rant on ugliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrathofcanis

Reaction score
So I've been looking up information about ugly people and see how can still get the best out of life as a physically unnatrative person.

All I've found are responses such as "no one is ugly" "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" "looks don't matter"

Ok, Ok I know we all wish ALL these things were true but the fact is, Not everyone is good looking, Looks DO matter, and beauty standards are beauty standards and not all of us fits it..

I am one of those physically unnatractive people, Im 20 years old, guys don't looks at me, I've never been asked out, I was teased in school because of my looks, I have a huge nose, bad skin and very coarse frizzy hair ... but I don't care really I've accepted it, I don't consider myself to be any less of a person or any less deserving of respect than those good looking people, so despite of the fact that I am aware of my looks I accept myself and I woulndt chage them for ANYTHING because that is me....

now why is it that people are SO reluctant to accept the fact that today's society is rather superficial, and that yes unatractive and ugly people exist? it has become SUCH a taboo that people don't even talk about it, it not about beng politically correct, mean, posi[/u]tive or negative... its about being realistic

and please... don't come reapeating the same frases "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" "or beauty is on the inside" Im not talking about people being kind and the "everyone is pretty" argument has been proved wrong by real life...

*hugswraithofcanis*

the sad truth is that ya life is unfair, unfortunalty no one is created equal, some people are born pretty, ugly, healthy sick, fresia there have been people born with no goddamn limbs
unfortunatly besides basic grooming and such there is very little we can do about our looks ( or you could blow your money on plastic surgery, but that fake crap just looks fake)

many people think that if they were just a bit more attractive or something everything thing would be better but that's not true,

many attractive people have problems with bad abusive relationships depression and drugs

also first off this whole society obsession with beauty isn't nescarly a new thing, usually beauty means healthy have you ever seen someone with the flu and said **** that's hot) ( so for dating/ or mating we want to have the healthiets offspring possible, so that it will live reproduce and continue on your genes and to do that we want to have the healthiest/ most attractive person we can find)

only now the media flaunts around pictures and videos of the extremly rare and super hot media and shoves it down our throat until we start to believe that that level of hotness is the norm and then we realize we are not that hot and we feel ugly and sad :(

but there are so many people out there worrying about their own looks and would probably envy you for your looks

I've never had a girlfriend, and it does get me down a fair amount

but everyone at every level has similar problems and being prettier, you might still feel the same

I posted this artcile a while back but I think it's important

http://www.cracked.com/article_17061_reminder-5-things-you-think-will-make-you-happy-but-wont.htm

"So What's the Problem?

Remember, we're talking about happiness here, not success. For one, attractive people have the same self-esteem problems the ugly people do. Like money, attractiveness is relative and if you're hotter than your friends, at that stage you start comparing yourself to people in the media. You know, like the magazine covers we mentioned before, the ones that that have had the living honeysuckle Photoshopped out of them.

in other words, they've adjusted to the experience of being attractive the same as our high income earners have adjusted to having money; they just pick other flaws to worry about. Sure, if you used the magical artifact up there to become Angelina Jolie tomorrow, you'd notice the difference over how you're treated now. But if you were born Angelina Jolie, you'd have no way of grasping it, the same as right now you don't realize what it's like to live life with some kind of horrible deformity (if you do have a horrible deformity, then you don't know what it's like to live with a worse one. Work with us here).

Wait, it Gets Worse...

You know how when the hot girl at the bar tells an unfunny joke, all the guys laugh anyway? Or when the office stud makes a mistake, the female boss laughs it off?

Attractive people live in a world where most feedback they get is bullshit. The compliments mean nothing--they've learned that's just the sound people make when they walk by. That's why studies show they tend to dismiss the genuine compliments they get in other areas (their work, personality, sense of humor, creativity) because it gets lumped in with the same counterfeit flattery they've been getting their whole lives."

but the important thing is that you're comfortable with your looks

and that's the most important part

:)

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_1706...ill-make-you-happy-but-wont.htm#ixzz1Ex1udbvo

Hey Wrathofcanis!
I understand what u mean... Life can be harder for ugly ppl with the modern standards of beauty. Im not saying attractive ppl dont have problems. Im sure they do, as everybody does, but they wouldnt feel isolated or ignored. If they feel lonely it might be becuase they cant be with the one they want but not because they arent noticed. Even when u apply for a job ur looks count and a lot. It just the way it goes nowadays. So when many ppl say it doesnt matter if u are ugly, they dont know what to be ugly is.

