Setting Life In Motion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyAtNight

Reaction score
In some ways in life I feel successful and in some ways not

With the things that I feel successful about at one point I had to "set things in motion"....

The example I'll share is to do with a book.

When young, childhood into teenage years I was very shy to the point of social anxiety, very lonely and extremely dishearten.

Somewhere around about forteen I came across a book, at a yard sale or something, called "How To Win Friends and Influence People".
Now for a shy, lonely, insecure, socially inept very disheartened teenager this book title drew my interest. Whatever the exact circumstance I ended up with the book.

In the next number of days, reading this book I could see that there were ways to connect and interact with people that I had no experience with and never thought was possible. The book inspired me and even gave me ideas and ways to learn how to interact with people. It would take me many years, more books, different other inputs but I would become a person who interacts well with people. Considerably less lonely and a good portion of time able live good life experiences....

This was "Set In Motion!!!" by me seeing a book, "How To Win Friends and Influence People", obtaining it, taking it home, reading it and starting to learn and practise.....

I can only say that what came out of this is simply amazing in retrospect, unimagineable at the time!!!!!

The absolute majority of good things that I've experienced in life, I have, in one way or another "set in motion" by something that I've done. A book, going somewhere, talking to somebody, listening to somebody, asking for something, exploring something, trying something etc, etc, etc, etc......

Now there is a part where one needs to keep things in motion, or put in motion again but there needs to be the intial setting in motion first....

So, explore, set somethings in motion, even if you don't know the details, even if you don't know exactly where it will take you....

Blessing to All

John H

Latest posts

Back