quit smoking : day one

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahaikulife

Reaction score
ummm, so, yeah, I quit smoking.... today.... i got a patch on my chest. I've quit before, but, obviously, it didn't work. Once, I even quit for about two years.... the last time was for about 9 months. Alot of times, when I start back up, it is because, for whatever reason, I suddenly find myself to be in a more lonely situation, and cigarettes are very comforting, which is why I always start up...but yeah, for me, deep loneliness has always brought me back to smoking. Hopefully this time, that will not happen.

patches ftw !!! (omg, maybe I shoudl get a bird and name it patches.... i've been wanting a bird for a long time.. a canary... I really want a canary... maybe, if I can go one month, I should reward myself with a canary and name it patches...how cool would that be.... sorry for my writing style, I just go and don't stop to edit or anything sometimes....)

lmao, Mike

Why do people smoke tobacco. You don't get high or anything why do it?

Parabolani said:
Why do people smoke tobacco. You don't get high or anything why do it?
It mildly relaxes you. Kind of like a cigar, but not as potent.

Gratz ahaikulife!
I'm sure you'll succeed if you want it bad enough.

Congrats, ahaikulife!

That's awesome that you decided to take the steps to quit. I know how difficult it can be for some people...

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Good luck with quitting. I know for sure I'm not ready to even consider it just yet.

I always founds it easier not to smoke if I was busy doing other stuff, chewing gum, etc etc.

Good luck!

P.S. - Make sure you get a male canary. Females don't sing :p

Good luck! Took a collapsed lung last Christmas for my Brother to give up. As for my Mum.. It's always tomorrow or next week :p

Good luck and nikotin chewing gum helped me. Used both patches and gum and then slowly went down on nicotine until chewing sugarfree was an option.

Tobacco can be a powerful inebriant depending on the frequency of use and dosage.

Nicotine has a half-life of approximately 2 hours.

Surprisingly enough there are a great deal of "recreational" tobacco users who use tobacco based on it's inebriating effects and circumstances, as opposed to those who learned to smoke socially as a habit.

I sued to be a recreational smoker in my youth. I'd smoke about a pack a month just to add a little zest to my pot high. However, after meeting a cute girl who smoked socially, I quickly picked up the bad habit of smoking. The draw, the flick of the ash, the comfort of having something to hold, the distraction, etc.. etc...

Good luck stopping smoking!

Stay strong.
This guy at the chess club(I love chess player's logic)When he quit smoking, he told about 20 of us one night that he is seriously going to quit. The reason he made it known to everyone was to make it easier to quit because he knew that if he relapsed, the boys at the club would razz him about it.

I know that razzing someone who relapses seems cold. But they would do it out of care and concern. It's pretty embarrassing to admit that you relapsed after telling so many people you were absolutely, positively, through.

Nobody likes being embarrassed.

good for u

I've never smoke or drink or any other bad stuff

Thank god for that​

I would wish you good luck but you seem like you know what you are doing!

So, uh, good job!

perfanoff said:
I would wish you good luck but you seem like you know what you are doing!

So, uh, good job!

actually, I totally failed...BUT, I am now on the third day of quitting again LOL.... a few life situations are straightenend out, so less stress, but my long drive to my new job may prove difficult, as I like smoking while driving... but I also miss going on really long bike rides, which I can't do anymore; I also miss not having my chest hurt every single morning; I also miss the thousands of dollars that have gone down the drain.

Ah, but failure is just the first step of success :D

Nicorette helped me a lot personally. Having another person that quit smoking in the same time probably helped me tremendously (even though they started smoking again after a while)

Latest posts

Back