short guys at a real disadvantage?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why women are so aggressive on this forum. Every thread a man make to ask about opinion or share a frustration ends up in fights that usually revolves about men that need to keep going and women that dont cares about looks.

Most women prefer taller men because it make them feel safe. Does this mean that is over for short guys? Nope

Never ever be yourself if you aren't satisfied with yourself. This is an advice for lazy people, like overweight women who just can't lose weight so they find easier to say just be yourself intestead of running and eating better.

Of course, you are short, be yourself because you can't change that.

And by the way I got rejected 7 ******* times last night. I need to be myself? Not at all

TheRealCallie said:
Callie said:
While I DO prefer TALLER guys, it doesn't always break the deal if one is shorter than me.  Quite a few of my exes were actually shorter than me.  So it's not like I wouldn't date one shorter than me.  Besides, I'm pretty tall, so I usually find guys are either my height or shorter.
But, it's not really about how tall someone is, it's about WHO the person is and how you feel about him/her.  

Okay, fine, let's dig up this post from SEVEN YEARS AGO.... :rolleyes:

Did you see the last line?  My opinions haven't changed.  Would it be nice to look UP to a guy for once, would it be nice to rest my head on his shoulder without getting a neck cramp?  Yeah, it would.  But, if you read ALL of my statement, IT IS NOT REQUIRED!  I don't choose who I date based on how tall someone is or whether they are muscular or whether they are "OMG, HE'S SO HOT." 

As for the rest....lol

Once again the point goes completely over your head. If only you'd dig it out of whatever hole you stuck it in.

I'm done trying. Have fun playing your broken record.

I would like it if you, Kamya, would be less rude whenever you don't get people to agree with your opinion. Also can we lock this thread already? Jeez.

I'm not rude every time someone disagrees with my opinion. I'm rude when dumbasses have no idea what they are talking about and repeatedly seem to miss miss the whole point. Also, what I was saying wasn't even an opinion.

And I would personally like it if you, Lowlander, didn't speak to me period.

Here's an idea. Rather than make posts that contribute literally nothing to the thread and are completely off topic, why don't you weigh in? Otherwise what are you even doing in this thread other than attempting to stir up honeysuckle?

At least the other dumbasses can keep it on topic. That's why the thread isn't closed yet.

Did you just literally call everyone who contributed in this topic dumbasses? Keep it up man, keep it up. Not to mention that I /did/ contribute. Ah well, you do you.

Reading this thread with Mortal Kombat music is really entertaining.
Just thought I'd make a dumbass comment unrelated to the thread for my fellow dumbasses enjoyment.
Because at 5'9-5'10, Im obviously at a disadvantage with women and if I'm not down with that, Kamya's got TWO WORDS FOR ME!!
(DX reference, for you younger pups out there)

Richard_39 said:
Just thought I'd make a dumbass comment unrelated to the thread for my fellow dumbasses enjoyment.
Because at 5'9-5'10, Im obviously at a disadvantage with women and if I'm not down with that, Kamya's got TWO WORDS FOR ME!!

GTFO, tallish man :club:

:p Just kidding, come to the "dumbass" side. We have fun here.

Richard_39 said:

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTkAzTIcOoY[/video]

What I was saying is that a guy who is 5'2 has it hard.  But take a guy who is 5'2 and lacks experience and the social skills and it will be near impossible.  Take that same scenario and make the guy 6'1 and he will have it just as hard.  Without expected life experiences at the proper ages it is near impossible for a guy.  He will always be playing catch up.  If he is ever given a chance, like I was, he will fail to bridge the gap from close friend to romantic interest.  No matter what I did and what I was told I could never bridge that gap because a wall was always put up that was impossible to get over.  In the end I believe as long as you have the experiences and skill you have a good chance.  It is the guys who don't have those, whether they be short or tall, that will always struggle.  This thread is old and long so I didn't not read it all and if I am off topic I apologize.

Lowlander said:
Did you just literally call everyone who contributed in this topic dumbasses? Keep it up man, keep it up. Not to mention that I /did/ contribute. Ah well, you do you.

Work on your reading comprehension. That's honestly 90% of the issue here and why I get frustrated to the point of being rude when dealing with certain people here. You just don't know how to comprehend what you are reading and just jump to your first thought and power on without actually thinking first.

I know you aren't the brightest and this might be hard for you to understand but let me "try" to explain it for you. No, I did not call everyone who contributed in this thread a dumbass. I said that the other dumbasses kept it on topic. These two sentences do not imply the same thing.

