Questions for the Women

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheRealCallie said:
Aisha said:
He's just pointing out the keyword in your statement.
Also, "write".

Periods and commas go INSIDE the end quote..... :club:

Not the way I was taught! ^^ I was taught that it goes inside the quotes at the end of a full sentence in dialogue, but otherwise there are exceptions. But I went to an old-fashioned elementary school that taught me old-fashioned American English. One of my college professors kept marking me down for putting it outside the quotes like that, and I kept having to argue with her.

Xpendable said:
Aisha said:
He's just pointing out the keyword in your statement.
Also, "write".

Isn't "wrote" the preterite (?) Since the post was written in the past.

No, it is "write".

EveWasFramed said:
That's an awful thing to say, whoever said it.

I agree.

kamya said:
Solivagant said:
EveWasFramed said:
Triple Bogey said:
Women are too complicated for any questions I think. You must always play games with them. They are unpredictable. And evil as I said.

Holy fresia. That's low, even for you.

LiLeila said that.

No you're not doing it right. You're supposed to attack TB no matter what he says. It's a game we seem to be playing lately. For a few members at least.

You noticed that too? Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

-Teresa

Back to topic:

What do you think of man that lives with his parents beyond his late twenties?

Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

Depends. Are his parents infirm and need extra help around the house and with bills? Did he lose his job (happened a lot during the Great Recession) and needs to get back on his feet again? Did his wife just boot him out and he needs to get back on his feet again? Does he have heavy student loans and wants to save some $$ to eventually buy his own home?
Those are all good reasons in my opinion for a man to live with his parents.
Being independent from the watchful eyes of parents is great. I can't imagine living back with my parents unless it were necessary, like in the scenarios above. And I would probably wonder about a man who chooses to live with his parents instead of opting to strike out on his own.

-Teresa

Girls, I'll start this. 
1.What are some of the behaviors that you find attractive in a man on a date? 
2. What are some behaviors you don't like on a date?

I don't so much care about doors being held open for me. I tend to have feminist tendacies, so I don't mind opening my own doors.
What I do like is undivided attention. Not looking around to see who is around us or if they know anyone, etc. Giving me their complete attention and listening to the things I say. That makes me feel important and like he actually wants to be on this date with me and wants to get to know me.
On the flip side, I don't like flirting with other women. Or taking too much control, like thinking he can order for me because he "knows the best food here". That is not a turn on.

SofiasMami said:
Depends. Are his parents infirm and need extra help around the house and with bills? Did he lose his job (happened a lot during the Great Recession) and needs to get back on his feet again? Did his wife just boot him out and he needs to get back on his feet again? Does he have heavy student loans and wants to save some $$ to eventually buy his own home?
Being independent from the watchful eyes of parents is great. I can't imagine living back with my parents unless it were necessary, like in the scenarios above. And I would probably wonder about a man who chooses to live with his parents instead of opting to strike out on his own.

-Teresa

What about a man who lives in a house he inherited? Loser?

I don't want to sell, or rent to people who will trash the place.

Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

Like the other members, I'd say it depends on his reasons. As long as he is an independent person and isnt slacking Id be completely fine with him living with his parents.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

My thoughts on that would entirely depend on the reason he's living with his parents.

Agree. If he's helping his parents or parent, or trying to save money, or if it's also just his house as well by paying for it or inheriting it, that's fine. If it's because he's being a bum about it, then not so much.

ardour said:

I think that's nice you're looking out for it. Keeping it nice is always a good thing.

Xpendable said:
Xpendable said:
Have you ever felt you were not worthy of a specific men? and why?

ladyforsaken said:
Yes, in two of my previous relationships.

One was because I felt like he wanted me to be someone I'm not and things had to be done his way or he'd get mad. So it made me feel like being myself was not worthy of him. That I wasn't good enough.

The other was because of the involvement of another woman. So there was a huge part of me at the time that felt like I wasn't worthy or good enough that could've led him to give his time and attention exclusively to another woman which he didn't give to me.

I meant someone who seemed flawless

My father.

sayragirl said:
Girls, I'll start this. 

1. I can't think of anything else specific other than like what you said, attention. It's a date.. each other's main attention should be each other.

2. I wouldn't like it if the guy is very distracted by something/someone else.

VanillaCreme said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

My thoughts on that would entirely depend on the reason he's living with his parents.

Agree. If he's helping his parents or parent, or trying to save money, or if it's also just his house as well by paying for it or inheriting it, that's fine. If it's because he's being a bum about it, then not so much.

I agree here too.

ardour said:

Not a loser at all, if anything, I'd think it's cool that you actually inherited the place to keep it alive and good. Not many people I know would actually do that.

sayragirl said:
Girls, I'll start this. 

1. Listening well, asking questions because it shows he's interested in finding out more about me, being respectful, walking me to my car if its late, eye contact

2. Initiating intimate behaviour too soon, foul language, bragging, being bitter/overly negative, talking about the exes, ogling at other women

ardour said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

Inherited from whom? Your late parents? That wouldn't be living with your parents, then, would it?

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Inherited from whom? Your late parents? That wouldn't be living with your parents, then, would it?

I didn't pay the mortgage. It's not the result of my work. It looks pathetic.

ardour said:

No it doesn't. It's still yours, regardless how you attained it. I would say that as long as you keep up on it, take care of it and whatnot, it's all good. It doesn't look pathetic that you inherited a property. Maybe put some work into it, and you wouldn't think of it as any less.

ardour said:
SofiasMami said:

Please put the strawman away. The question was what do women think of a man who lives with his parents.
But if I were to play along with your strawman, I would say that the boring question of who paid the mortgage isn't too likely to come up when you've just made someone's acquaintance.

-Teresa

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

I still live with my Dad and I am in my 40's.
If anybody doesn't like it I don't give a fresia.
I'm not going to change my life just so women may or may not like me more.

Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Back to topic:

I still live with my Dad and I am in my 40's.
If anybody doesn't like it I don't give a fresia.
I'm not going to change my life just so women may or may not like me more.

Um, well, I never said I wouldn't DATE a guy that lives with his parents....I just can't base a general opinion if I don't know the reason why.

1122 said:
Only in American English...

Oh good. To me it often seems to alter the quote if the punctuation wasn't a part of the quote, so i usually put it outside even though i was taught that was not correct. It is good to know that i am following someones rules.

Latest posts

Back