Soo what's the meaning and goal of living?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Seal The Albatros said:
Factually? No idea. I'd assume there isn't one, but that would leave me directionless. I can't speak for everyone else however.

Because of this (with a hint of despite), I focus more on the journey instead of the destination. I've got goals sure, but the attempts to get that far are the real meat on the bones. Celebrate victories however small, and learn from past failures. Branch out from your experiences and you might find yourself with more journeys to experience. Does it matter if you reach the goal? Maybe, maybe not. I don't really care, but I can't speak for anyone else. The journey toward whatever goal you choose however, could be the fulfilling part.

Yeah this seems to be one of the main themes in a lot of the popular stories. "Journey to the West" even has it in the name. The Alchemist. Siddhartha. They are all given a specific mission at the beginning, and then each pitfall and experience along the way slowly builds them up for the completion of their mission. By the time they come to the ends of their quests they realize "the journey was the destination all along!" or something equally cliche and then they all reach enlightenment. The end.

I find it to be pretty true for me most of the time though. The journey is the where the real meat of the experience is.

Latest posts

Back