Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares how you dress. I'm always buying new clothes, doesn't make me "noticed". Nevermind all that stuff, the real problem is that getting a girl to even acknowledge you exist or just look at you and say "hi" is like winning the lottery.

It's never happened to me in real life.

firebird85 said:
Who cares how you dress. I'm always buying new clothes, doesn't make me "noticed". Nevermind all that stuff, the real problem is that getting a girl to even acknowledge you exist or just look at you and say "hi" is like winning the lottery.

Aren't you the one saying how much we women desire our men to have expensive clothes and cars and houses and fancy jobs and whatnot... You're so full of misguided thoughts, that you contradict yourself.

VanillaCreme said:
firebird85 said:

Aren't you the one saying how much we women desire our men to have expensive clothes and cars and houses and fancy jobs and whatnot... You're so full of misguided thoughts, that you contradict yourself.

*high five*

How do you let a girl know you are into her?

through many years I found out that hanging out with her and talking about her social and emotional problems isn't the way. You just become a friend who hears about how some guy she likes might not like her. :(

Anything can come from a friendship. Friendship doesn't necessarily mean you're put on the back burner. A lot of relationships can blossom from a friendship, unknowingly. But if it's bothering you so, just casually sit her down and talk to her about how you feel. If she cares for you, she'll understand, even if she doesn't feel the same.

Ok, i was just trying to find a different way to get a girlfriend. I horrible with the women. Maybe I am to eager that a girl doesn't feel like i am not enough of a challenge or she thinks i am moving to fast.

Enough of a challenge? Not everyone wants a challenge. Don't know why so many people seem to think that.

Well many magazines make it seem like a girl likes to work for a guy they like. It is part of the game I dislike so much. Relationships shouldn't be built on games and Cosmo inspired tests.

Magazines? Really? Burn them, dude. Magazines are just compiled stories. They aren't fact. And I agree, I dislike the game that a lot of people make it out to be. It shouldn't be a game. People aren't games, and shouldn't be treated as such. Treat her as the meaningful person she is with kindness and respect, and you'll most likely get it back in return.

I wouldn't say so. If you get to know a person well enough, suddenly they don't seem shy around you.

Anten said:

It's not actually too hard. Show her attention. Smile at her. Eye contact.
Of course if she's not into you, she may not acknowledge what you're doing.

There's a guy where I work that likes me. He does all of the above. I treat him the same as I do everyone else. Although I know he likes me, I have no interest in a relationship, so while I'm nice to him, I don't treat him any nicer than I do anyone else.

EveWasFramed said:
Anten said:

It's not actually too hard. Show her attention. Smile at her. Eye contact.
Of course if she's not into you, she may not acknowledge what you're doing.

There's a guy where I work that likes me. He does all of the above. I treat him the same as I do everyone else. Although I know he likes me, I have no interest in a relationship, so while I'm nice to him, I don't treat him any nicer than I do anyone else.

:( I feel like that guy all the time. Sometimes it doesn't even feel worth it to like a girl because I know she won't like me back.

Being kind doesn't really score you brownie points, in and of itself, in dating. I wish it did, but sometimes you're just too shy to date.

Yes it does, Leaning. I don't know who told you that, or why you believe it, but for the most part it does. Of course, it varies from person to person.

VanillaCreme said:
Yes it does, Leaning. I don't know who told you that, or why you believe it, but for the most part it does. Of course, it varies from person to person.

Vanilla, I have experienced it myself.

Every single girl that has expressed interest in me runs away when they learn that I'm shy. Many times, they will run to the good looking, sociable co-worker or close by friend, and end up a couple. I've had that happen at least three times, maybe more.

If girls really liked shy guys, I would be in a relationship by now. That's what I'm always saying. And no, I don't mean socially awkward...I just mean shy and quiet. Keeps to himself. Doesn't talk much.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Every single girl that has expressed interest in me runs away when they learn that I'm shy.

Is it because you're shy?

Or because you're functionally incapable of fulfilling the role of a man in the relationship? Like it or not, women often expect men to take the lead in things, especially on a date. And if you're incapable of stepping up and fulfilling that role for them...

...then why the fresia WOULD they want to be with you?

Do men have roles?

What about GLBT couples? Do they have roles?

I find it ridiculous that gender roles still exist today! We're all human beings.

Usaully you have a "man" and "woman" role in a same sex sex relationship.

Anten said:
Usaully you have a "man" and "woman" role in a same sex sex relationship.

The point I was trying to make is, does every guy have to guzzle beer, have tattoes, and lift weights and be into cars and sports?

I try to avoid gender stereotypes. However, they seem to fly, every time, when it comes to dating. Ridiculous!

Latest posts

Back