And no, making an off topic post adds nothing to the discussion and does not count a contribution. All it does is derail the discussion. Which is what we have now.

And I see now we are going to continue to keep things off topic as more of the usual suspects enter the fray. What else is new?

I'm sorry you missed your nap. All that frustration ... welp. I'll just play my game, you can stay and be rude to people. Have a good one.

Lowlander said:
I'm sorry you missed your nap. All that frustration ... welp. I'll just play my game, you can stay and be rude to people. Have a good one.

Thanks.

If this is all you have to contribute then I agree, its probably best if you just stick to your games.

Timbobway said:
What I was saying is that a guy who is 5'2 has it hard.  But take a guy who is 5'2 and lacks experience and the social skills and it will be near impossible.  Take that same scenario and make the guy 6'1 and he will have it just as hard.  Without expected life experiences at the proper ages it is near impossible for a guy.  He will always be playing catch up.  If he is ever given a chance, like I was, he will fail to bridge the gap from close friend to romantic interest.  No matter what I did and what I was told I could never bridge that gap because a wall was always put up that was impossible to get over.  In the end I believe as long as you have the experiences and skill you have a good chance.  It is the guys who don't have those, whether they be short or tall, that will always struggle.  This thread is old and long so I didn't not read it all and if I am off topic I apologize.

Oh look, a post that goes along with the thread.  Allow me to grab it and spew more illogical nonsense :)

Now see, here's my take on it and I'm sure I've probably said it somewhere before, but you haven't heard it, so I'll repeat.  lol  DATING is hard.  It doesn't really matter if you have experience or not.  Dating is hard for everyone.  If it's not a good fit, you will be friendzoned, whether you have experience or not.  And yes, the older you get, the harder it gets, but the older you get, the more people aren't likely to care as much whether you are a virgin or if you have experience. 
I've said it before, it just really takes being a decent person and having the romantic chemistry with someone.  You don't need experience to treat someone well.  You've watched movies and tv shows, so you likely have ideas about dating and whatnot.  Experience isn't really needed as much as people think.  If you are socially awkward, go out and learn how to interact better. 

Just my opinion, of course.

It's all about mutual attraction, in the end. My girlfriend and I are very attracted to eachother (obviously!) and the best thing is, neither of us were even trying to find someone, we were just brought together.

I hope no one closes this thread down, there's enough combativeness for guys that are already down to deal with when they show up here and also getting the places where they talk about their issues closed down because of petty arguments won't make anyone's lives better. It's kinda funny that you never see a thread go off so quickly, unless someone feels like there's things to gain from putting others down...
I hope y'all get the fresia away soon, this forum is more than a means to feel superior. BTW that's the most miserable way to feel better about yourselves, and I don't usually wish anyone any harm but I hope it lasts a very short time and that karma comes back to y'all with vengeance.

TheRealCallie said:
Timbobway said:

Oh look, a post that goes along with the thread.  Allow me to grab it and spew more illogical nonsense :)

Now see, here's my take on it and I'm sure I've probably said it somewhere before, but you haven't heard it, so I'll repeat.  lol  DATING is hard.  It doesn't really matter if you have experience or not.  Dating is hard for everyone.  If it's not a good fit, you will be friendzoned, whether you have experience or not.  And yes, the older you get, the harder it gets, but the older you get, the more people aren't likely to care as much whether you are a virgin or if you have experience. 
I've said it before, it just really takes being a decent person and having the romantic chemistry with someone.  You don't need experience to treat someone well.  You've watched movies and tv shows, so you likely have ideas about dating and whatnot.  Experience isn't really needed as much as people think.  If you are socially awkward, go out and learn how to interact better. 

Just my opinion, of course.

Callie's the expert on what older people want dontchyknow.

Interacting with someone on a romantic/sexual way is at a completely different level than everyday socializing. Both those things require the consent and cooperation of others. Selene was right, if you don’t already have what the opposite sex  wants it’s much less likely that chances will be given.

Women over 25 have very clear ideas of what they want and  inexperienced men who don’t know how to cross the boundary from friendly and decent, to flirting, to initiating kisses etc. usually aren’t it (they'd mostly rather remain alone).  But of course, the lived experiences of life's "losers" counts for nothing in what quickly degenerates into shouting matches.

It amuses me to no end that people think they know what others want. There are literally BILLIONS of people on the planet, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back