Self esteem tied to looks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloodelf343 said:
I have always thought i was ugly, i never really get any attention from the opposite sex.

Bloodelf343 said:
no i really dont go out of the way to meet girls, afraid of rejection

Well if you're afraid of rejection...aside from not meeting girls; I doubt that you even flirt or talk to many. Is it a surprise that you get no attention?
I used to sit around quietly thinking some guy would notice me, but no - that's not how life works. People don't notice you if you hide from being noticed. The chances of women throwing themselves at you are unlikely - because the average girl would probably be too shy or embarrassed to do that or maybe they're afraid of being rejected by you as well.

oh, I noticed one thing.

Your username says "Bloodelf"... I assume you play World of Warcraft?

I suggest the first thing to get your life back on track (including romantic life) is to quit WoW.... it is toxic and generally turns off girls once they hear you play it (unless they play themselves)

just about everyone I know who play WoW overplays it (even tho a lot of them don't consider 2hr/night every week night as "overplay"). There is a problem when you HAVE TO be online just to play a game

i got the name from Warcraft 3 before Wow came out. I dabble in Wow once in a while when I've got nothing else to do.
And I most certainly do not go around announcing I play wow either.

:) Glad to hear that.

Now, rest assured that there is nothing wrong with your look.... and it's not just nice words from us, it's the truth.

The 2 hours that you can invest in
developing yourself, your
charector, self esteen, physical
stength., educction .charm, charisma.. Social skills ..etc. In real life...not some fictional charector?

Its the same principle in RPG gaming...Only different is in life
life you get off of your ass, take
real actions. Follow your so call
quest/goals...and get what you want for real.
The many challenges and sometime
mondain task. Risk .you too must face
and overcome in real life.
The rewards are real in real life.

The biggest role youll ever play is in your own life....Invest your time, energy and effort, Wisely.

Im not really talking RPG gaming, just gaming in general.

Is it the same if I spend 2 hours reading? watching TV? doing crossword puzzles?

No....sometimes a guy need to veg...
Its a natural process of clearing out
our minds or meditation....
intuitively were all fucken spritual gurus or fucken monks already.

Vedio gaming gives a person that instent gradifications.

Maybe cut down a lttle bit at a time..
Read selfhelp books..follow those suggestion . Read how to be romantic, Read on how to get a woman off. Read about relationships..etc or excercize.

I stay fit...only takes 1/2 hour to
maintain my fit body. I get rewward
for my efforts and actions. ...

I work at Walmart, after 8 hours of dealing with people and their stupidity sometimes you just have to mow down a horde of zombies with a chainsaw :p
You know who keeps Walmart stocked with shopping carts? i do. 8 Hours a day in 100 degree heat.

Though I've got a nice tan and getting muscle its one hell of a workout.

I'm not an alcoholic, i go out and drink socially with friends to relax sometimes.
I used to work at a fast food restaurant doing the drive thru and i would get flirted with all the time, one girl pulled up and the first thing she said was i had a nice ass. I don't know how to respond to that? it also happend at the bar i go to sometimes.
All the relationships I've had i guess if you can call them that, the girls made the first move.
I used to think I would never kiss anyone but i kissed three different girls in like 3 months and then had a 9 month long relationship. still a virgin though.

Vegging or down time is healthy. All work and no pllay sucks..

What r odds of women in your age range.where you live How big is the
populations?

Yes that how I am...most women approch me first. .

I used to go Jogging after work becuase
plenty of women or people where out
jogging or exersicing too. Expandinng
and increasing my chances of meeting
different people.

Relationship is like a seed..not exactly sure how its going to trun out. Its learn as you go or adjust as you go..cuase all
women are differnt.

Heres a tip I got from relationships...
"wow am I luckie to see you" or "shower me with your love babe".

Bloodelf343 said:
I work at Walmart, after 8 hours of dealing with people and their stupidity sometimes you just have to mow down a horde of zombies with a chainsaw :p

This made me laugh for real. :)

As to your original question, there is nothing wrong with how you look. You seem to have very expressive eyes. Many women focus on the eyes because you can tell a lot about the person. We express a ton of our verbally inexpressed feelings in the region of our eyes. Not everyone chooses to look though, because some people are preoccupied with how others dress, or how they do their hair.

I agree with what Yeah! said:

You gotta break some eggs you wanna make an omelette, old chum.

Sometimes you have to take a deep breath and just do it.

In that instance, I ave to say that I do feel for you guys, because even in these "enlightened" times where women can approach men and not be stoned to death as a whore, the onus for initiating contact still lies more with men. Disproportionately so.

Limlim said:
Well now I feel great, I just honeysuckle on someones head by giving them what I thought was a compliment.

lololololol...

I mean come on who likes being told they look like Mr bean? :( ugh
I don't think i look anything like him. I pray i don't.

Mr Bean is a sexy sexy beast. Also Rowan has had countless other roles where he doesn't look like Mr Bean. He really dorks up his appearance for that one.

Bloodelf343 said:
I mean come on who likes being told they look like Mr bean? :( ugh
I don't think i look anything like him. I pray i don't.

I don't think you do. Mr Bean is kinda old but you're a young lad. But he is not ugly either. Hope you feel better.

Latest posts

Back