So I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

serpentish

Well, lets see. Where to start? I guess when I started to feel lonely. Well, the first time that happened was a long time ago, about a decade ago. Not really relevant, but still.

Middle school was the first time I had to face lonelines and the reality of fleeting friendships. I've always been the type to have a few friends I like to keep close. In middle scool though, my friends found other friends and therefore my time with them was smaller to accomodate the new people. I never made my own share of new friends and basically was by myself very often. I had social skills of a wild rock and wit to match. I had to learn and adapt how to be social and charismatic. That wasn't easy at all and it basically involved watching kids with many friends, copying and altering their habits to make them my own. Either way, I got over it.

Now, I'm in my last year of college with a whole new problem, love based. Typically it sounds ridiculous when a 22 year old like myself or younger says they've fallen in love with somebody but I'm not sure how getting older would somehow educate me on how to know when I'm in love. I basically found a girl who, I slowly began to realize, I could spend the rest of my life with. Things just clicked and I thought they did for her too. After a long ordeal I'm pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way and wants to just leave our relationship at friendship. To be honest, it breaks my heart. I'm sure at some point I'll move on but it's not easy, it sucks and I wish it had never happened. So here I am, in a forum about loneliness because this issue has caused at least the past 2-3 months to be my most depressive since middle school.

I'm sorry if this was too long, it could have been longer, but I felt it summed up the "loneliness hilights" of my life.

hey,

Yea lonliness is a very tough burden to carry, trust me I know as do many people on this forum I'm sure and that is a very sad thing that so many people out there are so lonely.

As for the girl, if she does or has decided to stay as friends just try look at it inthe way that you have now gained a new friend, not that you've lost the one you love because if she really was the one for you you two would be together. There will be someone for you out there, as there will be for me, its just a matter of finding them, its what i try to believe anyway.

Thank you for replying to my other posts and for your supportiveness aswell :)

I hope I have been of at least a little help :)

Yeah, I'm at least glad that she's in my life as a friend. Thanks for your supportive words as well. It always helps to know that there's people out there who understand how I'm feeling. :)

serpentish said:
Typically it sounds ridiculous when a 22 year old like myself or younger says they've fallen in love with somebody but I'm not sure how getting older would somehow educate me on how to know when I'm in love.
I think I understand what you mean here. I think it's not about being older, it's more about having experience or actually know what love is like I guess.

Anyway, hello serpentish, welcome to the forum..

Welcome to the forum.

I would be very careful with the friend that you're in love with - I was in that situation before OFTEN, and you can easily end up being taken advantage of.

Yeah, I'll definitely approach the situation with caution. Thanks for the welcomes.

Latest posts

Back