Share the Song/Soundtrack that you believe it depicts YOU.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marios

Reaction score
Most of us here, when we are in a specific mood, we hear songs and soundtracks that are (most of the time) directly related to how we are feeling.

But once loneliness becomes more sophisticated, sometimes, some of these soundtracks/songs become us.

Thus, it would be interesting to share the 1 song/soundtrack, that you thoroughly believe that it is yours. To the extent that you may even call it your very own Theme.

I am awaiting :).

Take your time.

If I had to pick just one, it would probably be Gymnopédie No.1 by Erik Satie. I'm sure everyone has heard it at some point in their life but here's the link:

[video=youtube]

This tune has always resonated with me since I heard it I don't know how many years ago. It's weird but I can't listen to it without imagining the sound of rainfall accompanying it as well.

@Siertes,

A glass of sweet red wine, rain hitting on the window, while you sit at a table somewhere on an uphill quiet bar. And as this music plays, you play with the glass as you lightly shake it to feel the aroma.

You are waiting for her, as you raise the glass to drink, a hand touches your shoulder, she has arrived.

________

@WishingWell

Dedicated to you, WishingWell. It's the least that I can do, literally.

[video=youtube]

________

@Pandas123,

As I say:

You are with Yourself, not on your Own.

It is different. When you are with yourself you value your company, you value your personality, no matter what. Imagine how powerful you are, that you have endured.

People see you and they may say: He is sitting on his own, alone.

No!

I am sitting with MYSELF. Something that YOU cannot comprehend. That's why you will always remain a static suffering for people like us.

P.S: Lyrics have meaning.

________

@Drama,

A "natural" expression is merely a masked reaction, at the point you have been pushed.

Dedicated to you, and your loneliness:

[video=youtube]

rudechaos said:
Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost.

___

A challenging ordeal.

Marios said:
@Siertes,

A glass of sweet red wine, rain hitting on the window, while you sit at a table somewhere on an uphill quiet bar. And as this music plays, you play with the glass as you lightly shake it to feel the aroma.

You are waiting for her, as you raise the glass to drink, a hand touches your shoulder, she has arrived.

Don't you go filling my mind with little fantasies that will never happen! :club:

Siertes, imagine that this little ambient story was just a simple "express yourself" post.

Even if it wasn't directed at you, it would still touch you.

I leave the conclusions to you...

Other than that, the music piece was excellent.

Marios said:
rudechaos said:
Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost.

___

A challenging ordeal.

..I am waking myself up to face reality
..I am trying to be wiser coz i'm getting older
..I am still finding myself
..I knew I was lost but I was in denial, now am finding the right path for me

@HGwells,

I hope your crucible gives positive results.

Triple Bogey said:
I know it's over by The Smiths

A peculiar, and stylish way, of saying: I am done.

@GraceBlossom

I thumb up the fact that you have accepted some things that kept you down in the past.

@Redwing

An objective approach :).

Latest posts

Back