Sad music :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indifferent said:
Nirvana were the bridge band that got me diving into Punk where I found a voice for saying what's true to yourself. They helped change my life. Kurt Cobain and his guitar are the perfect combination of all the textures and feelings I find in the music where we both found ourselves.

That's how I felt about Rancid. Listening to them awoke confidence in me for the first time. After listening to them, idk, I still thought of myself as a nice guy, albeit one who would not take crap from anyone anymore. And it gave me the confidence to be true to myself as well, completely honest about my likes and dislikes, and just made me feel like putting myself out there and speaking up more.

They can be angry and political sometimes, but they can also be introspective, happy, and celebratory too. And they have a special place with me, because of nostalgia like Painter's Radio said.

TheSkaFish said:
That's how I felt about Rancid. Listening to them awoke confidence in me for the first time. After listening to them, idk, I still thought of myself as a nice guy, albeit one who would not take crap from anyone anymore. And it gave me the confidence to be true to myself as well, completely honest about my likes and dislikes, and just made me feel like putting myself out there and speaking up more.

I have Rancid's discography on my computer but I never go through it...

I'm glad that happens to other people too. It's a benefiting experience and interesting perspective to have. Also shows that you really listen to what music says and whether you're participating enough to agree or not agree with what's being said.

I forget about Laura Stevenson sometimes but she's fairly sad and sweet.

[video=youtube]

TheSkaFish said:
Indifferent said:
Nirvana were the bridge band that got me diving into Punk where I found a voice for saying what's true to yourself. They helped change my life. Kurt Cobain and his guitar are the perfect combination of all the textures and feelings I find in the music where we both found ourselves.

They can be angry and political sometimes, but they can also be introspective, happy, and celebratory too. And they have a special place with me, because of nostalgia like Painter's Radio said.

It's kind of cool that certain music and bands can do that to people. I've had similar experiences with the band Streetlight Manifesto. Their music has helped me out a lot over the past couple of years. Plus once I found them I've been stuck listening to this genre.

[video=youtube]

Indifferent said:
I have Rancid's discography on my computer but I never go through it...

I'm glad that happens to other people too. It's a benefiting experience and interesting perspective to have. Also shows that you really listen to what music says and whether you're participating enough to agree or not agree with what's being said.

You should check it out sometime. I know you said you prefer softer sounds and Rancid are kind of "tough", but it's not dumb tough. Like I said, after listening to Rancid, it woke up my courage to be my real self. I like their "the world might knock me down, but it won't keep me down" attitude.

I find that it benefits too. But on the flip side, I now can only really listen to bands that I agree with! I'm finding a lot of the stuff I used to identify with, I don't really identify with anymore. I have a couple band stickers on my guitar, they're fairly big and both from bands I don't listen to anymore because I stopped identifying with them. One was a local band that I used to see, but stopped listening to because they were too political. The other is NOFX, which I used to like but again, I feel they've gotten too political and are too cynical - punks can see the bright side of life, too!

Old band stickers on a guitar from bands that I don't listen to anymore - signifying a change in my tastes and a change in myself. I think that's kind of a cool metaphor, actually. I think it's a good song idea...ugh, if only I could think in a poetic/songwriting state!

kamya said:
It's kind of cool that certain music and bands can do that to people. I've had similar experiences with the band Streetlight Manifesto. Their music has helped me out a lot over the past couple of years. Plus once I found them I've been stuck listening to this genre.

I hear that. I love the feeling of discovering new songs that I know after one listen that they're going to be new favorites, and that I have a new discography to dive into. It feels like I'm going on a trip to a new place.

I'd love to write something someday that gives someone the chills, gives someone that same excited, tingling feeling where they replay the song all day. I did that again today with Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger".

I listen to almost anything by Seether, but especially Breakdown (written in rehab about his ex, the lead singer of Evanescence) It's more of an angry sad, but it's great to sing along with to feel better...

I been through heartbreaks to break-ups to make-ups to broke again
Not Back Again, my soul on the rope again
Took the jacket off and saw blood on my sleeves
When you wear your heart there, this the puddle it leaves
It's the rebuttal of thieves
and chicks or crooks like you, so what'll it be?
She steal your heart, now she runnin the streets
Don't need the pain, man, troublin' me

Artist: Evidence
Album: Cats & Dogs
Song: I Don't Need Love

[video=youtube]

painter said:

LOOVE that track!

[video=youtube]

misanthropicparty said:
I know a lot of sad songs but this one's my favorite.
I love this song too lol. Medicine is also a great sad song!

[video=youtube]

Couldn't just pick one!

Latest posts

Back