Should I just kill myself and get it over with?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NewBirth said:
lonelyloser said:
Question for everyone:

To you, is suicide EVER justified? Would you ever think, hey this person's life is over...he has nothing to look forward to, no friends, no one cares if he lives or dies, he's basically dead to the world. What if all the money in the world could not save this person? What if falling in love or having friends could not even save this person? What if this person is so incredibly messed up that he will always suffer from inferiority and be unhappy? What if this person will never understand the complexities of the world, and will always be depressed no matter what good things happen to him? What if this person is so emotionally immature, stupid, and weak that there is no place for him in this world? Would you think that suicide is justified in this scenario?
no

I prefer the term "self-chosen euthanasia".

I once had strong opinions on the subject. (of course, my opinions were all based on a fragile, but rigid, belief system, not experience). I've noticed a softening of my stance, as of late...

edit...I'm not advocating doing it.

Wow, this is an incredibly sensitive topic.
I think that regardless of what stage in our lives we are at, and how we feel about ourselves, it's SO important to try to stay positive... no matter what.
I understand that we all go through hard times. Everybody does. Even the most "together" person you know has some issues they are dealing with. We all just deal with things in our own way, I guess. Just know that you are NOT alone. We all feel sad. We all feel pain. We are all lonely. But the important thing to realize is that we are all here for each other.
It's part of our nature - we don't like seeing other people upset. Our nurturing side comes out, and we try our best to cheer them up. I guess that's the beauty of this forum. We are all in the same boat - we just deal with things in different ways.
Please try to realize that you CAN be happy. It's NOT impossible. It may seem like some distant unattainable goal, but happiness takes time. It's true that patience is a virtue! Things may seem bad right now, but take it day-by-day. Smile a little. Make a list of things you enjoy, things that make you happy. It will put things in perspective, and maybe you can find ways to incorporate more of them into your daily routines. Try new things. Explore! You never know what's around the corner. Don't write it off just yet.

:)

bri said:
I think that regardless of what stage in our lives we are at, and how we feel about ourselves, it's SO important to try to stay positive... no matter what.
I understand that we all go through hard times. Everybody does. Even the most "together" person you know has some issues they are dealing with. We all just deal with things in our own way, I guess. Just know that you are NOT alone. We all feel sad. We all feel pain. We are all lonely. But the important thing to realize is that we are all here for each other.
It's part of our nature - we don't like seeing other people upset. Our nurturing side comes out, and we try our best to cheer them up. I guess that's the beauty of this forum. We are all in the same boat - we just deal with things in different ways.
Please try to realize that you CAN be happy. It's NOT impossible. It may seem like some distant unattainable goal, but happiness takes time. It's true that patience is a virtue! Things may seem bad right now, but take it day-by-day. Smile a little. Make a list of things you enjoy, things that make you happy. It will put things in perspective, and maybe you can find ways to incorporate more of them into your daily routines. Try new things. Explore! You never know what's around the corner. Don't write it off just yet.

:)

The thing is...I can't SMILE:( @ least I can't smile naturally, even with braces I can't smile. I don't know why this is it. I just want to cry, but I can't because there just isn't any tear, and my eye will only get worst if I do.

I would bullied and laugh at because I was born with a deformation and my lip stick out. I was constantly being call "ugly"

And them, do you think you can succeed in your life by making fun of people?

They are the one who are failing their lives, why would you let yourself being hurt by people you don't even know?

Calling someone ugly won't make you any prettier.

bri said:
I think that regardless of what stage in our lives we are at, and how we feel about ourselves, it's SO important to try to stay positive... no matter what. :)

You believe as I once did bri. But, I'm now in the process of expanding my definiton of postivie....ie... to include the lack of chronic suffering.

No Chris,you shouldn't do it.I know everyone says that.I personally believe death is the end,and suicide does have it's place.I'm 23,and I'm schizophrenic.I had social problems and social anxiety all my life.I had trouble with the girls,because I would just go quiet with anxiety.Of course my story is different,but I changed.I may not be the most out going guy,but I don't have any social problems or anxiety anymore,and I do just fine with women.If you're at a point of suicide,try anti-depressants,they can take away the pain.Also remember suffering is an art,and the longer you live,the greater the portrait.

Chris 2 said:
Honestly, I never been happy even as a child.
me too.

lip stick out.
this is so fixable these days, if that bothered me so much I would defenately work my butt off to save money for plastic surgery. Everybody does that. You can fix it.

it seem like I will never be able to get away from my past.
I'm also being like followed by "shadows" from my past, I was sort of sexually abused by a 75y.old man. I mean, past will always be there. I tried to forget it but it won't disapear from my memory.

