Regrets

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gutted

Reaction score
I assume that most of us have them. They could just be small things. Or they could be massive.

I wonder. What regrets do you have?
Would you say that you have learned from these regrets?

I tend not to regret much it seems. I can't easily think of anything that I have done, that I really could have done differently, without it being very unlike me. I might regret not doing as well in school as I possibly could have though. I might also regret leaving college rather then staying and trying to pass the course I was on. I think that had I done both of those, I could be far better off financially now. Financial issues are not cool. Even if you're used to them and have lived your entire life with them. On a good note though, I know I don't need money to be happy~ (Although it would make me quite happy to have money lol)

I,too don't regret alot of stuff. But I do regret a few things that I wish I had done differently.Thing is,I regret things,feel very guilty over them and that guilt is ruining my life to the point where I sometimes feel unworthy of life.I wanted something so bad and when I got to that thing,I realised I messed up my life even more to get it and also realised that it doesn't mean anything at all. Actually,regret (and extreme feeling of guilt) have been the turning point in my life.It was both my curse and my salvation.If I hadn't regretted things,I wouldn't have snapped out of it and would have continued deeper down the shallow path of life,not caring,not doing anything for anyone,wanting everything for myself. It was regret that changed me and continues to push me to be a better person. I don't know if that is healthy or not...but I know I'm changed forever. Sorry if I've gone a little bit off topic lol :p

As for normal regrets..yes, I regret for example letting go of my one true love and I think about him every single day of my life...

I regret "turning it down" throughout my life because of being the nice guy, wanting to be friends first to make things stronger, etc does NOT work - rose colored glasses of how the world should work in relationships have been shattered for a while now - i had the stupid idea of becoming friends, best friends, and one day both of us waking up and thinking "i can not live the rest of my life without you" was really stupid on my part - giving 100% does not work either - what an idiot i have been all of my life.

I regret stop chatting with someone who I'm sure was about to become a great friend.

I regret not working hard enough to keep certain realtionships.

I regret not sizing up people correctly in the past.

I regret not telling my grandma that I loved her when she was at the hospital.

Yep, many regrets, but it's ok... I was a n00b in life...

I regret being a bad friend/cousin and forgetting peoples birthday. That little notice in the top right corner of facebook does nothing to help remind me. :/ I've missed 4 of them and some I know which month just not days, I'm bad with remembering that. Oh wait, might be 5 people...I have a relative with a birthday either this month or next...

Awww! Thank you for your comments everyone! I hope that your regrets don't bother you too much! There is still time to make up for most things you regret in life. I hope you are all happy still~

Gutted said:
Awww! Thank you for your comments everyone! I hope that your regrets don't bother you too much! There is still time to make up for most things you regret in life. I hope you are all happy still~
That's kind of you to say.:)

Latest posts

Back