Risk to Reward Journal 2016

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alone By Faults

Reaction score
Happy Days to All

My online journal for 2016. It is no fun to just post in the diary section where no one can reply. Thick enough skin these days. Little risk in this and the reward for myself in personal satisfaction and growth is great.

So getting to the theme of 2016. 2015 featured more bad decisions to good. Truth is that I like myself now. I do not want to do things to make my life harder anymore. To this extent, I would rather be alone than with people that are no good for me. I will work harder to respect myself and to look for people that can respect me through my behavior.

So here is a list of items that either have a high or low risk to reward ratio.

High
  • Ted Talks. Free Wisdom in areas that I need it in
  • Christian Podcasts. Not supposed to talk religion here and I wont other than to say for me it works
  • new relationships that are at most friends

Low
  • Former Business Client. No reason to contact again. Rather do without most things than demean myself
  • Ex relationship. 2015 was scorched earth from her. I hung onto hope for her too long. No Contact as there is no scenario left where I would seek out or reply to her
  • forum postings other than here. Here helps me. The others dance around boredom. I can improve my time management instead of killing it

Why wait for 2016? I am here and this journey can be seen by those who want to.

Good fortune to all and bless you

Hopefully all the changes and improvements work out for the better for you. Very impressed that you've identified alot of issues and plan to fix them. Thats the only way forward

I had forgotten about this http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=33858&page=2

Decision was right but no contact seemed so weak to implement. A coldness that I would not want to inflict onto another.

Know what though....there was a major stage in my life around 15 years ago. A professional said to do this and I told her no way as it would have shook up my world.....Ended up that she was right....

This is how I am going to just trust no contact...even after all this time the games that some will play.

I will heed to the advise of those that know better.

Getting through work today. Interactions with the public brings many rewards. My heart still remains broken and I cant see it fully mending. I am okay with a future alone but the pain still comes in waves at times.

Latest posts

Back