Regret

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyluvsfilms

Reaction score
The pain of a failed marriage, no children and loneliness is so hard sometimes that only punching yourself in the face seems to help.

Hello andyluvsfilms. You sound as though you are going through such a rough time. Punching yourself in the face would only add to your pain. It's at bad times like this that you need to look after yourself and treat yourself with love and concern.
This is easier said than done though. For me, the pain of never having been married, no children and loneliness makes me wish I could die, so I know where you are coming from. It seems that so many people take for granted their good fortune in having a good marriage and children-I would be thanking God every day if I had these things and probably you would be, too.

if, if's and but's were candies and nuts, we would all have a wonderful Christmas.
meaning, you can't concern yourself or spend much thought on things that are behind you.
sorrow for regrets never helps anyone do anything.
spend time working on things ahead of you, that you CAN actually change rather than things behind you that are now out of your control.

Feeling somewhat better now, i have been more emotionally affected by my failed marriage over the last 12 months than the previous 5 years combined, i was not expecting this to happen, it was supposed to get easier.

It will Andy,

Sometimes these things come back to hurt us when we least expect it. I still think back to things from when I was in school which make me numb for weeks, but you've just got to move on. Don't regret the past, but improve the future.

Only you can make the future less regrettable (if that makes sense)

I've never been married or anything serious but I hope you have the strength inside to move on. It's hard to accept change sometimes but if you can focus on something in life then try it. I've always tried to bounce back from things and it's a long ol' slog! but worth it.

As for punching yaself, may I suggest a punchbag or one of those kebab shop game things lol there's one near where I used to live

Sometimes a trigger can cause you to dwell like that, I have experience of this too. If you can get over it, or back to how you felt before it then it'll make you a stronger person, mentally. From the sounds of it 'punching yourself in the face' seems like a release, there are many other ways to find a release that don't involve punishing yourself, you ARE human after all.

These guys are right Andy. If it doesn't kill you, it'll make you stronger. Just learn from your past and focus on the future :)

Latest posts

Back