"Resident Evil"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey fellow gamers.:)

Has anyone here played "Resident Evil 4"? What about "Resident Evil 5"? I'm just curious to know how you compare the two. Your likes and dislikes about each. Were you disappointed or surprised at any aspects of the two?

Thanks for viewing.:)

I've played both. Resident Evil 4 is the superior game of the two in my opinion. RE5 added co-op to the mix, which took whatever little survival horror was left in the series and just went all action. It's still a fun game, especially if you play it with someone, but it just lacked the prowess of RE4. I loved RE4 when it came out. The story, the gameplay, the atmosphere were just all brilliantly executed. So when the teaser trailer for RE5 was revealed I got extremely excited. I waited and waited, and when it finally came out, I was pretty disappointed. The story is pretty bad, Wesker is a great bad guy, but the rest of the narrative was pretty lacking in comparison to RE4. I did have a bit of fun playing through the game with my brother, but it just lacked some crucial things to turn it from a good game to a great game.

That said, I'm a massive fan of the series, and I'm very much looking forward to RE6. Seeing as the protagonist from RE4, Leon S. Kennedy, is back, I'm very excited indeed. The two trailers released so far are promising, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it can be the true successor to one of my favourite games of the last generation. Here's hoping!

after resident evil 3 i didnt like the more "actiony" direction the series went. resident evil 4 was still a good game in terms of gameplay and the story was different, but still good. but i prefer survival/horror over action. resident evil 5 was ok, but the same goes for that one too. ill probably play resident evil 6 when it comes out, but im in no rush to do so.

I played RE 2/3/4 but not 5. I seem to recall RE4 as...idk maybe a little cheesy here and there, not that creepy really. It didn't feel like a survival horror for me. Oh but what I actually liked is that it had a sort of a Mercenaries spinoff from RE3, where you're thrown in different locations and have to face growing numbers of more and more powerful enemies until you're eventually outnumbered and die like a hero. Kind of arcadish, but it's fun nonetheles. of course that's a bonus gameplay mode you get after completing the main story, which is mostly cool to play but can get tedious at times.

Rigel said:
I played RE 2/3/4 but not 5. I seem to recall RE4 as...idk maybe a little cheesy here and there, not that creepy really. It didn't feel like a survival horror for me. Oh but what I actually liked is that it had a sort of a Mercenaries spinoff from RE3, where you're thrown in different locations and have to face growing numbers of more and more powerful enemies until you're eventually outnumbered and die like a hero. Kind of arcadish, but it's fun nonetheles. of course that's a bonus gameplay mode you get after completing the main story, which is mostly cool to play but can get tedious at times.
I never completed "RE 3" but I remember how many times I almost jumped out of my seat when that big ****** popped in out of nowhere. Man was he a tool.

Latest posts

Back