Roll Call: How Many People here are over 30 or 40?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36...and still get asked for ID when I buy cigarrettes or alcohol. 

The last time I looked like crap, I asked the guy like really? and he was well you have to be over 21, at least made me smile a bit. He thought I was at least 15 years younger than I am.

mauthecat said:
36...and still get asked for ID when I buy cigarrettes or alcohol

The last time I looked like crap, I asked the guy like really? and he was well you have to be over 21, at least made me smile a bit. He thought I was at least 15 years younger than I am.

So do I! isn't it great? I know it's not gonna last much longer though... we better enjoy it while we can!!

rw80 said:
mauthecat said:
36...and still get asked for ID when I buy cigarrettes or alcohol

So do I! isn't it great? I know it's not gonna last much longer though... we better enjoy it while we can!!

If you are in America, you know they are supposed to ask for ID on everyone that looks younger than 40, right?  lol

I am glad this question was asked because, after browsing quite a few threads, it struck me that most people posting here seem to be at the beginning of their adult lives; and while the pain of loneliness knows no age, experience tells me that communication on this subject can be somewhat impaired when there is a lifetime's worth of age difference.
Anyway, I am over 50 (which is to say, the right side of fifty). It shouldn't matter one way or the other, but to many people it does, especially if they don't actually see the other person and rely on their own preconceived images of any given age.

45+ is probably less likely for multiple reasons but the biggest might be because of the lack of understanding and not being fully aware of the social potentials of the internet. The idea or even the existence of an online forum might not even be known.

Huh? You do realise that it was people now in their EIGHTIES who invented the internet, in the first place, and that forums (or fora, whatever) have been around for 20+years - which means that people over 40 and 50 would have been in their 20s and 30s, respectively, when the internet became commonplace?

It's just speculation, of course, but I suspect that the reason for "older" people not posting so much is precisely the expected (rightly or wrongly) potential life experience-related communication gap mentioned above.

Latest posts

Back