School

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poueff

Reaction score
I want to make this quick. Really don't want to spend much time on it, since it is of less importance compared to everyone else's problems.

I have no self-esteem problems. None whatsoever. Also no social problems and none of the kind. I am able to be the leader of a group in most situations. Like a couple of months ago I went to the movie with the kids (older than me - I'm 13) of some of my mom's co-workers. They're cool, and we were friends beforehand. Didn't have much contact with them since the only time I'm able to talk to them (in this case, 2 girls and 2 guys, all in the same condition as I am with each other) is in Christmas parties and some summer events of the company. I was the "leader" of the group in that case. Same thing with when I go out to parties that don't involve any of my school "friends", nor have any relation to school.

Cause, in their eyes, my value is plain 0. I don't have a gf in school for a long time for that reason, cause they already know me and, while I'm not friend-zoned to death, I'm nothing at all. When I try to talk to them, I'm either ignored or met by standard answer. They're pretty friendly to each other, and in times also to me, but it's as if I was less than an acquaintance. I'm sure if I entered this year in my class I could be the "leader" (even though I hate using that word) or at least have some value, while everyone else keeps walking around in pairs or doing their own crap, ignoring me.

I hate school in general. No, I'm not bullied, but going there is a waste of time. Most of what they teach is useless (algebra, portuguese as a whole, and a large part of other subjects aswel, while I gotta say, science, geography, chemistry and the such are useful and actually teach us something we may need to know) and recess bores me, my friends barely give a honeysuckle, and I can't be with those that I do like (the ones from the class I was in 6th grade) and that also like me. Not being able to go out without a pre-text planned for 5 weeks and being in the sight of at least 2 adults also hurts it, since I could socialize at night and stuff, with new people. People that don't know me, which is always easier to talk to than to people who walk around with their besties and ignore everyone else.

Having high self-esteem, while valuable, is not necessarily the absolute solution to every social problem. Yes, people do grow cliquish in school, but its entirely possible to break into cliques and if you can attain values which are prized by that particular group, you can also become included.

I'm not sure what else to add. The subjects that you do not find valuable, are in my opinion, essential for life as you will eventually discover. I suppose it helps to have some degree of humility, too, and cogent awareness of the value it is to learn aspects which you may not see the immediate use of now.

Hey, haven't seen you post in awhile, you're 13 now eh. Welcome to the teenage years, you're in for one heck of a ride. You'll have to make the most of what you can, it may get easier once you get into high school, and it might not. Just keep true to yourself, don't get sucked in by all the drama and be someone you are not. Yeah your problem may be less important then what others have right now, but it's not, not to you. This is what you are dealing with so it is important. Why do you feel you have no self-esteem?

It's not cliques. Actually, they would tell you I am part of their group, if they even consider groups in the first place. When they do stuff like last halloween, when they planned a camping trip, they involved me (got scrapped thanks to weather). But I'm always left to wander around alone, and walking in circles in sheer boredom, just waiting for it to end, is a rather bad way to look at school.

Edit: When posting this, I hadn't read Sci-Fi's post (new post screen loaded before his post) so...
Hey, I'm back, I guess. I tried steering away a bit from here, while it may have some great people, I get depressed with some stuff some write, even after I tried posting to cheer them up.
Yep, I've been 13 since May. Thanks, and I know I'll do well when I eventually change school, since my problem is with my current school/class, as I barely have any value in their eyes, imo. Also, I think you've mis-read. I said I had big self-esteem, and that for once, the problem isn't my own, or at least I think it isn't...

Ha, yes I did misread that. You always seemed to have self confidence from your posts, so when I misread that it struck me as weird. Don't mind me, the mind starts to go as you get older.

"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!" - Oh wait I don't have a lawn...

New school will open up a lot of possibilities. Hang in there, explore, just try to have fun no matter how boring it gets. You just might have to look a little harder but fun can be made out of anything. Then you'll become the life of the party.

Tbh, I'd be happy if I was in your position. Just give it time. :p

I feel old lol.

Latest posts

Back