Realizing your lonely...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

It didn't happen until two months ago or so...and I'm not sure how it hit me, but I realized how desperately lonely I am. I realized I have no close friends whatsoever; I go to school, and when I'm home, I'm constantly alone. It seems as if I coped with it better before I realized my loneliness, as if the realization is a great burden. Well, they say ignorance is bliss, and I guess there's no exception when it comes to being ignorant about your own loneliness...

When did you all realize your loneliness and how has it changed your life? It's been a constant downhill trek for me...

It started to hit me about just over 2 years ago as I was no longer a teen, so it hit me that I've never been in a relationship before. I ended up having a failed long distance relationship, which made me suicidal for quite some time and it was not too long after that, that I lost a lot of my closest friends without gaining new ones. Then it would come to my attention that I've been missing a lot of good concerts here because I didn't feel secure enough to go to any alone and I'd also start to rely on buying things to temporarily treat my loneliness.

I guess I realised I was lonely about a year or so ago, my closest friend whom I have spent the last 20yrs with got herself more friends and a boyfriend and I kinda got put to one side a bit.  It then hit me without her I have no-one close in my life, no partner or any other friends that live close enough to visit.  I have no confidence to go out there and find new friends or a boyfriend. I would love someone special in my life but I doubt it will ever happen to me.

I actually felt it directly after graduation, when all my best friends had to leave for work or travel, me also was travelling, and I was trying to put my head in work, only work to feel busy, to run away from loneliness. Although I met lot of people and made some friends, here and there, but not that strong friendship. Then this phase of realization, it came so late, and it hit me strongly.
So we're all in the same boat, let's help each other.

Hi,
I am new here... I just realized before Valentines Day that I am very lonely... I do have great friends... I realized how much I need a counter part. Someone who makes me whole, to spoil and be spoiled by... to dream and grow with... On a day like valentines day.. I feel empty... I always yurn for this person.. but I just realized that I am very empty with out them... I am glad this site is here for us all. Coaching others makes me feel useful... I get to give and recive alot here...

Guest said:
It didn't happen until two months ago or so...and I'm not sure how it hit me, but I realized how desperately lonely I am. I realized I have no close friends whatsoever; I go to school, and when I'm home, I'm constantly alone. It seems as if I coped with it better before I realized my loneliness, as if the realization is a great burden. Well, they say ignorance is bliss, and I guess there's no exception when it comes to being ignorant about your own loneliness...

When did you all realize your loneliness and how has it changed your life? It's been a constant downhill trek for me...
I think that I have always been lonely. There are times when you can pretend that you aren't, but as soon as the crowd leaves, you feel even more lonely that if you had just stayed by yourself.

In highschool, I had the group of friends that everyone would want. We did everything together. I still am friends with all of them. There even was a time when I could call them at three o'clock in the morning just to talk. I can still remember driving out to the middle of no where just to cry because no one really knew me.

I once let one person know me. I fought it for months, but he chased me and before I knew it, he knew more of me than anyone else I know. And just when I thought he knew all of me, he left. Now I don't even want anyone to know me because it obviously isn't good enough. (Yes, I know this is crazy, but everyone of you knows that heart and head don't always say the same thing.)

I am so glad some many other people can type in I AM LONELY and find out that there are so many others that feel the same.

I first realized I was lonely about six months ago. I started looking for new jobs that required relocation. My hopes fell through during X-Mas. I'm still in the same place, but I'm torn on what the best decision is to make for my life. This website helps me say what the people in my life won't listen to. I think I'm lonely for a number of reasons, and I get anxiety over them.

Latest posts

Back