Salutations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primero

Reaction score
Hello.

I am 20 years old, living in northern europe. I have been extremely lucky in life, never struggled with anything. I have had all the opportunities one can ask for. My only hindrance is myself.

I wish I could find purpose and direction in life, I suppose those are the reasons why I feel lonely; everything seems very futile and unneccesary. Don't get me wrong, I am not suicidal, I could never end my own life.
I think the reason as to why I am having problems finding a direction is because of death - doesn't it make finding a purpose in life truly hard?

Once I used to have a friend I felt I could share everything with, I could act as strange as I wanted without feeling ridiculed, but our paths split years ago and I have felt lonely ever since.

I registered at this forum some time ago, but I chose not to do anything else, content with observing. I suddenly felt like I should be selfish and try to see if this community could serve as a substitute for my old friend.

Pardon my gloomy introduction, I was planning to tell you more about me, but I think I will have time for that later.

Primero said:
Hello.

I am 20 years old, living in northern europe. I have been extremely lucky in life, never struggled with anything. I have had all the opportunities one can ask for. My only hindrance is myself.

I wish I could find purpose and direction in life, I suppose those are the reasons why I feel lonely; everything seems very futile and unneccesary. Don't get me wrong, I am not suicidal, I could never end my own life.
I think the reason as to why I am having problems finding a direction is because of death - doesn't it make finding a purpose in life truly hard?

Once I used to have a friend I felt I could share everything with, I could act as strange as I wanted without feeling ridiculed, but our paths split years ago and I have felt lonely ever since.

I registered at this forum some time ago, but I chose not to do anything else, content with observing. I suddenly felt like I should be selfish and try to see if this community could serve as a substitute for my old friend.

Pardon my gloomy introduction, I was planning to tell you more about me, but I think I will have time for that later.

hey.
i can relate to you with the death thing.
it does make anything i try seem pointless indeed.

the only way i found to deal with it is remind myself that while i'm here, i don't have anything better to do than try and fill my time with things. even if it is to take my mind off dying for as long as i can.
which doesn't always work.

eh.

anyway. i hope you will stick around. and i hope you will find not a replacement for your friend, but a new friend/s that will make your life seem more fun.

i know what you mean.

"how can i be lost, if ive got nowhere to go?"

that is a lyric from a metallica song that has really stuck with me as of late. i too feel like i cant find my place in this world. i feel like im lost but at the same time like i have no idea where im going in the first place. ive only ever really had like one best friend at a time and every one of them has left me in one way or another. it seems like people never tend to stick around in life. this is part of why i am lonely.

Latest posts

Back