Rating Yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IambicBlonde

Reaction score
Hello, all! I've been here about a week, read a lot of posts, met several people and I thought maybe it would be helpful if people rated themself on a loneliness scale. I'm sorry if this sounds offensive to anyone. It's not intended to put one person above another, or to praise and celebrate their problems. It's meant to help others gauge where they are, maybe meet others who suffer similar problems to a degree, give everyone a perspective, etc. So here's how I figure it:

Rate 1 if you're lonely and... are in a relationship, have been in a relationship; are sociable with lots of friends.

Rate 2 if you're lonely and... have never been in a relationship; are sociable with lots of friends.

Rate 3 if you're lonely and... have never been in a relationship; are sociable but have very few friends.

Rate 4 if you're lonely and... have never been in a relationship; are not sociable at all; have only friends online and/or family.

Rate 5 if you're lonely and... are completely alone. No family, friends or relationships.

Rate 6 if you're lonely and... wish to stay that way.

Sorry if this is confusing. And sorry if this insults anyone. Myself, I'm a 4. Humor me and give it a shot. :)

I don't fall into any of those. I have been in relationships, but not in one currently and haven't been in a long time. I'm not very sociable publicly, around people I know or in my comfort zone I can be very sociable. I do have friends, don't talk to many of them on a regular basis because our lives are so different now. Where I live I have no friends really, just people I've worked with but then there's a big age gap so we don't hang out together.

I fall between the cracks as well. I have no family, I do have friends, I have had relationships but don't have one now.

I think most people will have had a relationship which failed and lonely so might need another option ;)

I suppose #3 or #4. I may be sociable as in "interested in socailizing and having friends", but i have some barriers. Probably those are having low self-esteem, not being used to going out or socialize much, and i have few topics i can (or feel like) to talk about.

Huh.. well, I am in a relationship, but otherwise it is like "5", no family or friends or any such thing

I'm none of the above lol.

Never been in a relationship, zero friends, all I have is my family.

Pezza said:
Ak5 said:

What about our relationship!!? Paris Phil!! Paris!!

That doesn't count!

It was just a quick thing, no feelings involved. Sorry. :p

Ak5 said:
Pezza said:
Ak5 said:

What about our relationship!!? Paris Phil!! Paris!!

That doesn't count!

It was just a quick thing, no feelings involved. Sorry. :p

I'm sorry I was so quick, but the sight of your white buttocks drove me wild.

I'd kinda be a 3, I am sociable at times (when I'm in a good mood, or drunk) I have lots of acquaintances, and people I can tag along with to go out, but not really friends. And I've had (physical) relationships.

Im between 3 and 4, I have problems being sociable, but I still like talking to people, and I have next to no real friends or family

I'm a 1 and a 3? I don't really fit. I'm in a relationship but have very few to next to no real friends.

You didn't describe me.

There was no choice for lonely, in a relationship, with no friends. LOL

Not saying that's what I am, but it would be closest.

We all get lonely when we are alone from time to time.

And I don't have friends by design.

They tend to be a massive liability - situationally, financially, emotionally.

I fit option 3 the most. The time I spent with a person in the past has not been defined to me really as a relationship (moreso a friend than anything). I also have only a few cluster of active friends, albeit this is by my own choosing as I feel awkward in social settings to a degree and sometimes prefer time to myself. I also lack confidence and when I do try to be bold I sometimes wonder if this is just a facade (I'm only genuinely confident in a work environment and for work purposes only).

I do get lonely very often and seem to think periodically that I missed the boat to romance, but then sometimes I try to break out of this mindset and try again.

I fit option 3 the best. I have never been in a relationship, but am somewhat sociable and have a few close friends.

I’m a 5 though I'm quite sociable (I just suck at making friends) and I’ve had relationships in the past.

Does that make me the most pathetic on here? What prize do I win?

None of the above. It would be a cross between 1 and what would be 4.5

Latest posts

Back