quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I have never been a patriot. We are all human beings – that’s been my special pathos in life."

"I know what the meaning of life isn’t. Collecting money and knicknacks and things, being famous and grinning from the pages of women's glossy magazines, being so afraid of loneliness and quiet that you never get a calm moment to think: What am I doing with my short time here on earth?"

"There's no law against old women climbing trees"

Astrid Lindgren

"...so what else could I do? I mean there's no future in anarchy; I mean let's face it. But when I was into it, there was never a thought of the future. I mean we were certain that the world was going to end, but when it didn't, I had to do something..."

- Stevo, "SLC Punk"

“Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.”​

Thank you for your time.

"You can change starting now"

"If they don't like the new you, so be it. If they only accepted you for your pure whiteness, then they were caught in the illusion." - Under The Scope(youtuber)

I was basically a doormat for a large majority of my school years. I hated it and wondered if people would talk to me even if I didn't let them copy my work. These quotes helped give me confidence to somewhat stand up for myself by actually saying no. They also helped me become a bit more comfortable with being myself instead of pretending to be this quiet, meek girl.

“I love you sons of bitches. You’re all I read any more. You're the only ones who’ll talk all about the really terrific changes going on, the only ones crazy enough to know that life is a space voyage, and not a short one, either, but one that’ll last for billions of years. You’re the only ones with guts enough to really care about the future, who really notice what machines do to us, what wars do to us, what cities do to us, what big, simple ideas do to us, what tremendous misunderstanding, mistakes, accidents, catastrophes do to us. You're the only ones zany enough to agonize over time and distance without limit, over mysteries that will never die, over the fact that we are right now determining whether the space voyage for the next billion years or so is going to be Heaven or Hell.”

― Kurt Vonnegut

"He doesn't own a fortune, his fortune owns him..."
-An ancient Cynic whose name eludes me for the moment

Most of the moral and mental and even religious complexities of our time go back to our desperate fear that we are not and can never be really loved by anyone.
- Thomas Merton

Latest posts

Back