Sometimes there are no words

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewdrops

Reaction score
Second Helpings
By John Brehm

I wear my heart on my sleeve,
or rather both sleeves, since
it's usually broken.

Sometimes when I join my hands
to pray, the jagged edges
briefly touch,

like a plate that fell and cracked
apart from being asked
to hold too much.

I lurked about here for a couple days now... I suppose I'd tell you more about me, but sometimes I can't find the right words. Perhaps this is why I posted up this poem, because it somehow gives you an idea of me and why I lie awake at 2am.

They said that 2am is not for the lovers asleep in each arms, because 2am belongs to us.

No, I am not always sad. I laugh at jokes and smile at funny things too. I feel other things than lonely. But feelings and other things are somewhat like food. Best served fresh and piping hot, sometimes over coffee or tea and best shared with somebody you love (including platonically).

Hello dewdrops, welcome to the forum. Hopefully this forum can bring you some good times ahead of you.

dewdrops said:
Second Helpings
By John Brehm

I wear my heart on my sleeve,
or rather both sleeves, since
it's usually broken.

Sometimes when I join my hands
to pray, the jagged edges
briefly touch,

like a plate that fell and cracked
apart from being asked
to hold too much.

I lurked about here for a couple days now... I suppose I'd tell you more about me, but sometimes I can't find the right words. Perhaps this is why I posted up this poem, because it somehow gives you an idea of me and why I lie awake at 2am.

They said that 2am is not for the lovers asleep in each arms, because 2am belongs to us.

No, I am not always sad. I laugh at jokes and smile at funny things too. I feel other things than lonely. But feelings and other things are somewhat like food. Best served fresh and piping hot, sometimes over coffee or tea and best shared with somebody you love (including platonically).

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find people here that you can relate too. There are many nice people here willing to talk and be of assistance.

By the way, Ice Coffee makes everything better.... at least to me! :p

Peace!

Thank you for the warm welcomes! Hahaha. For the most part, I am good.
Stuff has been interesting. There are a lot of interesting reads.

Mmm coffee or tea, iced or not I can definitely go for a caramel macchiato or a hojicha tea latte... But you know keeping things simple with a great cup of Earl Grey helps the day along. The world can be set right with the whiff of bergamot.

I agree about the bergamot bit completely. I never understood why out of all the scents it soothed me (and my friend) the most. And then we realized that both of us had been fed bergamot gripe water as babies :)

Welcome to forum, dewdrops. You have a lovely, poetic way of writing.

Veruca said:
I agree about the bergamot bit completely. I never understood why out of all the scents it soothed me (and my friend) the most. And then we realized that both of us had been fed bergamot gripe water as babies :)

Welcome to forum, dewdrops. You have a lovely, poetic way of writing.

Thank you for the welcome Veruca! :) and Thank you for the compliment. I admit I'm quite terrible at taking them, but I'm learning.

Hah! So you believe you were conditioned to be soothed by bergamot! Uh-oh. I smell conspiracy. Lol.

I have never tried bergamot until the past decade. I was into fruit teas, but as time went by, I've developed quite the taste for black teas, and stumbled upon Earl Grey as I decided to try it coming from English Breakfast, and Irish breakfast tea.

I suppose I feel it smells like sunshine or a beautiful day. It also brings back memories of rainy afternoons in tiny little cafe with wrought iron chairs and silken pillows in a spectrum of turkish inspired colors, where I used to hide back when I was a student.

Latest posts

Back