Romance?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RobertJW said:
Used to love romance........now I'm pretty certain I'll never experience it again

I can relate. Making a girl feel like she's the only one in the world was one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done...if not THE most enjoyable thing in my life.

If I never get to do that again, I'll be a very sad person...every year that I spend alone I get just a little more afraid of my future.

JustLost said:
every year that I spend alone I get just a little more afraid of my future.

That I understand. Is one of the best ways I have seen that described.

Incognita said:
RobertJW said:
Incognita said:
RobertJW said:
No chance.

I am divorced now...been trying to get her to take me back for over a year, no good.

She even deletes her email accounts so I cant write to her.

what happened......???

im so nosy getting into JustLost's business also.... :((((

After about 4 years of deteriorating relationship, I left her for a girl in USA. Spent 3 months in the States......only I realised I'd made a mistake after 2 weeks. Missed my children badly, and tried to get another chance with my wife.
Her emails seemed encouraging but she shut me out totally when I got back to England.
I should have worked harder at my marriage instead of taking the easy way out.......heh, its nothing like easy in reality. I am paying a heavy price.

sad...sorry to hear that...maybe u should get together with her over lunch or dinner, face to face...and tell her how sorry u are and stuff.Cause this isn't e-mail stuff at all.But u know, some ppl don't forgive cheating...

what kind of nagging u couldn't bear anymore?

Always complaining that the housework wasnt good enough (I was the stay at home part of the marriage), that I was on the PC too much, that I drank too much, that I swore too much,that I spent too much, in fact virtually anything. Some of it might have been true but not all. Plus the sex life had gone from being fantastic to non existent.

Anyway, I have tried face to face......also emails, phone calls, letters, cards, presents, flowers, everything.

All no good:(

RobertJW said:
Always complaining that the housework wasnt good enough (I was the stay at home part of the marriage), that I was on the PC too much, that I drank too much, that I swore too much,that I spent too much, in fact virtually anything. Some of it might have been true but not all. Plus the sex life had gone from being fantastic to non existent.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be...People abuse this statement but sometimes things do happen for a reason...even if we can't presently see what that reason is. Perhaps it's fate making room for someone new to enter your life.

I wish fate would drop in on me.

Hijacc said:
Who prefers it and who doesnt
I do myself :D couldnt live without it

Romance is always great :) I look forward to having it again when I am able. Right now I'm so busy with my life I don't have time for anyone. It is also lonely because when I do have that few hours a day- I spend it alone usually. So glad I found this forum. It's a great way to spend an hour and not feel so alone. It's nice to have contact with people in whatever form that may be. :p

RobertJW said:
.also emails, phone calls, letters, cards, presents, flowers, everything.

All no good:(

daaamnnn....shes is really hurt and pissed... :(((

i dont think that even beging on ur knees would have worked.....

sorry to tell u

i think its over :(

try to move on....
Do u still see ur kids?

I see two of them, I still take them to school.

And they will stay over at mine once a week or once a fortnight.

Its not much but its all I have right now

When you woo a woman with words, you are lost, for she will find you are not as perfect as the letters you form.

zraskolnikov said:
When you woo a woman with words, you are lost, for she will find you are not as perfect as the letters you form.

wow, that's really interesting. I'll have to remember that.

zraskolnikov said:

What about heiroglyphics? morse code?

You don't actually expect me to stand there and talk to them do you? That's a sure fire way to scare them off.

^^ so funny. If you made marks in the sand, I think I would be just as freaked lol. Let's play charades. not my idea of the best first date hehe.
I'd havta vote for candlelight dinner, flowers and food made the guy I'm on the date with. I gotta know if he can cook as good as I do lol.

Irishdoll said:
^^ so funny. If you made marks in the sand, I think I would be just as freaked lol. Let's play charades. not my idea of the best first date hehe.

No, but it would stave off the inevitable confusion that begins when I open my big fat mouth and say something stupid. ;)

Irishdoll said:
I'd havta vote for candlelight dinner, flowers and food made the guy I'm on the date with. I gotta know if he can cook as good as I do lol.

This is actually something I can do. You don't live alone for as long as I have and not learn something about cooking.

Yes ladies, I WILL feed you!

No Skapunk. I was just referring to the hieroglyphic remark. I would have to hear what my guy sounds like. To me, a man's voice can be just as attractive and romantic to me as his appearance. Silence can be a blessing, but so can the spoken word.

LOL JustLost. Great whip up something good. A heck of a Southern dish. I'll be right over :p

Irishdoll said:
LOL JustLost. Great whip up something good. A heck of a Southern dish. I'll be right over :p

I should probably get some groceries first.

It's roughly 550 miles from your house to mine, so you might want to get started. :)

Latest posts

Back