Quitting everything you have...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottNil

Reaction score
Sometimes I want to quit everything I have, sell every honeysuckle I own, or put everything in a trash...and start a new life on the other side of the globe.

Leave Paris and go to the west...see the sun and be happy.
I want to see what my honest smile look like...because i'm tired of crying alone on my small bed, looking outside my window...see the sun fading away.

The fear of death, and the memories I have from how happy I used to be as a child keeps me hang on to life those days.

...I want to start everything again.

[video=youtube]

Attachments

• 11825853_1478998739078080_3923207335528331154_n.jpg
    11825853_1478998739078080_3923207335528331154_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 288
I just did it.

I have been in this region for around 6 weeks, I sold most of what I owned, trashed the rest, packed one pallet of goods and moved 2500 miles away.

I had been thinking about it for ages, then one day, just after my druggo neighbor had finished screaming at his daughter and throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old... I decided I'd had enough.

A month or so later I had a ticket booked. So glad I did...

A good friend of mine just a week back talked about how he would like to do something similar - pack his bags and start afresh. And then we got around to talking about a few other things too. So in a 7 game series you are 0-2 down right but still 5 more to play and a lot can still be won. Now either you have this chance to script a turnaround or you take on a completely different sport. A sport where you get to be 2-0 ahead. To my mind either is equally honorable and both situations are bound to test you. In a 2-0 still 5 more to play. Of course this doesn't apply to rigged-biased-loaded situations and even in sports theres bound to be some gamesmanship and play that can be termed unfair - for instance you are up against a team with a higher budget in an imperfect market.

ScottNil said:
Sometimes I want to quit everything I have, sell every honeysuckle I own, or put everything in a trash...and start a new life on the other side of the globe.

Oh me too. I keep going back and forth between wanting to do this and realizing how costly it would be.

When I was younger I was very weary of having any job that was a "forever" job and typically looked for term jobs. But then I decided that enough was enough and I was getting too old for that. I needed stability. I could not imagine how horrible a decision that was for me. Sometimes I seriously can't tell if I am going to destroy my life trying to make it for the "pension".

I want eventually to move to North Carolina because it is warm and has good housing but every time I think about going down there to see what it is like I fear that I won't come back.

I might be younger than most people on this forum (nearly 20), but I've had the luck to move more than a lot of people do in their entire lifetime, and to very diverse settings. The country, the city, rich suburbs, the "hood", you name it. I've lived in them all.

I don't want to put people down or be negative, because a change of scenery might really help. But, I can't help but be honest here, because this screwed me up pretty bad. Don't get your hopes up and expect it to solve everything. All those places I've lived, I've faced the same problems, aside from bullying which only happened in the place I spent most of my childhood, and that can be largely blamed on age, considering I was 14 when I moved. I've always failed to make friends, always ended up in a boring routine, always ended up miserable. The truth is, unless you fix the root of your problems, you're just going to end up miserable in a new location. Getting my hopes up so much, seeing it as my ticket out of the hell I was in at the time, and then experiencing all the disappointment made me far worse off mentally than I was before.

If you do decide to move, then my advice is this- make sure you have the right mentality before you do. Meet new people as soon as you're there, explore, go out, experience everything this new place has to offer. Because otherwise, you'll just waste that opportunity.

MentatsGhoul said:
All those places I've lived, I've faced the same problems, aside from bullying which only happened in the place I spent most of my childhood, and that can be largely blamed on age, considering I was 14 when I moved. I've always failed to make friends, always ended up in a boring routine, always ended up miserable. The truth is, unless you fix the root of your problems, you're just going to end up miserable in a new location.

Thanks for that. I know the feeling. I recently moved in the same state. I felt I needed a change and, in some ways, it was good but mostly I see that I just have the same problems in a new place. That is what keeps me from giving up my job. There is just no guarantee that moving will do much at all. Somethings can be better. There is good and bad to changing things up.

I think about it too. For me it's to go back to SE Asia, where I worked, well, a long, long time ago. I'd like to be the world's oldest digital nomad, make a living with a laptop and a wifi signal, never put on a tie again, make enough money to have what I need.

An alternative would be Mexico, a place off the tourist trail (or even the hipster trail, being too old for hipsterdom). For some reason Veracruz ticks the boxes-- on the Gulf, warm and humid, a little seedy, somewhat like Galveston and New Orleans and Havana all rolled into one-- I know I like the first two. I'm concerned about recent drug wars there. I speak pretty good Spanish but I look like a gringo, no escaping that.

I don't tell a soul in RL about it. They would freak out.

I have started quietly shedding things, things that maybe I want here but wouldn't want if I wasn't here. I'm also working on something I can do from the laptop.

Thank you all for your answers, for sharing your thoughts about it ,and your past experiences to help us, those who need fresh air, for a fresh mind.

I think internet make me forget, how big planet earth is, I used to take a plane like everyone, to travel and see just what I planed to see, but now I think every single step from the honeysuckle that i'm in, will make me happier, and happier...I love the feeling of adventure, of none planned trip.

I don't know if you guys just want to move from where you are now, or if the feeling of being free, with just the stuff that you need is what you're all about.

I, personally, used to collect music gear, studio gear, guitars, keyboards and a lot of cable, I also used to take drugs ( mainly acids ), a lot, but now I want to be free, I'm still struggling with quitting drugs, and I'm trying to sell all of my gear to afford a new home, and a way to get there, by appreciating every single step away from where I used to live...

Wish you all the best, and please apologize for my bad english, I'm not used to write in this language a lot ahah.

Yes this its a good point i like it .But be careful for your move dont be hazardous.For example choose good the place where you will move ,what job you will have there ,what friends you can make etc .I hope you get my point

Latest posts

Back