.

Yes I would. In fact I do have some girl friends like that. I guess sometimes I'd hope that one day we might get together when things change, but actually in a lot of cases there's absolutely no chance (e.g. they're married/engaged already) and I still value the friendship.

That makes sense. It definately makes sense if you like the person or see potential but it's awesome and takes a real friend to still want to talk even if the other person isn't looking around.

Okiedokes said:
Would you ever want to just be friends with a girl who doesn't want a relationship? Or is in one already? Or is that kind of a waste or not of your interest? Honest question guys. I'd ask the same thing for women too but it's not the women's thread lol.

It would be perfect in my situation

silver birch leaves said:
Okiedokes said:

It would be perfect in my situation

Nice.... me too.

Okiedokes said:

Assuming the friendship would be purely platonic, the answer is YES to both... but that doesn't seem to be possible in the real world. If a woman doesn't want to be in a relationship then she always wants sex. Her already having a mate doesn't seem to prevent this either. I've tried that 1 repeatedly. :/

Okiedokes said:

Yes, of course. I mean... underneath it all, I would always consider the possibility of being with her; I can't help that. As a man, I honestly, deep down believe that EVERY woman is available to me. *shrug* But I'm definitely capable of having friends-that-are-girls, and not acting on any impulses or sexual attractions.

I mean, there'd always be some flirting and playful banter. ;)

I've had/have plenty of friendships with women. :)

Sprint said:
Okiedokes said:

Assuming the friendship would be purely platonic, the answer is YES to both... but that doesn't seem to be possible in the real world. If a woman doesn't want to be in a relationship then she always wants sex. Her already having a mate doesn't seem to prevent this either. I've tried that 1 repeatedly. :/

Oh wow.... that's just ick. And I'd have to disagree with that because not every woman is like that. lol.

Okiedokes said:
Sprint said:
Okiedokes said:

Oh wow.... that's just ick. And I'd have to disagree with that because not every woman is like that. lol.

Right, I can only speak from my own experiences. I'll just continue to hope what you say is true.

Sprint said:
Okiedokes said:

Can't say my experience lines up with this. I've had plenty of platonic friendships with girls, none had any hint of sex or anything about them.

With me it's kind of the opposite, finding girls to be just good friends with is pretty easy, finding a girl that wants more than that is not!

Okiedokes said:

Of course. There's plenty of value in people, with or without the carnal gymnastics.

I would be platonic friends with women, but as a whole I don't generally have a ton in common with the ones I've met. It sounds strange but in a relationship I find it easier to have less in common than I would with a friend.

It all depends from person to person, but for me it's perfectly fine. I have a lot of female friends, and often I was more comfortable to be with them than with men.

because of medications and health issues, My libido went away a few years ago, It has been an incredible learning experience... I had a large number of women I thought were friends, I found out that all they wanted were the benefits of a guy in there life... and with no desire or need for sex on my part, these women lost any power, and so they left...

I still have women friends, but, the ones who thought they had power, control, or a right to manipulate, were scared away when they found the power was gone...

People are strange creatures, we all repeat familiar patterns, and behaviors, even when they hurt us or others

mintymint said:
lol, wtf is wrong with that lady's head/face

HUH?!?!?!

The irony of these threads is that any answer you give will be right with some people and wrong with others. People are individuals. Men and women are more alike then different. Besides some of the obvious differences. That said, women are much more attractive, their voices are usually more soothing, they usually smell better, can't think of any other things atm.

Many women want sex. Some don't, just like some men don't. Thought I would post this link here. "Girls: i'm curious, how does it feel when you get aroused?" http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1099348

Guys, how much do you value your alone time?

and

Have you ever thought you had feelings for someone and then realized it was just friends?

Okiedokes said:

I value my alone time quite a bit. And I make it VERY clear when I'm taking time for myself. Not rudely, of course... but a woman will generally know when I don't want to be around people for a bit, or when I want to hide in my man-cave. lol

Okiedokes said:
Have you ever thought you had feelings for someone and then realized it was just friends?

Of course. It's not a big deal if it happens, though. Just being friends with someone (instead of lovers) is fine. :)

Okiedokes said:

and

I value my alone time a lot. If I'm not getting it I can become somewhat cranky.

It's so rare that I ever do have feelings for someone that I've never had a situation where I later realized it was just friends.

Okiedokes said:

and

I value my alone time immensely. But, I value couple time just as much. I need me days, though. Or at least days where I'm hanging out with good friends without my girlfriend.

I have almost never had the second question happen. My feelings are weird. It's always ended up being a little more electricity (whether I act on it or not is another question) than 'just friends.'

Alone time is very much needed, it's one of the main things keeping me from trying hard to get a relationship.

I value "alone time" a great deal, but believe this shouldn't take priority over "us time". I say take opportunities for alone time when they arrive, and try to create opportunities without disturbing the relationship.

"Just friends" after reaching romance/sexual?
never happened...
I've felt "just acquainted" after hoping to build an unbreakable friendship.

Latest posts

Back