Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesse said:
Question ladies: If you go out with a guy and he doesn't touch you physically (arm around you, kiss, hand holding, etc.) would that make you think he didn't like you?

No, not at all. I wouldn't think that.

Jesse said:
Question ladies: If you go out with a guy and he doesn't touch you physically (arm around you, kiss, hand holding, etc.) would that make you think he didn't like you?

Sometimes, touching is creepy and/or uncomfortable for women in public. Everyone has their own comfort and pacing levels. It can be easy to pick up how touching is making the other person feel - whether it's pleasing or uncomfortable. Body language is key if open communication is something that doesn't come easy to a relationship.

VanillaCreme said:
No, not at all. I wouldn't think that.

Thanks Nilla for answering. That helps me- I'm very shy and afraid that if I don't initiate something she'll think I don't like her, but maybe that isn't so.

Laura McLonely said:
Sometimes, touching is creepy and/or uncomfortable for women in public. Everyone has their own comfort and pacing levels. It can be easy to pick up how touching is making the other person feel - whether it's pleasing or uncomfortable. Body language is key if open communication is something that doesn't come easy to a relationship.

I've never tried physical contact except with one person who I knew liked me. Body language is a mystery to me, but like I said I've never tried anything except with the one person. I had a couple women initiate physical contact with me so I took that as it being ok. Thanks for your response.

I am a long time reader first time poster so go easy! :D

I have a few question for you girls out there why is it when you get send a text asking what are you doing e.t.c do you not reply back for badness or are you just teasing.

And if going out on a date do both people pay or is the guy expected to pay for it all?

Thatguy said:

I have a few question for you girls out there why is it when you get send a text asking what are you doing e.t.c do you not reply back for badness or are you just teasing.

And if going out on a date do both people pay or is the guy expected to pay for it all?

I don't think I've ever not replied for "badness" or because I am "teasing." Sometimes, I'm just busy. Other times, I'm just not interested in replying for a myriad of reasons - some because I don't like the person and sometimes because I don't know what to say back.

As far as going out, that depends on the situation. If one person is more affluent than the other, they may pick up the bill. If you want it to be serious, the guy might pick up the bill. If it is just a casual thing, each person usually pays their own way. Sometimes, offering to pay for something offends a girl, while other times not offering offends a girl. It really depends on her belief systems, which is really a sucky answer, I know. If you want to pay for her, it might be a good idea to ask her if she minds. Usually, we don't mind ;)

1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date?
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

1. For me, I find it attractive when the man is not afraid to be himself. We all have quirky habits ( atleast I do). If a relationship is going to work it's important to talk about your strengths and weaknesses.

Holding the door open is always a plus. Walking the same pace as the woman you are with is very helpful. As well as practicing good hygiene.

2. The worst thing a man can do while he is on a date with you is check out other women or get phone calls from other women while you are on the date.

Thatguy said:

I do not think the woman would not reply to your text for badness or teasing. It is possible she just doesn't have anything to say or is busy. Now if you go days without receiving a text back take that as a sign she is not interested and doesn't want to hurt your feelings.

Who pays for the date is always hard. I would check with the person you are going on the date with to see what they prefer, because I know women who always want to pay their way and other women find it offensive if the man does not pay.

I hope that helps?

Jesse said:

Not at all. I think most women are aware guys can be shy too. Now if the woman tries to touch you and you pull away she might take it as you do not like her. Whether you are trying to be or not, not touching on the first date is respectful. I imagine most women can appreciate that.

Obscure_Aspect said:
Jesse said:

Not at all. I think most women are aware guys can be shy too. Now if the woman tries to touch you and you pull away she might take it as you do not like her. Whether you are trying to be or not, not touching on the first date is respectful. I imagine most women can appreciate that.

Thank you for helping me out. I'm a pretty shy guy, but I won't pull away if a girl tries to make contact. I'm just shy about initiating it.

