Shall there ever come a time when you shall no longer feel lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there is a difference between being alone, and being lonely. I hope I'm the former and not the latter soon.

I would hope that it's only a matter of time until I gain enough momentum to get out. It's certainly a possibility. As the years go on I have more of everything I'll need.

I don't know if depression will ever not be a problem, although some of it has always been situational. There are still periods where I might feel nothing but a vague sense of uneasiness drowning out everything else for no particular reason.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I think there is a difference between being alone, and being lonely. I hope I'm the former and not the latter soon.

There is a difference, I've probably been more alone than lonely. Loneliness is terrible but being alone is also terrible. It's not something you should hope for, it's exchanging one hell for another.

this seems to be my destiny - planning to move in an Indian village or something, where maybe people are so friendly that they can be friends even with me

I like this debate, there is loads of insight into this aliment in life these days. When we share our loneliness are we less on our own anyway? So yes I think it will end.

Intellectually I understand the difference between being alone and being lonely, but I have been both for so long that I am no longer able to emotionally recognize the distinction. As far as the ways that loneliness and being alone function in my life, they have become the same thing.

And no, they will always be with me because I need them to be. It completes me...or something like that.

I didn't feel lonely when I was with my last girlfriend, even though it was a long distance relationship.
I assume that my next mate - should there be one - will have the same effect.

I don't really remember a time feeling "lonely"... I'm alone a lot of the times, though... I mean, I got nothing against hanging out & being around people... It just doesn't make that much of a difference to me, weather I'm alone or in the middle of the crowd... I used to go to a poker game every Wednesday nights at a bar... Nothing major, just bunch of people hanging out at a bar throwing chips around & having a good time... I made a lot of friends there... At one point, I pretty much knew everyone, at least the regulars there which happens to be most of them... I would go there, hang out & talk to just about everyone, there was around 200 people, & then walk out side for a cigarette & decided I had enough, no problems, just had enough of interactions with people, & just leave to have some alone time... I got about 3 people in my life right now that I click with very well...

No, because it's not a matter of having friends or having a relationship. Nothing that can be gained.

I imagine so, but not for very long. Just ten minutes ago I was eating an ice cream and I felt a distinct bond with a chocolate chip.

if i find some with whom there is real connection and who want me in their lives, I shan't be lonely anymore. Also maybe 15 cats, as a viable alternative

I do not see such a time ever occurring. Although, that might be my choice, as I do somewhat enjoy being alone...and free.

I don't think so. This looks like a lifelong battle. Until loneliness is confined to few instances.

Yes, I believe it will be so - when I make an effort to be part of the community in which I live.

I believe the greatest chance of making a difference to someone's life (and vice-versa) is in the local community - neighbours etc.

LonesomeDay said:
Yes, I believe it will be so - when I make an effort to be part of the community in which I live.

The **** community has to meet you half way though.

Not in fullness, at least. Feelings are not stationary, they are directional.

Xpendable said:
Not in fullness, at least. Feelings are not stationary, they are directional.

Blame it on me not being able to sleep but I have no idea what you mean.

Latest posts

Back