I need your vote on this. Waiting for my mom to die before I kill myself is gonna take forever.
the vote is 100% no. Do you know how many beautiful people want to kill themselves? at 17 I tried. When people looked at me they saw this pritty, smart and all that girl, but on the inside I for some reason felt empty. Days and sun and what ever makes other people happy felt nothing to me. I still don't understand people who are so greatefull for just being alive.... Anyway, then the ambulance came in time and I had taken not enough medication to kill myself quickly. I survived and was really pissed at God and the whole world. I wasn't happy still but didn't want to do it again because I rememberd my mother's helpless eyes when she looked at me then. When I was 20 I started college few blocks away from World Trade center--- Ground zero now. On september 11 at 9am I had a class and my prof. told me if I miss it he'll fail me. That morning a woke up at 6am but no metter how hard I tried I couldn't get up. My body was so weak I had to hold on to the wall I had a terrible headache. This has never happened to me before. So I didn't make it, didn't leave the house. That should have been my last day and perfect way to die without having to kill myself. I was even more pissed at God and His miracles. Then my life got even worse. I got pregnant and refused to have an abortion.My family was so embarrassed that they asked me to leave and go to hell. They said that it's better to see me dead than have the baby. I'm white and my son --black. Where I come from--its unheard of. I was fighting alone against the world. When I didn't leave,( where the hell was I supposed to go?)they left, moved out, abandoned me.But there were others that picked me up and gave everything I needed .I never experianced greater love than I feel with my son. I'm basicly in love with him. My inner emptiness and chronic depression disapeared.

what I am trying to say here is if you kill yourself now you will never know what you giving up and missing out in your future. Some great things....lots of love. :)

you're making a mistake for sure. Stay here and see what happens.

If you don't like the way you look just think of ways to fix it.You can do it. ;)

It's kinda mysterious how you suddenly fell ill on that day... maybe you shouldn't be angry at God after all.

well, I'm sort of not really mad about it anymore as much since I really experianced better times after that. But still have some growing conflicts inside. The more I live the less I understand God and his ways of working out things....look at all these people...everyone suffers....what are they supposed to do with themselves?...I really just don't get Him anymore...for real. I'm orthodox by religion. And we are supposed to go to church like friggin holy people and love God with all our heart and all that. But I don't even feel like praying anymore...after watching people. and the rich get richer and Africa rotting with AIDS what the f*** is this? I can't even go to confession because if I tell my priest that I like God less everyday he'll throw me out of that church.
**** it.

Kristen said:
well, I'm sort of not really mad about it anymore as much since I really experianced better times after that. But still have some growing conflicts inside. The more I live the less I understand God and his ways of working out things....look at all these people...everyone suffers....what are they supposed to do with themselves?...I really just don't get Him anymore...for real. I'm orthodox by religion. And we are supposed to go to church like friggin holy people and love God with all our heart and all that. But I don't even feel like praying anymore...after watching people. and the rich get richer and Africa rotting with AIDS what the f*** is this? I can't even go to confession because if I tell my priest that I like God less everyday he'll throw me out of that church.
**** it.

Do you still feel this way?

well, i would delete this stupid post if I could now....its just stupid.
No, I don't feel like that anymore. I was just pissed. You know what i was going through last year....

Chris 2 said:
Honestly, I never been happy even as a child. First day in kindergarten, I would bullied and laugh at because I was born with a deformation and my lip stick out. I was constantly being call "ugly" and this has let to my Social Anxiety. I'm in college now, and it seem like I will never be able to get away from my past.

I need your vote on this. Waiting for my mom to die before I kill myself is gonna take forever.

Plus it not like any girl will ever love me anyway. I'm a social outcast, creep, stalker, not human, and etc...

I need all your vote.

Say yes or no.

I know suicide is a sin, but my life is a sin anyway.

No, Chris. Suicide is not a solution.
Since you say about your lip, let me share something with you. By the way, it's true story.

I have someone I know. He had ancident when he was very young and lost his 2 hands and 1 legs. The hands were cut from arms and only a small part of arms were left. So, he has literally no hand. He had No education, No money and No one who can support him for the whole life at that time. People did laugh at him. No girl wants to go out with him. Friends went away from him because they didn't really want to help and thought that he may become their burden.

But he was pretty strong.
He didn't give up his life. He learnt to be independent. He didn't have enough money. So, he can't go into college but tried to learn things for a living. Guess what he is working as now?

Machinist! And he owns a mortorcycle repair shop.

Once, I saw him reparing motorcycle. He used his small little arms (actually, it's just some smal flesh from the shoulder.), legs and mouth. It's amazing,isn't it?
Now, people don't laugh at him anymore. In fact, people do like to go to his work place to repair their vehicles because he gives a very good service.

Chris 2 said:
Plus it not like any girl will ever love me anyway. I'm a social outcast, creep, stalker, not human, and etc...

Since you say about girls, I need to add in something.
The machinist I told you above is already married. He is super dark (always) and oily for most of the time but his wife is really a beauty. Now, they have 2 very cute kids.

Life is all about perception.
Everyone has their own bad days.
No matter what, don't give up, be positive and move on.
If you try hard enough and stay positive, you will get what you want. Trust me! Be positive and you can win half of the battle.
I hope this will help you. =)

Latest posts

Back