Self harm

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever self-harmed?

• No

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • I used to.

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • I still do.

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
If anyone feels like self harming because of their shitty life, then you should talk to either Steve or Oar or Zak (that would be me) and you will know that there are things in this world that are worse than self harming, like our jokes for eg XD

Yeah, I remember the first time I cut myself. I was huffing too, I was so depressed. I was an ugly, dirty, creepy, disgusting, weak pussy and I knew it and decided to stop lying to myself. I think the first time I did it was when I was 16 and so angry after my dad had yelled at me for something, I wanted to see blood, and I wanted to hurt something, to stab something and see the blood come out, but that's all I could do. I would slit my shoulder, but I never did any of that wrist BS.

I have dermatillomania and trichtillomania tendencies that manifested themselves when I was young.

Eh.

My body is covered in scars and I can't hide them...there's too many! :(

Reviving old thread, huh?....

I stopped about three months ago. Not because I wanted to, but because of me not being able to hide the effects of it any more. So that is why I stopped. Even now, I would be unable to hide the scars.

So I was "forced" to stop. And I hate it. I never really wanted to stop. And even now, after all the time, I often think about how much I miss it, how much I want it.

So why I´m I posting this...
Someone know what should I do in the moments when I feel so bad by knowing that I can not do what I want to do?
But I´m afraid that advice like "go take a run" or "make yourself a tea" wont really help much.

Thank all of you who reply:)

ive seen some alternatives on tumblr. for instance, snapping a rubber band on your wrist, putting elmers glue on your hands and peeling it off, or drawing 'cuts' with a red marker or pen. then the usual go for a walk/run, scream into a pillow, write in a journal, make a calm jar filling it with water and glitter, shake it and watch the glitter settle....sorry i cant remember alot of the other things it listed.

maidendeth said:
ive seen some alternatives on tumblr. for instance, snapping a rubber band on your wrist, putting elmers glue on your hands and peeling it off, or drawing 'cuts' with a red marker or pen. then the usual go for a walk/run, scream into a pillow, write in a journal, make a calm jar filling it with water and glitter, shake it and watch the glitter settle....sorry i cant remember alot of the other things it listed.

Thanks for the reply:)

I want to read Demi Lovato's book. Saw her in an interview and she talked about things she's gone through, drug and alcohol abuse as well as self harming. She talked about it a bit on Extra today, said how at first it was for attention, then after she would cut herself where no one could see it just to feel something. She's spoken out on the subject before and feels there needs to be more done about it, that it is still a taboo subject people don't want to talk about. That is so true, my mom and brother have never talked about it with me at all. Haven't done it in a long time, in almost ten years. Been tempting at times but I found other outlets.

I did never do anything like that to myself and I did never understand how anyone could do things like these to themselves.

I haven't self harmed myself ever but I've been very close to do so. Only at the age of 9... :/ I feel so sad when I think of my younger self. She was so broken and so lost with life. It breaks my heart.

Dexter said:
I did never do anything like that to myself and I did never understand how anyone could do things like these to themselves.

Imo, self harm is not something that one WANTS to do, but it is one of the ways one uses to feel better. It seems contradictory. It IS contradictory. Yet, people's reactions to different kinds of pain varries. Some believe that countering pain with pain is they way FOR THEM to lessen the inner pain. You prolly still dont understand, but it is what it is.

I have in the past and still try to on occasion but I've been having difficulty pressing hard enough to cut lately. Could probably use a better blade. I'd really like to start again because why the hell not? What are a few dozen more scars that no one will ever see?

Siertes said:
I have in the past and still try to on occasion but I've been having difficulty pressing hard enough to cut lately. Could probably use a better blade. I'd really like to start again because why the hell not? What are a few dozen more scars that no one will ever see?

Will you stop it??
:club:

daughter of the moon said:
Siertes said:

Will you stop it??

I'm sorry...Its difficult to let go of the desire when you feel like you're worth nothing :( I havent tried in a couple weeks though and my laziness extends to getting a new blade some sort so who knows. Maybe with enough time and distractions it wont cross my mind any longer.

Siertes said:
Siertes said:

Will you stop it??

I'm sorry...Its difficult to let go of the desire when you feel like you're worth nothing :( I havent tried in a couple weeks though and my laziness extends to getting a new blade some sort so who knows. Maybe with enough time and distractions it wont cross my mind any longer.

Yeah but how does that actually help you?

Siertes said:
Siertes said:

Will you stop it??

Yeah but how does that actually help you?

Well I personally dont try to do it because it helps. For me its almost like a punishment, what I deserve for being an unlovable loser.

I used to make little cuts on my left arms wrist, or on my head, or near my shoulder, some places where I knew I could get blood out without making a big cut. I dont consider it like self harm, since it almost didnt hurt, and that wasnt the purpose. I just liked to watch the blood going out.

Latest posts

Back