Should relationships be based on logic or emotion?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to throw a wrench in or anything, but I think compatibility is an equally important factor as logic or emotion would be. That and a big fat doobie rolled to perfection. J/K about the doobie :p

I don't like that word "should"

A relationship is going to be whatever it is.
Trying to decipher a formulaic way to go about it is kind of futile.
Logic & emotion change intermittently at the our disposal.
logic is good, but too much of logistics can get tedious and boring.
Emotion, is equally good, but too much of emotion can get hurtful and dangerous.

I think it's both and you have to throw in what Naleena said about compatibility.
Without that there really is no reason for a relationship.

But like I said there really isn't a recipe.
It's sadly something you have to make up as you go.
Cause most likely you'll have something in mind by starting out somewhere, and end up in a completely different location for better or for worst.

Can it be logic? Maybe at first, sure, but if the relationship turns serious, and then people fall in love... Well, love isn't logical.

A relationship cannot simply be based on one of the things. It takes more than that to have a successful relationship.

One of my favorite sayings is, "A little from column A a little from column B" but eventually it becomes more emotion since love is an emotion, and like Vanilla said love isn't logical. If it was more logical then we'd all be a lot smarter about who we fall in love with.

EVERYONE here has admitted that love isn't logical... and why do something that isn't logical?

Naleena said:
Not to throw a wrench in or anything, but I think compatibility is an equally important factor as logic or emotion would be. That and a big fat doobie rolled to perfection. J/K about the doobie :p

Are you really kidding? DONT TEASE ME!

SocratesX said:
EVERYONE here has admitted that love isn't logical... and why do something that isn't logical?

Cuz empirical evidence would suggest it's FUN:D

And it does make you feel better, so why not?

We are all developing mentally N emotionally. Our perceptions, moral, values, beliefs, ideas changes. A relationship will reflect that. Life changes with or without our permission...I agree with Reborn.
Passion N good love making alway helps. Helps me let go or forget that I wanted to stab her fucken eyes out last Tuseday. She said she was on the rag ...so excuse her for being an emotional wreck. I was horney as fresia. **** pecker has a mInd of its own without logic so whatever.hahahahaaa
Im in a relationship @ the moment.She say were in the 4th ending..Her score 4..mine 0..lmao We click or have that so call chemistry of learning to laugh @ ourselves N not to take things too serious all the time...its a natrual process of communicating and working through our challenges. Forginess..letting go acceptence. Being in the moment N loving one another for who we are and not as we wish the other person should be..in other words..NO CONTROL issues...basically comes back to SHOULD. It dosnt have to be anyway

NOAH_FX said:
Naleena said:

Are you really kidding? DONT TEASE ME!

**Giggles** Ok here ya go....lol
giant-doobie.jpg

Lonesome Crow said:
She said she was on the rag ...so excuse her for being an emotional wreck. I was horney as fresia. **** pecker has a mInd of its own without logic so whatever.hahahahaaa

Sex is like a bridge game; if you don't have a good partner, you better have a good hand.

i think that choosing a partner should be based more on logic than on emotion, as well as making important decisions in the relationship.

... now that i think about it, i think a relationship should be mostly based on logic, something like 80% logic and 20% emotion.

as with everything else in Life I think you should use logic,

however with a dash of emotion,

no matter how logical a relationship is, if you're not happy with it, you should maybe get out, it's only logical

I believe logic is tool we should use in order to find long term happiness and well-ness

I base relationships on logic, this works for me. Compatibility is most important. Emotion is fleeting.

People are different, some run better with emotions and some Logic (some don't have a clue as to what the word means) and some with a balance of both. Logically we can see that everyone is different and holds different things in life of value. We all have emotions, that's simple logic. It's my belief that balance is the key to a relationship for a person like myself as much as it is to life. Do or do not, now that's the tough part.

Some people should die, that's just unconscious knowledge.
~ Perry Farrell

Naleena said:
**Giggles** Ok here ya go....lol
giant-doobie.jpg

ROFLMFAO Naleena!

I think we all use a combination of both, as it should be. And how much of each, is up to the individuals. Personally, I tend to lead more with my heart than my head. But each his own :eek:)

Mr. Sir said:

No offense, but a romantic relationship based on logic seems like the silliest thing I've ever heard of. There's nothing logical about getting emotionally involved with another person.

Latest posts

Back