Seems like I have no chance at all...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It only seems like you have no chance. Only "seems". There are chances. You have chances.

You have to make chances happen. You have to be around chances. That's the hard part.

only me said:
Socially_Impaired said:
Heres why
1) I'm Asian (That in itself is a disadvantage, with all the stereotypes and what not
2) The stereotypes actually fit me.. All the BAD ones that is..
3) Being short
4) Being skinny and slender
5) Being geeky and nerdy (I'll admit I am more on that side then anything)
6) Being quiet and shy
7) Having few friends (Why I'm here) <-- Like it or not in this life our social standing counts for something.. I guess its just the dirty truth...
8) Absolutely no confidence in myself
9) Very low-self esteem
10) No backbone
11) Being a nice guy (Yes I admit this too, we all know what they say about nice guys, they finish LAST..)
12) I'm not a very fun or interesting person I'll be honest, I have interests that most people don't have interest in... I've never had much success in making friends much less find a girl (The bottom essentially)
13) I'm a loner
14) I don't have many "redeeming" qualities, not a lot of special things to set me apart from other people, as a result I end up being too "normal" sometimes and thats boring...

Sigh.. people in this world have such high standards theres no way I'm ever gonna find someone like this.
I'm from NYC btw... We have tons of social elites to compete with, no chance... no chance like this...
I'm male btw... college age..

I'm a WASP and I can't see at all why being Asian is a disadvantage. I like Asians. (except for this one chick I work with, but that's another story) Almost everybody has self-esteem issues and I wish you good luck with that one. But as others have said YOU'RE BEING TOO HARD ON YOURSELF.

Good luck to you.
Wait I'm sorry but whats a WASP? =/

i a said:
It only seems like you have no chance. Only "seems". There are chances. You have chances.

You have to make chances happen. You have to be around chances. That's the hard part.
See thats the thing, its like I have so many obstacles that my opportunities are next to nothing, ive gotten to a point where i dont even believe I can find my chances much less make them happen.. I have lost a lot of hope in ever even finding someone... I feel cornered in this aspect.

Socially_Impaired said:
See thats the thing, its like I have so many obstacles that my opportunities are next to nothing, ive gotten to a point where i dont even believe I can find my chances much less make them happen.. I have lost a lot of hope in ever even finding someone... I feel cornered in this aspect.
Same. But we are too passive. We need to be active.

Do you see guys like you succeed? Looking at that list, I'm sure some people like that succeed. Give yourself perspective, look for examples of people like you. That should give you hope.

People like to tell me that there is someone out there for everyone. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, that's complete crap. A social hierarchy does come into play here, and scared, shy and timid people like the OP, myself, and many others on this forum, as sad as it is to say, find themselves in the lower reaches or flat out near the bottom. Chances are that people like us will never find dates, and at somepoint we need to accept this fact.....

S.I., there are many paths to happiness and well being, and not all of the require you to find a soulmate. Fully embrace your nerdly activities and hobbies, try something new to stimulate your mind, focus on career goals, personal ambitions, etc, etc. What I'm basically saying, is that you might be alone, but you don't have to be lonely.

Johnathen Livingston Seagull is my Hero...No wait scrat that..
I M MY HERO...

Cock blocking urself is a major..major crime...U'll suffer the consequemce of it for an entire life time..

Asian helps built this country just like anyother race of people that came to the USA..so whateverr the fresia uneducationed or miss guided honeysuckle you wanna buy into..is your decision to make...Being a geek I presume ur will educated...
As intelligent as u say that u are...what I wanna know is why in the fresia are you so fucken stupid?

fresia that poor me syndrom bullshit..
Everybody makes their own chances. Ur better off encoraging urself than to tear down urself. Its not fucken rocket science...

I remember Michelle taking me home to meet her parents...Straight up they told me they hated me and that they were biggots. The sent fears up and down my spine..Courage is not
without fears....
Will too fucken bad...I marrried her anyways ..fresia them if if they cant take a joke :p She asked me out after tons of pasty face white boys hitted her.hahaaaa
Im her badass guitarman badboy.
She snacth my ass from all the other women that were chasing me.lol

2 chicks messed the living honeysuckle out of me..the first night I set foot in the heart of TeXas...They were drop dead gorgeous. Plenty of biggot rednecks wanted me dead ...I assure u of this.
I got arrested for getting into a bar fight with those ******** becuz..I guess the chick I was banging was some dudes GF.lmao She kissed me but another chick was reteiving her car to take me home with her for the night. 3 babes scream N crying for me .hahaa
Michelle asked me out 2 hours after I got bailed out of jail. After I told myself NO MORE WOMEN.lmao

Code S.O.L said:
People like to tell me that there is someone out there for everyone. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, that's complete crap. A social hierarchy does come into play here, and scared, shy and timid people like the OP, myself, and many others on this forum, as sad as it is to say, find themselves in the lower reaches or flat out near the bottom. Chances are that people like us will never find dates, and at somepoint we need to accept this fact.....

S.I., there are many paths to happiness and well being, and not all of the require you to find a soulmate. Fully embrace your nerdly activities and hobbies, try something new to stimulate your mind, focus on career goals, personal ambitions, etc, etc. What I'm basically saying, is that you might be alone, but you don't have to be lonely.
Perhaps.. but we can always hope..
And yes you make a good point about finding our own happiness.. I guess sometimes its faulty logic to tie our happiness to whether we are with someone or not.

Lonesome Crow said:
Johnathen Livingston Seagull is my Hero...No wait scrat that..
I M MY HERO...

Cock blocking urself is a major..major crime...U'll suffer the consequemce of it for an entire life time..

Asian helps built this country just like anyother race of people that came to the USA..so whateverr the fresia uneducationed or miss guided honeysuckle you wanna buy into..is your decision to make...Being a geek I presume ur will educated...
As intelligent as u say that u are...what I wanna know is why in the fresia are you so fucken stupid?

fresia that poor me syndrom bullshit..
Everybody makes their own chances. Ur better off encoraging urself than to tear down urself. Its not fucken rocket science...

I remember Michelle taking me home to meet her parents...Straight up they told me they hated me and that they were biggots. The sent fears up and down my spine..Courage is not
without fears....
Will too fucken bad...I marrried her anyways ..fresia them if if they cant take a joke :p She asked me out after tons of pasty face white boys hitted her.hahaaaa
Im her badass guitarman badboy.
She snacth my ass from all the other women that were chasing me.lol

2 chicks messed the living honeysuckle out of me..the first night I set foot in the heart of TeXas...They were drop dead gorgeous. Plenty of biggot rednecks wanted me dead ...I assure u of this.
I got arrested for getting into a bar fight with those ******** becuz..I guess the chick I was banging was some dudes GF.lmao She kissed me but another chick was reteiving her car to take me home with her for the night. 3 babes scream N crying for me .hahaa
Michelle asked me out 2 hours after I got bailed out of jail. After I told myself NO MORE WOMEN.lmao

Your right.. it is bad.. its just the experiences I've gone through in life that has made me this way, slowly I've been trying to change that but long ingrained thoughts don't just go away overnight. (I was bullied when I was smaller)

Latest posts

Back