Sexually Frustrated, Never Had Sex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienated said:
And man there are some pretty hot looking 50 year old women out there, that would jump all over you.

What exactly do you mean by this? For what reason do you think a 50 year old would "jump" him versus a 20 year old?

I'm thinking cougar. And a lot of cougars tend to be all over younger men, same as older guys are all over younger women.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
There is a valid concern among the 30 and 40 year olds who haven't experienced sex yet. We are expected to just be happy alone. While I am happy enough by myself, I'd like to have experienced what other guys have experienced.

Who is it that expects this from you? If there is any expectation from people, it should be that you find a way to be happy, either by getting what you want or accepting your circumstances.

If you're happy alone right now, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks.

If you're trying to find someone so you can be happy, again, who gives a **** what anyone else thinks.

Screw expectations. You know what's right for you better than anyone.

Speaking of cougars, I saw this lady on the subway last night while going to work. She must have been 55 at least but her legs were amazing. Instant boner.

There is definitely something really sexy about older women. I usually end up checking them out a lot more than the girls close to my age.

Alienated said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm thinking cougar. And a lot of cougars tend to be all over younger men, same as older guys are all over younger women.

What he said

Just FYI, calling a woman a “cougar” is both ageist and sexist.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What are we supposed to call them?

Women?
Im not busting anyone's chops here - Im just pointing out that some women (who are shoved into this stereotype) don't particularly care for it, that's all.
Just out of curiosity, doesn't anyone know the moniker they use for a male who fits that description?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I've never thought of it as anything but an older woman going after a younger man. It's never been sexist, at least in my view. This is the first time I've ever heard that from anyone, and I've heard a lot of women even use that in reference or as a joke.

If this is what the politically correct is turning to, we can't call anything anything. This is what George Carlin warned us about. People are afraid to joke about anything un-PC, because you might be stereotyped.

There was even a show called Cougar Town. That wasn't a sexist show, by any means. If you want to call that sexist, call Two and A Half Men sexist towards men, because it, like every other American show, stereotypes men as stupid and naive.

I've never watched either show. I was just pointing out that not all older attractive women, who go out with younger men (most common description of the stereotype) particularly enjoy being called by that.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Nevermind, I'm backing out of this argument. I don't need to get involved.

o_O It wasn't an argument. I was just providing a little enlightenment.

I never meant it as anything but a description. I wasn't looking down on older women for wanting to date younger men.

I think age is just a number, and as long as both are mature and legal (over the age of 18), who am I to judge?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I never meant it as anything but a description. I wasn't looking down on older women for wanting to date younger men.

I think age is just a number, and as long as both are mature and legal (over the age of 18), who am I to judge?

Oh I didn't think you were looking down on anyone at all, Muse.
Honestly, just discussing what I consider a stereotype and really was wondering if there was a name for the male counterpart.

EveWasFramed said:
Just out of curiosity, doesn't anyone know the moniker they use for a male who fits that description?

Dog, maybe? Cradle robber? Something even more offensive? *shrugs*

Stereotype names probably aren't fun for some men either.

Most common name for a man who dates a much younger woman, regardless of whether or not she is of legal age, is "pedophile."

I heard that when, a year ago, I had a 19 year old flirting with me in real life when I was 29. I said on another forum, should I make a move. The resounding people that called me a child molester, despite there being only a 10 year difference, and both of us being over the age of 18 (legal everywhere in the US), was mind boggling.

I didn't make a move, but I hear stories from a lot of guys who date younger women, who face being called that. Last time I checked, a pedophile liked children, not adults.

Locke said:
EveWasFramed said:

Dog, maybe? Cradle robber? Something even more offensive? *shrugs*

Stereotype names probably aren't fun for some men either.

LOL. Actually, Im not one who really subscribes to the "age" difference thing, unless it's immoral (and even then, it's my own opinion and certainly not applicable to anyone else per se).
I wouldn't call a guy who dates younger women names like that. Again, I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I've dated both older and younger.

I just really was curious if males had a moniker like "cougar." :p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Most common name for a man who dates a much younger woman, regardless of whether or not she is of legal age, is "pedophile."

I heard that when, a year ago, I had a 19 year old flirting with me in real life when I was 29. I said on another forum, should I make a move. The resounding people that called me a child molester, despite there being only a 10 year difference, and both of us being over the age of 18 (legal everywhere in the US), was mind boggling.

I didn't make a move, but I hear stories from a lot of guys who date younger women, who face being called that. Last time I checked, a pedophile liked children, not adults.

Wow. I'd wouldn't consider a guy that was 29 a pedophile because he was dating a 19 year old. That's seems nuts to me, but that's just my opinion.

...okay

Anyway, one term for an older man who dates younger women is a Manther.

Dim the lights, Put on some Barry White and open a bottle of Red.....

N let it allllllll come together.

Boom just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back