Some thoughts of Mine...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Iblis_Trigger

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to say hello to everyone on here. I'm sorry I haven't been on here in awhile, but I have been very busy: finishing up with Job Corps, moving to San Antonio, and trying to find more permanent or long-term housing (right now I reside in a shelter) while I am currently attending a community college, majoring in Criminal Justice.

I am here because I would like to post some thoughts of mine:

Sometime, to some people, being deprived of love and companionship is just like (and possibly worse than) being deprived of food because once you've been deprived of it long enough, you start starving for it and you're willing to take whatever you can find to satisfy your hunger, and worry about the possible consequences later. And as for being deprived of love and companionship being worse than being deprived of food, here is this quote from Mother Teresa (paraphrased): "Being unwanted, unloved, and uncared for is a greater poverty than one who has nothing to eat." I wonder, why would she say something like that if it were not somewhat true? My thoughts on this quote are: Hunger for food will only destroy the body if left unchecked. Being deprived of love and companionship is a direct assault on the spirit.

I do not know if this phrase has been around which is why I like to say that I made I came up with it myself:

"A man could have all of the gold, silver, and precious jewels in the world. However, all of these riches will not do anything for him if he is in the middle of the Mojave Desert, dying of thirst. He will give up all of his riches for a drink of water."

I have had people tell me that I am so smart and talented, yet I have no romantic companion to appreciate it. Sometimes, I feel that I would sacrifice my intelligence, artistic talent, and my (reasonable) good looks just for a companion who will love me and treat me the way I want to be treated (I do not expect her to worship the very ground I walk on; just to treat me right).

I do not intend this to be another thread about my life; I was just posting my thoughts.

Have any one of you ever felt like this? Would sacrifice your talents for love? Have you felt so starved for companionship that you would take anything that came your way?

Just wondering...

http://www.mocospace.com/html/album/photoalbum-list.jsp?albumid=1989921&u=7666319

Here is a little album of some of my drawings.

Your post was very thought-provoking. I think I would give up a few things, but certainly not all I had. I guess I feel like there are some things that you must keep for yourself, and if you take even that away, you're cheating yourself.

I wanted to see your pictures, but I had to have an account to see them. =(

Somewhere I heard the expression "in love with the idea of being in love"
Not just anyone will do. Without the "magic" another person in your life can be a nuisance.

Also, "Hell is other people. Sometimes it's there presence, sometimes it's their absence"

It's life's cruelest hoax that being lonely, repels rather than attracts others.

Good luck to us both.

Latest posts

Back