evanescencefan91 said:
*hugswraithofcanis*

the sad truth is that ya life is unfair, unfortunalty no one is created equal, some people are born pretty, ugly, healthy sick, fresia there have been people born with no goddamn limbs
unfortunatly besides basic grooming and such there is very little we can do about our looks ( or you could blow your money on plastic surgery, but that fake crap just looks fake)

many people think that if they were just a bit more attractive or something everything thing would be better but that's not true,

many attractive people have problems with bad abusive relationships depression and drugs

also first off this whole society obsession with beauty isn't nescarly a new thing, usually beauty means healthy have you ever seen someone with the flu and said **** that's hot) ( so for dating/ or mating we want to have the healthiets offspring possible, so that it will live reproduce and continue on your genes and to do that we want to have the healthiest/ most attractive person we can find)

only now the media flaunts around pictures and videos of the extremly rare and super hot media and shoves it down our throat until we start to believe that that level of hotness is the norm and then we realize we are not that hot and we feel ugly and sad :(

but there are so many people out there worrying about their own looks and would probably envy you for your looks

I've never had a girlfriend, and it does get me down a fair amount

but everyone at every level has similar problems and being prettier, you might still feel the same

I posted this artcile a while back but I think it's important

http://www.cracked.com/article_17061_reminder-5-things-you-think-will-make-you-happy-but-wont.htm

"So What's the Problem?

Remember, we're talking about happiness here, not success. For one, attractive people have the same self-esteem problems the ugly people do. Like money, attractiveness is relative and if you're hotter than your friends, at that stage you start comparing yourself to people in the media. You know, like the magazine covers we mentioned before, the ones that that have had the living honeysuckle Photoshopped out of them.

in other words, they've adjusted to the experience of being attractive the same as our high income earners have adjusted to having money; they just pick other flaws to worry about. Sure, if you used the magical artifact up there to become Angelina Jolie tomorrow, you'd notice the difference over how you're treated now. But if you were born Angelina Jolie, you'd have no way of grasping it, the same as right now you don't realize what it's like to live life with some kind of horrible deformity (if you do have a horrible deformity, then you don't know what it's like to live with a worse one. Work with us here).

Wait, it Gets Worse...

You know how when the hot girl at the bar tells an unfunny joke, all the guys laugh anyway? Or when the office stud makes a mistake, the female boss laughs it off?

Attractive people live in a world where most feedback they get is bullshit. The compliments mean nothing--they've learned that's just the sound people make when they walk by. That's why studies show they tend to dismiss the genuine compliments they get in other areas (their work, personality, sense of humor, creativity) because it gets lumped in with the same counterfeit flattery they've been getting their whole lives."

but the important thing is that you're comfortable with your looks

and that's the most important part

:)

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_1706...ill-make-you-happy-but-wont.htm#ixzz1Ex1udbvo

that I knew, Beautiful people get away with pretty much everything just because of their looks, there is a pooint where they start thinking that their looks it's all people care about...

but most people treat ugly people as a joke, I would like to say "ugly people are people too" I was teased in school, my parents always complained about the way I looked.....My mom offered me to get plastic surgery for my nose, I was like "no thanks"

I don't really wish I was pretty, I don't wish to be anything that I am not, I am happy with myself all and all, I don't care if anyone ever askes me out on a date. But the fact that people don't even seem to respect us, to the point thy dont even want to talk about us and rather kid themselves with frases like "oh! eveyone is good looking" Like.... really? People don't want to talk about it, especially people who are average or good looking, seem to be the most unconfortable about the subject.

I don't care if people call me ugly, I am! I am very confortable with the raw truth, I rather an ugly truth, than a pretty lie, In the same way that I rather be naturally ugly than a fake beauty with plastic surgery all over the place. So, are there any minds alike?

I bet you're not even ugly to begin with.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And stays in the mind of the beholder as he masturbates at night. ;)

And sometimes some people share way to much, lol.

Wrathofcanis, 2 of those 3 things you listed can easily be treated with over the counter products. As for your big nose, heck a lot of people have big noses. Stop seeing yourself as ugly, a lot of times it's mind over matter.

As for all these "beautiful" people, a lot of them don't look so beautiful once all the make-up comes off, just keep that in mind too.

Cathedral said:
I bet you're not even ugly to begin with.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And stays in the mind of the beholder as he masturbates at night. ;)

lol

And sometimes some people share way to much, lol.

Ain't that the truth! :D

I'm not really sure what to say on this topic, just that I've met alot of people who said at first that they were really ugly/unattractive, but that made me think 'he/she's really not that bad looking". So I don't think you have to be so determined to pin yourself down as 'ugly'.

Besides, de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum *insert nerdsmiley*

(yeehaw, finally got to use my 6 years of Latin).

Latest posts

Back