Sad , single , no friends or family . Happy new year :/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harmonyrose

Reaction score
This time of year always sucks , what sucks more is when you look around everyone seems to have there close knit friends , plans for NYE ect and I’m just here wondering if I want brownies or red velvet after dinner . I believe I’m so comfortable and content with my loneliness as I’ve always been alone but there is a part of me that makes me feel extremely isolated. I don’t get invites out , dating is a myth there is literally nothing exciting about my life .

Hello Harmony 🙂 here, where I live, it is tough times with this pandemic. With the few people I know, we are hesitant in gathering for NYE. Looking like I too will be spending quite time at home 🏠 for NYE 🎉 perhaps doing a puzzle 🧩since the world junior hockey 🏒 is now cancelled 😢.

This time of year always sucks , what sucks more is when you look around everyone seems to have there close knit friends , plans for NYE ect and I’m just here wondering if I want brownies or red velvet after dinner . I believe I’m so comfortable and content with my loneliness as I’ve always been alone but there is a part of me that makes me feel extremely isolated. I don’t get invites out , dating is a myth there is literally nothing exciting about my life .
It could be worse, you could be called Keith, or work for the government. Go brownies and cake for dinner.

We have a lot in common, Harmonyrose. I've been alone for a lot of years and I think I'm used to it, but it's tantalizing during the holiday season to see lots of other people enjoying their parties. There's nothing exciting about my life either....but there are a few activities that have meaning and purpose. That may be as good as it gets for me.
As to isolation, there are always online forums........

If it’s any consolation you can be married and still feel completely alone and isolated. Holidays are depressing for me too.

I am glad you got around to posting. Holidays can sure bring on that feeling of isolation. Maybe I am lucky in that I will be working new years eve and so I won't be reminded that I am not doing anything.

I will second the idea of brownies.

"Exciting" is a relative term. I often find reading a great book all by myself far more exciting than half of the social things that I take part in. Though I don't take part in too many social things, either. But I get it, isolation can get to a person after a while, good books or no. It's best to know that you're not alone in this and that the wrong friendships can sometimes feel as stifling as isolation. Hang in there and let us know how it goes.

I'm leaning more towards the red velvet...

If it’s any consolation you can be married and still feel completely alone and isolated. Holidays are depressing for me too.
Same. I absolutely despise Christmas holiday. And every holiday that my parents ruined for me, bullying, and demeaning words. My dad has been dead 11 years, my mom 8, after the kids went to college I stopped decorating. Yet every holiday, my so depressed and want to die.if not for my dogs, not my husband I’d have left years ago. You don’t have to be alone to feel lonely..

Isolation to most people observing from a distance seem weird, but it forces you to be comfortable with self , I have lived isolated and got comfortable to a point, but after I started socializing and seeing people socialize, I realize I was missing out on a lot ( I saw how they view me in isolation) .I think we are made to live in harmoney with each other. If you have been isolated for a while just have a good group conversation and see how it feed your soul, we are social beings made to love and I think everyone contributes something to our lives . we need each other.

12+ years totally isolated and I'm fine. o_O I only go out for supplies, usually about twice a month, or when I go on nature trips. No friends, no family, no co-workers, no pets of any kind. I rarely speak to another person. Sometimes when I do talk to someone I have to clear my throat and it feels weird to actually speak. I don't like it. I usually get a headache from it too. I think the socialization part of my brain has shrunk to the size of a grain of rice and that's why it hurts to use it. I never answer my phone and never check my messages. So, please don't call me or come over to my house. I won't answer the door. ;)

Ooops. I posted this in the wrong thread. Oh well, it works here too so I'll leave it. Ha! ha!

Last edited:
I'll tell you about NYE and other holidays. Just another day. I'm in the same situation. No friends, no family. It's only bad for me because it's cold. I also don't celebrate my birthday. Since 8. NYE used to be a big deal when/where i was growing up. The tree had to stay up until dry needles fell off. Then it was time to go. No gifts, just family neighbors friends partying having a good time. Another place another time. Even my neighbors don't celebrate any holidays. Some have families, few have friends. Nobody cares about holidays where i am now. Just another day for me and many others. The only thing for me was different this "holiday" season, which made me very sad to a point that i cried, i have a single female neighbor my age who's also alone, also doesn't celebrate, has family but not exactly her family, has no real friends. I've been nice and helpful to her since the day we started talking, moths ago. She's alone. She knows i'm alone. When we talked and texted, she never invited me to talk, to have tea, or watch a movie, to hang out at her place or anywhere. Never. None of that stuff. She knows i don't have a good life where i am, she knows i have low or no status. She's middle of pay scale, i'm at the bottom. I know she would like company. She has zero empathy. Never gives me time of day. Now doesn't talk to me, completely ignores like i'm invisible garbage. She's been my neighbor almost 19 months. Some things i just can't understand. It makes me feel very bad. But i digress. Back on track, holidays are overrated. We don't do holidays here.

I feel your pain. I am very isolated and the only time my phone rings, it a bill collector. I wonder if I ever cross any ones minds.

Hello Harmony, are things a bit better now, hope you enjoy the rest of this year.

Latest posts

Back