raising self esteem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
running with pain said:
how can i raise me self esteem? i need some good ideas

I can only tell you what helps me, the more I am true to myself and not care what others think the more self esteem I have. There is way more to it than that though, hard to explain. The more I help others or make others happy, the more self esteem I have. A big one is I find when I am feeling really bad about myself, it's for a reason, and the more I change negative things I discover in myself the more self esteem I have. Well I can't speak for you or anyone else those are things I've found to be true for me. Hope it helps.

You know what's been helpful (in my case)??? Well, I've been working out for a long time and it's helped me a lot. I'm more confident now and it's also a good way to release your stress and negative emotions.

Besides, you're gonna love yourself more. I really don't know if you agree with me in this aspect, but I think you should try it.

I hope this was useful.

EDIT: The most important thing is to accept yourself the way you are. No matter what you do to increase your self-esteem. If you don't change the way you see yourself, nothing's gonna change. Why am I telling you this??? because despite the fact that I do a lot of stuff to improve it, I haven't been successful. I can't accept myself the way I am.

Enjoy your successes and don't dwell on the things that don't work out so well. Whatever you're really talented at let that be your place for fulfillment and inspiration for future challenges. Don't allow yourself to look at others accomplishments for the standard to measure yourself by, for all you know they might not be as pumped up about it as you'd think. No one else can give you the self esteem you seek, only you can.

Gondwanaland said:
You know what's been helpful (in my case)??? Well, I've been working out for a long time and it's helped me a lot. I'm more confident now and it's also a good way to release your stress and negative emotions.

This was extremely helpful for me too. It made me feel empowered and improved my moods. I've let work/anxiety keep me from it, so here's getting back on the bandwagon!

You should try it runningwithpain :)

Veruca said:
Gondwanaland said:

This was extremely helpful for me too. It made me feel empowered and improved my moods. I've let work/anxiety keep me from it, so here's getting back on the bandwagon!

You should try it runningwithpain :)

Totally agreed! Working out is a great booster for confidence and positive moods / mindset. In my experience as well.

running with pain said:

Hey, I have realized that my low self-esteem has much to do with letting go. I have a book that reflects on how to let go of many things and has a lot to do with self care. Anyhow, it helps me when I need a positive perspective and wanted to share with you

The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
http://www.hazelden.org/web/go/thought_langletgo

ucxb said:
running with pain said:

Hey, I have realized that my low self-esteem has much to do with letting go. I have a book that reflects on how to let go of many things and has a lot to do with self care. Anyhow, it helps me when I need a positive perspective and wanted to share with you

The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
http://www.hazelden.org/web/go/thought_langletgo

thanx so much. i need to learn to let go

Learning how to let go is not easy and you are not alone with having such challenge. I have several hang ups to let go of and what worked for one does not mean it will work for another nor does it make it easier. It's best for me to focus on one at a time, though I overthink about them all. Best hopes for you running

making a list of one's problems, another list of possible solutions, simple ones that can be done every day, and making them happen one by one, at least a couple of them

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
All good suggestions here. I should try to see if any of them work. My self esteem is horrible.

self esteem seems to b a trend these days. its like opinions. everyone has them

Latest posts

Back