Restless soul

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Restless Soul. I don't know if you're still feeling the same way now as you were when this thread started, but if you are then I wanted to say a few things. First of all, as a rule, it seems that women really dislike it when a guy acts in a way that seems needy, clingy, desperate, or insecure. It seems to be one of the worst turnoffs a guy can do.

Secondly, I feel for you on this. It's hard and sad. At the same time, it's frustrating because when you try to talk about this problem, almost no one seems to care. It's almost like they're trying to salt your wounds, telling you things like "just move on" as if it's that easy, that everyone's all the same, that anyone will do and no one's special. Or worse, that you should give up on romance entirely. I really hate thone phrases and attitudes, because they dismiss your feelings. They make no attempt to empathize.

Maybe there really isn't anything you can do. But it doesn't make it any less painful. I just wanted to say I understand.

Telling someone to get over romance isn't dismissing their feelings, it's informing them of the rational choice.

Romance isn't real, get over it and move on.

Menorahman said:
Telling someone to get over romance isn't dismissing their feelings, it's informing them of the rational choice.

Romance isn't real, get over it and move on.

I think that is defeatist.  I don't know about Restless Soul's case, but for me defeatism was a big part of what got me in this mess.  it sure won't get me out.  

Besides, plenty of people seem to enjoy romance.  it is very real.  and I don't think telling someone to give up and resign themselves to misery is helpful.

Latest posts

Back