So you saucy little dishes...what are some deal-breakers?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

datingsucksfordoran.jpg

Granted, there isn't much out there that I like!
But I certainly am a master of the dislike!

What are some deal-breakers in a person for you?

(Aaaaaaand, it is common knowledge that no one likes: cheaters, liars, abusers etc. so mention something else mmkay?)

thefutureofdating839312.jpg

I was on a date with a guy and we were driving to the theatre. A small animal scurried across the road and he actually swerved to try to hit it ! I told him I felt sick and wanted to go home. He tried to call me a few times but I never answered.

Another wonderful Luna post!! I love it!!
smileyclapping.gif

Fantastic cartoon! :D Oh dear, this age of modern technology we live in... how long before this cartoon becomes a reality?
smilieundecided.gif

I don't have any deal-breakers to mention - I just wanted to thank you for making me smile :D

I'm dying to answer this, but I just don't know anymore. I honestly can't get my thoughts straight about anything. Gahhhh! Why can't I think?! >.<
*head/desk*

Cheaters, liars, and abusers. :p

If they have a penis, that's also a deal-breaker.

Potential deal breakers for me:

1. bipolarity from the inside and outside of a club/bar
2. mentioning of any ex's
3. getting mad at me for no reason or something that shouldn't matter because dammit we're not married and you sure as hell aren't my gf.
4. lying about the smallest things possible that in no way could affect a relationship
5. fake boobs, you might be as fake as them
6. thinking that I accept excessive burping or farting as cute, I hope you sincerely crap yourself and/or puke

^^ Gee. They can't talk openly, have opinions, defend themselves, or have bodily functions :( I suggest buying a Real Doll. :(

I haven't experienced that much with dates but I'm just ashamed of what I've done myself on dates. One thing I can say is that I find women that smoke a real turn off. I said that once on a date and the girl responded with that she smoked socially. It was a dealbreaker for me.

The Me-Monster.

With a Me-Monster, the topic of every conservation ultimately leads back to him. Now, in any normal conversation, it is common for the participants to talk about their own experiences as a means of sharing information and establishing solidarity with one another, but the Me-Monster must always have the spotlight shining on him. He may even employ a radical stream-of-consciousness, convoluted path to get the topic back onto himself when it has strayed to something outside of his experience.

Concomitant with this "all about me, all the time" quality is the One-upsmanship tendency; that is, everything that can happen to someone else happens in the extreme to him. For example:

• You may have had a bad bout of the flu last winter, but by God, when HE had it, he nearly died and it was only thanks to his superior immune system that he survived. That same bug would have killed a lesser man.
  • You only think that you had a great vacation at Baja last winter, but HE flew to the Caymans where he was courted by royalty, had bona fide supermodels crawling all over him, and he got to see unicorns frolicking in the surf on those sugar-white beaches
  • His car is way better, cooler, more expensive and sexier than yours.

and so on.

*******, the minute you start rhapsodizing about how much money you make and the cool honeysuckle you buy, and how everything you do is tinged with greatness, I am walking out. I won't even stick around to the end of the date out of politeness or to finish my drink.

eris said:
I was on a date with a guy and we were driving to the theatre. A small animal scurried across the road and he actually swerved to try to hit it ! I told him I felt sick and wanted to go home. He tried to call me a few times but I never answered.

I agree with you eris - cruelty to animals is a 100% deal-breaker for me, no exceptions.

Also, taking pleasure in being two-faced. We all have a tendency to be occasionally two-faced and feel bad about it afterwards, but some people seem to enjoy making a habit of it. Another 100% deal-breaker, no exceptions.

If the guy wants to be fresia buddies with me, that's when I walk out the door because it's a sure indication that he's not emotionally available enough or emotionally mature enough for an actual relationship.

eris said:
^^ Gee. They can't talk openly, have opinions, defend themselves, or have bodily functions :( I suggest buying a Real Doll. :(

I meant upon meeting someone new, not my fault I'd like to meet a mature lady who isn't hung up on someone.

^^ I really don't mean to be argumentative, but that is just the "talk openly" part. If someone isn't allowed to say they have a problem with you it's like their opinions don't matter and they can't even try to defend their point of view. And dude, really, chicks fart. I just grossed out the cat and she left the room.

But youre all right. :) no one is perfect.

I don't have a lot of deal-breakers, but here are a few of them:

A sense of entitlement -- No, you do not deserve anything. You do not inherently deserve what I do to you or for you. You are not a magical princess and I am not a retard prince who will sacrifice my self to pander to your every whim. Sorry, hun, but this is the real world and no one gets anything for free. That means that if you won't do at least half of the chores/housework, then I won't even consider you as an option. And if I'm working 40+ hours a week and you aren't, then you'd sure as fresia better be doing MORE than 50% of the chores, because I'm bringing in the bread.

I won't wash your clothes unless you wash mine. I won't buy you expensive shoes just to "see your smile," or because you beg me for them. fresia that. I have bills. Your vagina isn't some holy relic that empowers you to own me in any way shape or form. Contrary to what mommy and daddy told you, you are not a precious jewel that I will fawn over 24/7, and I will not be your slave just so I can be around you. You do NOT DESERVE ANYTHING.

You gotta ******* earn it like the rest of us.

A whining/wheedling attitude -- Stop yer bellyachin' about everything, because you just sound like a steam kettle to me. Or maybe Richard Simmons. The most annoying sound that can enter my ears is the sound a woman makes when she's bitching about everything or whining/wheedling. Life is tough and entirely unfair. DEAL WITH IT. Do you see me asking for favors because I feel wronged by life? fresia no. Neither should you.

I'm sure you thought the world was so hard when you had to write that 3-page essay about seals in high school, but now you're a big girl, so wear some damned big girl panties or go back to kindygawten. I don't care that the store is out of your nail color. I don't care that your boss was sooooo mean for making you work today. I don't give a fresia that your mother thinks I should cut down on my drinking. Yeah, honeysuckle happens... but deal with it and let it go. The entire universe is NOT against you just because some cashier kid dropped your carton of milk.

Stop whining, forget the small honeysuckle, and maybe we can talk.

lol... OK those came out quite a bit more rancid than I'd aimed for... but... *shrug* they is as they is. If I think of some more, I might post 'em.

Mine are.....

um.....

I think I need to start my own "No standards thread" Beggars can't be choosers, right?

* superficial-ness. (sorry for englishfail :p)
* pettiness.
* meanness.
* smoking.
* insensitivity
* total lack of interest in anything.

other things come to mind... but it's too long to list.

A guy who's too uptight. Irks the honeysuckle out of me.

There's a dude, says he likes me, but he keeps telling me about all his exes and what they've done together... I don't. *******. Care.

Even if I had liked him, it's gone now. AND he's also uptight about the dumbest honeysuckle... Get over yourself, dude.

Latest posts

Back