Really bad time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roguewave

Reaction score
The details aren't important but I've been burning some bridges lately. I have isolated myself from my social networking sites where people know me by name and turned my phone off. Wanting to isolate from the people who know me in real life. Been in a really bad place and gotten some help for suicidal feelings but it all boils down to self esteem. I see no value in myself whatsoever.

Basically, I want to know how others get by day to day with these feelings. Like, how you deal with things that take self esteem like jobs, relationships, finishing school, etc. Because I have dealt with it by...not having relationships, not finishing school, and not being able to hold onto jobs well. Basically not functioning.

Good question, hopefully there are some good answers. Don't have one for you myself cause I haven't figured that out yet. Don't know if isolating yourself is a good idea though, unless all these people are negative influences on you. Positive ones I'd want to keep around.

Hey roguewave. *hugs*

I don't feel very good with a few things in my life right now.. there are days I just feel like giving up as well. Days when I wish I could just up and leave where I am because of how people drive me up the wall here. But then I have responsibilities and I'm not one to run away from those.

Sometimes I wonder how I get by with feeling crappy like this every day for a long period of time. Sometimes it's just a matter of not thinking so much about it and just pushing your way through to get through the day. Some days I distract myself a lot with entertainment or things that prevent me from thinking about the negative.. and although at the end of those days I still end up feeling crappy before going to bed, at least most of it wasn't and I just have to get myself to sleep to get that day over and done with.

And repeat. It's a drag.. but you just keep pushing yourself, in hopes that tomorrow will be a better day, or to have some little bit of faith that things in life will be better after all this.

I use distraction a lot too. But sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel, getting nowhere. Usually I'm okay with this, but sometimes it's a bummer.

roguewave said:
I use distraction a lot too. But sometimes I feel like a hamster on a wheel, getting nowhere. Usually I'm okay with this, but sometimes it's a bummer.

^This. I can totally relate. Being a dreamer is all good and well for a while, but once it goes on long enough and you still haven't made any progress in real life, then all you're left with is your hopes and dreams.. and at that point, even doing the simplest things can become very difficult. I'm not sure what the solution is. You could say one needs to "pull the bull by the horns" and get things done, but that is easier for some folks than it is for others.

Batman55 said:
Being a dreamer is all good and well for a while, but once it goes on long enough and you still haven't made any progress in real life, then all you're left with is your hopes and dreams.. and at that point, even doing the simplest things can become very difficult. I'm not sure what the solution is. You could say one needs to "pull the bull by the horns" and get things done, but that is easier for some folks than it is for others.

Yeah, you do have a point too. Some people can actually push themselves while there are some who find it really mentally and physically challenging. Ah, I wish I knew of a better solution or easier ways to deal with this.

Isolating yourself isn't an answer, and will only make you feel worse in the long term. And dreams are great, but spend too long with them and time just passes by, and passes by. .. Just getting through each day, trying your damndest to do your best and making little gains wherever you can might help - and focus on those gains, not the bad stuff.

And you could try this...

I changed jobs many years ago from one programming etc in a small group, to having meetings, and interviews and all that entailed with people. Thought I would never manage it. So I sort of pretended confidence, all that. And after a while, what do you know ... Sometimes I still wanted to be sick before a difficult meeting, but less an less... And one day I was that confident person - the pretence had become reality.

Latest posts

Back