RANT!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolagemma

Reaction score
Just needing to get some steam off!

Why, just why?!
I spoke to this boy a few years back, I got to know him, I started to like him, as the stories go, he went off to university, and we did stay in touch at first, claimed with both liked each other blahblahblah.
After about a year, we drifted apart, hardly spoke anymore, I've moved on, so has he clearly. He started chatting to me via facebook again last night, we had a phonecall, caught up on things had a nice chat blahblah.
tonight he decides he wants to proclaim his love for me, which fair enough nothing against, I gave an honest answer, and said youknow, it's been a few years since we've spoken properly, alot has changed, including me, I look different obviously, I think differently, and simply, my personality has changed, so I probably aren't the girl you used to like and stuff, but still accepted what he said. He then asked me how I felt, and being honest, I said obviously I wasn't sure, I'd moved on from that blahblah.
so he took it upon himself to ask me, "do I even care anymore?" honest answer again, I told him I didn't care for him more than in a friendship perspective, so guess what response I got! "oh fine, suppose I'll stop texting you, good luck with your life, goodbye." I argued and said don't be like that, of course I still want you in my life, and again the responses I was getting were very blunt, harsh comments.
WTAF!
am I heartless or unfair in saying he acted like a complete utter child, and his feelings couldn't of been that real for me if he just decided not to keep in touch? It just baffles me the way I hear nothing from him in years, and then BOOM! I'm a ***** for not being head over heels for him now? Utter knob!

rant, over. :)

We all have our buttons. His, apparently, is a desire not to wait on anything that might 1)cause him pain, and 2)force him into a state of uncertainty. I can sympathize, as it is something which I sort of do myself, if not quite as bluntly.

Whahahahah... I'm sorry, but that sort of behavior is just plain pathetic Xd Perhaps you should ask yourself if you even want a person in your life who acts like that?
I can't fully judge the situation, but still - such a type of response is generally not very healthy...

I honestly think you acted great. Just telling him honestly. God knows why he acted like that, I'd say just leave it and let him have his mood. He might calm down, come back and want to friends. In my experience men can be a bit like that sometimes. It ok if they more on but if a girl isn't pinning away they can get quite sensitive.

So the guy who claims he loves you, although not enough to keep in contact with you all these years, comes out the blue and acts as if you're supposed to wait for him. Okay...

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not a heartless cow, I can understand how he might feel, if he does actually have feelings for me, it's not nice and it can hurt alot.. but, he's 21 for god sake, acting like a 14 year old boy not getting his own way?

+ I did leave it, I told him he was behaving in a ridiculous way and ignored him the rest of the week. I got a text the other day saying, "oh I'm sorry for the way I acted, lets be friends" so I replied and said it's okay, I even apologised for any hurt Imay of caused him and told him youknow, things change it'll be for the better, and after we were back to normal he then came out with, "how about fresia bubby's? ;) just because I've always wanted to with you" I was like excuse me? we're getting on great and you ruin things? I told him he was the last person that I would ever imagine hearing saying something like that and that this is one of the obvious reasons we wouldn't ever work, because he's changed and so have I, and yet again, he went in a foul mood, saying pathetic stuff like "oh, I knew you never liked me blahblahhhh" it made me laugh in all honesty.

My honest opinion? You didn't do anything wrong. My suspicion? He may have just broken up with someone and may be on the rebound.
I say that because it doesn't make sense to suddenly after a year call someone up and proclaim you love them. And for him to get angry? Something isn't right about that. I think you did the right thing.

What an idiot. The fresia buddy thing really is beyond belief. I mean, maybe he's so immature he thought, well, if she doesn't love me but likes me as a friend, but she's also attracted to me, and if we add sex to it, I'm coming closer to a "relationship"..But, it doesn't seem likely or rational. That's a mistake a girl might make, but do guys think that way? I know they're convinced that once a girl has sex with them, that girl is HIS, heart and soul, but clearly they don't equate their own sexual drive with love.

lolagemma said:
+ I did leave it, I told him he was behaving in a ridiculous way and ignored him the rest of the week. I got a text the other day saying, "oh I'm sorry for the way I acted, lets be friends" so I replied and said it's okay, I even apologised for any hurt Imay of caused him and told him youknow, things change it'll be for the better, and after we were back to normal he then came out with, "how about fresia bubby's? ;) just because I've always wanted to with you" I was like excuse me? we're getting on great and you ruin things? I told him he was the last person that I would ever imagine hearing saying something like that and that this is one of the obvious reasons we wouldn't ever work, because he's changed and so have I, and yet again, he went in a foul mood, saying pathetic stuff like "oh, I knew you never liked me blahblahhhh" it made me laugh in all honesty.

Oh Sh*t! I just got to this. He's rebounding. Your worth so much more than he has to offer you. I think you did a fantastic job of handleing the situation.

He's texting me now, all like I'm sorry I didn't mean it, so I've jsut told him I don't want anything to do with him anymore, and that things happen for a reason. I said things were better when we stopped talking so, good luck with whatever you wanna do.

It depends what you mean by normal. It's certainly common for guys to be desperate to get laid, and to lie to get it, and imo the former happens because of the latter. But I don't see what's normal about treating women like morons, objects, and for that matter the way they dehumanize themselves for sex, when it's actually quite counterproductive, since women usually like to have sex with human beings.

oopsiedoop said:
It depends what you mean by normal. It's certainly common for guys to be desperate to get laid, and to lie to get it, and imo the former happens because of the latter. But I don't see what's normal about treating women like morons, objects, and for that matter the way they dehumanize themselves for sex, when it's actually quite counterproductive, since women usually like to have sex with human beings.
There's a difference between only wanting someone for sex and not wanting to be friends with someone.

Pheenix said:
There's a difference between only wanting someone for sex and not wanting to be friends with someone.

Not for this guy, and many. I thought that's what you were calling normal.

Latest posts

Back