Jesse said:
Obscure_Aspect said:
Jesse said:

Thank you for helping me out. I'm a pretty shy guy, but I won't pull away if a girl tries to make contact. I'm just shy about initiating it.

Trust me if the girl likes you enough she will make the first move. I can be very shy yet in situations where the guy was just as shy as me, I did make the first move. There is nothing wrong with being shy, a lot of women actually find men being shy attractive. I always have. Just don't be afraid to tell her you are shy, so there is a good channel of communication.

You're right. I actually did tell a girl recently I was shy. At the least it helped me feel more comfortable.

Well thanks for the replys on the previous page about paying for a date it turns out some girls like to go halfers which made for an enjoying night out.

so today a girl that i haven't seen in a while and aren't close or anything(we go to different schools but see each other now and then) texted me saying "she hoped i was doing great and had a great day" after i replied she immediately replied back being kinda flirty..so is she interested in me? or is she just being friendly?

1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date?
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

1. I think its attractive if a guy at least trys and keeps a positive attitude and have a good time, he doesn't always have to suceed. I can have a good time sitting in traffic especially if someone is in the car with me. I think shy guys are really cute, like when they cant find the words that they want to say and they blush i love it haha cause I know how that feels. Overcofidence isn't attractive to me i love seeing people's flaws we all have them, seeing them makes me feel more comfortable.

2. I don't like extreme rage and the need to beat up something or someone out of anger. If you haven't showered or bathed recently, thats not so cuddly (I'm talking days). Big really big messy hair isn't my thing lol! like if it looks like the mop in the cleaning closet, long hair can be good just brush it everyday. Stinky breath is gross, I don't mind it at all if they are willing to eat a mint, chew some gum, or brush your teeth, but if you just don't care and let it be for the whole day stinky thats a little gross. :( Really extreme loud music so that you can't hear the person next to you or an ambulance coming while driving is annoying haha.

Question: Ladies if you found out a guy in his early 20's hasn't done anything with a girl before would you refrain from going out with him or find it weird even if he was a great guy?

beards.

how important is it when a girl says she likes a clean cut guy? if the guy has a beard, could other attributes persuade her into liking him still? ...what about body hair now? can that be over looked too?

RE: Questions for the Women
Question: Ladies if you found out a guy in his early 20's hasn't done anything with a girl before would you refrain from going out with him or find it weird even if he was a great guy?

to answer this question, I would not judge someone on what happened or didnt happen in thier past, i would look at who they are now.

RE: Questions for the Women
beards.

how important is it when a girl says she likes a clean cut guy? if the guy has a beard, could other attributes persuade her into liking him still? ...what about body hair now? can that be over looked too? lol to answer this question, i like beards lol and i hope i dont gross anyone out but i like bodyhair on a man i think its extremely sexy and manly its way different than a womans body which is probably why its so darn sexy to me LOL ok i embarrassed myself now i like clean as in shower daily, clean cut i dont really care i can like that too haha

I tried shaving my chest once...but I just felt weird and cold and less macho, EVEN THOUGH it made my musculature stand out more for some reason. I prefer to keep the scruff...but I do keep my body properly bathed and trimmed so's I don't end up like Robin Williams. (Low blow, I know) Most girls that I talk to seem to prefer men who are shaven or clean-cut. Whatever happened to the women who like beards and hairy brutes? Haha, RebeccahSarah33, I'm not including you...you appear to be the last female on earth who has the right idea about men! :p

So here's a question for the ladies from the Oblivious Male Moron (me): When a single girl repeatedly says aloud, "Man, I'm tired of school...I need a drink!"...but not DIRECTLY to me, even though she's talking to me and another female friend....is she giving me an opening? Because that happened recently and I sort of got the impression that she wanted me to offer to take her out or something...but I didn't. Was she expecting me to?

----Steve

I tend to take things as direct meaning, being a brute of course :p

If only she said, "Man, I'm tired of Tom... I need a Steve!"

Latest posts

Back