Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why crying is considered unmanly? I often heard people saying, "Oh you are such a baby" or "Men don't cry, stop it!".

Because crying is considered to be showing weakness and the world scorns weak men. If I see some guy crying, I'll question how well he can deal with life, and I'll be cautious he'll drag me down with his material or emotional needs.

BrokenInside said:
Why crying is considered unmanly? I often heard people saying, "Oh you are such a baby" or "Men don't cry, stop it!".

because most people are stupid.
men are people and people have feelings. too many men try to hold their feelings in which is why they are usually so violent when emotional things do happen.

blackdot said:
BrokenInside said:

men are people and people have feelings. too many men try to hold their feelings in which is why they are usually so violent when emotional things do happen.

Good question, Broken...

So some men are not able to express feelings healthily because they are told or learn to repress for the sake of avoiding a label such as weak? :( that is sad and detrimental ... this does shed light on a variety of wonders I have on how some men choose to listen, communicate, behave, etc.

blackdot said:
BrokenInside said:

There! Thats my opinion too.

perfanoff said:
Because crying is considered to be showing weakness and the world scorns weak men. If I see some guy crying, I'll question how well he can deal with life, and I'll be cautious he'll drag me down with his material or emotional needs.

I am not saying to cry and whine all the time. Its annoying even if a woman does it frequently. Man is a human too so he shouldn't be criticised on letting his tears out when its needed.

ucxb said:
Good question, Broken...

So some men are not able to express feelings healthily because they are told or learn to repress for the sake of avoiding a label such as weak? :( that is sad and detrimental ... this does shed light on a variety of wonders I have on how some men choose to listen, communicate, behave, etc.

Thanks ucxb!

last time i cried i was facing 6 mtnhs in jail, alcohol addiction and lost a job, i was 24 at the time, was that unmanly to be upset about having my freedom taken from me and watching everything around me turn to honeysuckle? as blackdot said were only human

Men don't cry, they punch holes in walls and punch each other in the head and rub naughty dogs' noses in their own honeysuckle and cheat on their wives and throw bottles in the street and call each other faggots while taking photos of their stupid abs in their mum's bathroom mirror.

That, or crying. Which is the most counterproductive and idiotic.

I don't cry so often anymore, but the other night, when I realised how much I had hurt my girlfriend with my actions, I let a couple of years worth of tears and snot out. Been a while since I cried like that.

Thanks men for sharing moments of tear shedding ! I still feel distraught by the mindset of "crying is weak" and could ramble and rant about how unjust that is... I was going to ask why do some men shutdown or detach when feelings are discussed. But now I feel repressing is a root cause of it now.

painter said:
Men don't cry, they punch holes in walls and punch each other in the head and rub naughty dogs' noses in their own honeysuckle and cheat on their wives and throw bottles in the street and call each other faggots while taking photos of their stupid abs in their mum's bathroom mirror.

I don't cry so often anymore, but the other night, when I realised how much I had hurt my girlfriend with my actions, I let a couple of years worth of tears and snot out. Been a while since I cried like that.

Awww *hug*

Edward W said:
Hmm snot! Nice!

dugthecat said:
everyone loves snot!

Errr.. snot is nice? Don't think so lol. And no, not everyone, dugthecat. Lol.

dugthecat said:
last time i cried i was facing 6 mtnhs in jail, alcohol addiction and lost a job, i was 24 at the time, was that unmanly to be upset about having my freedom taken from me and watching everything around me turn to honeysuckle? as blackdot said were only human

I am sorry to hear that! Yeah you were, indeed!

painter said:

You are so right!

Some men even manage not to shatter a bottle in the street or smash a hole in the drywall while simultaneously managing to control their emotions and redirect that energy into productive things.

bodafuko said:
Some men even manage not to shatter a bottle in the street or smash a hole in the drywall while simultaneously managing to control their emotions and redirect that energy into productive things.

I clearly haven't mastered that yet...

blackdot said:
BrokenInside said:

Men are "different" from women. By societally imposed norms and teachings, giving men "power" (responsibility), and when they don't want to deal with said responsibility (why should I have to be the one to put my heart on the line, and ask her out? All she does is sit there and decide 'yes' or 'no') they get told "What are you complaining about, you have all the power." Power doesn't actually exist, there is nothing you can do that can actually control another person who doesn't want to be controlled. So what you have instead is senseless duties (I don't want to be drafted for war, I don't want to be expected to support an entire family because you've decided you can work too but I'm the only one that needs to pay the bills, and I don't want to be typecast into either leadership positions or heavy lifting), and an expectation that we're supposed to be thrilled about them because we have all the "power".

Men and women are people. We have ambitions, we want freedom, we laugh/cry/etc, we work, we raise families. All of us being human have the right to be anything, a good/evil person, heck there are men who have become women.

But men apparently can't because they have "power" and as such it would be wrong to ask instead for freedom. Which is not really power at all, because real power is not controlling others but controlling oneself, having freedom over one's own life. No wonder they rage and break things, men are actually impotent (not in that way), and suspect/know it.

I'll cry if I want to, come here and fight if you have a problem with that!

:club:

Ugg - I make fire!!! Me man!!!

:D

Edward W said:

I WILL FIGHT YOU, WIMP.

As long as we can hug and cry afterwards and toast marshmallows over your fire.

painter said:
Edward W said:

I WILL FIGHT YOU, WIMP.

As long as we can hug and cry afterwards and toast marshmallows over your fire.

Normal Friday night then!

Latest posts

Back