Regarding a second chat room thread!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin said:
Steel said:
It is a difficult decision. In this case, I believe that the thread in question would have just spawned another one (in some ways it did this one, although I accept this thread is nothing like the other one).

Seems a little lazy to be honest. If another thread starts, You could lock that one too. Another one, lock lock lock. I'm not sure how the topic looked like from everyone's point of view since i was a big part of it, but every discussion has a limit. The only way to make people in a heated discussion listen is to force them to, and for example like Sanal said, take it in PMs. I'm not saying You did anything wrong, but Sanal seemed to be pointing out that what was going on, by actively trying to get someone to lock that thread. As an admin, of any community, everything bad that happens is ultimate gonna be blamed on You if it's not taken care of swiftly. Yesterday was just yet another example of inactivity from the people who should be the most active. What the banned member did was a total holocaust, and i thank god for Nal's sister pulling the plug. But, it could have been done much, much sooner.

You can't force people to listen. What the hell don't you understand about that? Geezoo willickers.... Forcing isn't fair or right either. You can't force people to listen or to be active. It's not up to you. It's up to them.

VanillaCreme said:
You can't force people to listen. What the hell don't you understand about that? Geezoo willickers.... Forcing isn't fair or right either. You can't force people to listen or to be active. It's not up to you. It's up to them.

Yes You can. It's actually very easy, when You've got the tools to do so. Tools that You for example have.

Forcing those who are hurting others is not unfair. People who hurt in real life are put in prison. Shouldn't people who hurt others online at least be stopped? Be taught a lesson so they stop? So they perhaps can return being mature next time?

Anger isn't supposed to be directed towards other people. THAT is unfair!

Robin said:
Steel said:
It is a difficult decision. In this case, I believe that the thread in question would have just spawned another one (in some ways it did this one, although I accept this thread is nothing like the other one).

Seems a little lazy to be honest. If another thread starts, You could lock that one too. Another one, lock lock lock. I'm not sure how the topic looked like from everyone's point of view since i was a big part of it, but every discussion has a limit. The only way to make people in a heated discussion listen is to force them to, and for example like Sanal said, take it in PMs. I'm not saying You did anything wrong, but Sanal seemed to be pointing out that what was going on, by actively trying to get someone to lock that thread. As an admin, of any community, everything bad that happens is ultimate gonna be blamed on You if it's not taken care of swiftly. Yesterday was just yet another example of inactivity from the people who should be the most active. What the banned member did was a total holocaust, and i thank god for Nal's sister pulling the plug. But, it could have been done much, much sooner.

Total holocaust? Wow, I think there may be an element of exaggeration in that.

Of course, I do remember what having you as a moderator on this site was like. I think it has always given me a clear idea about how not to treat people.

Robin said:
VanillaCreme said:

Yes You can. It's actually very easy, when You've got the tools to do so. Tools that You for example have.

Forcing those who are hurting others is not unfair. People who hurt in real life are put in prison. Shouldn't people who hurt others online at least be stopped? Be taught a lesson so they stop? So they perhaps can return being mature next time?

Anger isn't supposed to be directed towards other people. THAT is unfair!

You can't. Kicking/banning people doesn't mean they'll stop. And it doesn't mean they'll stop being who they are. They'll go somewhere else and do it. Which is what people should do if they don't like it somewhere anyway... Go somewhere else. You can't expect people to fit into your mold.

Anger is supposed to be directed to who? The wall? A pretzel? If you have a problem with someone, you have a right to be upset or pissed off. And it's not fair of you to expect people not to be angry. They can express themselves however they want.

I recently left one site because I didn't like how snappy they all were towards each other. I didn't really post much to begin with, but I felt like I didn't really want to post anything. I wasn't scared, but I saw how they were towards each other. Nothing I ever posted was a problem though. But I didn't throw a fit, and I didn't throw a tantrum. I left. I didn't try to change everyone. I simply left. That's a basic solution to problems. Not trying to change how everyone acts.

And just for the record, since you seem to think Admin and Mods are lazy... There was a person or two in chat who was completely out of line, one of which constantly received warnings from us... They were dealt with accordingly.

VanillaCreme said:
And just for the record, since you seem to think Admin and Mods are lazy... There was a person or two in chat who was completely out of line, one of which constantly received warnings from us... They were dealt with accordingly.

Well nice work. I hope that You guys keep that up for the sake of the people soon to be acquainted with the chat-room and all of those things that they agreed to when they registered... When someone signs a code of conduct, i bet they presume other members to behave accordingly, and dealt with otherwise. That's how the world works, elsewhere. Try and log out and enter the registration page again, and You'll see how much that actually is going on here that is against the rules.

Maybe it's about time that the rules are adjusted to more of a day-care level, so that aspiring loners actually don't get as disappointed?

Robin said:
VanillaCreme said:

Well nice work. I hope that You guys keep that up for the sake of the people soon to be acquainted with the chat-room and all of those things that they agreed to when they registered... When someone signs a code of conduct, i bet they presume other members to behave accordingly, and dealt with otherwise. That's how the world works, elsewhere.

Not every place is the same. And that's what I've been trying to tell you. "That's how the world works, elsewhere." Go to those "elsewhere"s in the world. You'll see some are a lot more "out of control" "harsh" and "unfair" than here. Funny how you so swiftly paid attention to the strict thing I said, but never really answered anything I've said.

and ur all still arguing...from what I remember there never use to be arguments like this in the forums..people who had an issue with each other sorted it out between themselves in P.M. I thought starting this thread might help people see what ALL has become and stop the bickering..no such luck. I'd just like to say thankyou to a few people before I disable my account. Thankyou Robin..you were the first person I met here..thankyou Gem, Ekstra, J and NM you guys made me fall in love with this place. Thankyou Bluey for always listening, Thankyou Sanal for being a treu friend always and thankyou Drake for always trying. I don't like it here anymore..theres too much drama in real life..this use to b like safe haven...oh well..eveything changes. Take care every1 xx

VanillaCreme said:
Funny how you so swiftly paid attention to the strict thing I said, but never really answered anything I've said.

Sigh.

Not very popular changes, it seems.

Let's see how much longer it takes for people to see what the real problem is with this community, before half of them leaves, and this becomes "An Insensitive Life"

Robin said:
Not very popular changes, it seems.

Let's see how much longer it takes for people to see what the real problem is with this community, before half of them leaves, and this becomes "An Insensitive Life"

Robin, talking of name changes.. why did you change the name of the old chatroom to the hateful community?

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Does everyone like my post above? IRRITATING ISN'T IT? At least it's irritating to me.

Dude. Robin you are more guilty of much of this BS then many people.

Robin. AGREE TO DISAGREE AND JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!

At some point people. You need to realize you made your point and stop. People will either agree or disagree. YOU CAN'T FORCE ANYTHING ON ANYONE!

Steel said:
Robin, talking of name changes.. why did you change the name of the old chatroom to the hateful community?

Because that was very fitting for the people using that chat-room at that time.

Would it be possible to have a sub section of the forum set up for people to disagre in that is off the beaten path of the rest of the forum? And that arguments are not allowed to go very far outside of this?

Skorian said:
Would it be possible to have a sub section of the forum set up for people to disagre in that is off the beaten path of the rest of the forum? And that arguments are not allowed to go very far outside of this?

This idea has merit, Skorian. The thread could easily be moved by a moderator if needed.

I am going to respect the wishes of several members of this community, and lock these threads. While there is plenty more I could say... I feel there comes a point when enough is enough.

Several things have become apparent, and that is that certain changes do need to be made. I am currently in discussion with the other mods to this effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back