Should I continue to pay on this car?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFrozenSoul said:
Can no one read? Seriously, HER MOM IS NOT PAYING ANYTHING BUT THE INSURANCE!!!![/b] Now her mom wants her to pay for part of the insurance. Am I the only one who understands that?
Is everyone that dense?

"She helps me out with the insurance and just recently, she's splitting the car payment and insurance with me now."

I don't think it's us that can't read.

@VanillaCreme: True, there is a high road that will leave the OP out thousands of dollars, a car, and a better credit score. However, it is the high road the better road that no one cares about in the end. In the end she won't have anything but her pride. Just enough for her to get screwed over again, and again.

You know just as well as I do that her mom is taking the baby way out of this deal. Taking the adult way out of this deal will get the OP nothing.

Pay it off and have the title changed. She's your mom after all, there's little reason not to trust her at the end of the day with such things. Frustrating, yes, but ah well. You'll have other chances to get credit, and its probably not a terrible vehicle anyway.

^this.

Like I said in my first post, is there any reason you don't trust your mom to give you the title after it's paid off? I honestly don't even see what your complaint is. Your situation is the same as just about any other kid that is lucky enough to have their parents help out with buying a car. In my case, the car was paid off, the title was transferred at the DMV and I just had to pay for a new registration and plates.

Why doesn't she just 'sell' the car to you to have the title changed? Or look into different credit cards...pay the car payment with the card and then pay off the card each month. Builds up credit.

AFrozenSoul said:
@VanillaCreme: True, there is a high road that will leave the OP out thousands of dollars, a car, and a better credit score. However, it is the high road the better road that no one cares about in the end. In the end she won't have anything but her pride. Just enough for her to get screwed over again, and again.

You know just as well as I do that her mom is taking the baby way out of this deal. Taking the adult way out of this deal will get the OP nothing.

She's decided to help her mom. That's not a bad thing. I've helped my mom and got nothing out of it many of times. I was never a coward about it and left my mom high and dry when she needed help the most. So what she's not getting anything out it? So what? She's helping her mom. That alone would make me happy. And being able to even pay for a car would make me ecstatic. She chose at that time to agree to help. That's something she just has to live with and deal with.

And no I don't really know about the situation. I don't know what their relationship is. All I know is that she's a bit stuck on how to make her credit better. Which she has plenty of time to do, so just leaving her mom to pay for something on her own won't really solve anything.

You don't always have to get something out of a situation yourself. There's no need to be greedy all the time. She made a choice, and she should accept the choices she's made. Simple as that.

Latest posts

Back