Sooo, there's a snake in my car

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
Shoot it. That's what they do out here. Jeremy had to shoot one about 2, 3 weeks ago. Was right outside the back door. Shot the head off.

Haha, nice! Yea we thought about taking that route, but we were at work and corporate would have pitched a honeysuckle fit.

While we are considered the most northern, southern state, I think I would be scared of some yall girls further in the south - beating snakes with pipes, etc.

Bones said:
While we are considered the most northern, southern state, I think I would be scared of some yall girls further in the south - beating snakes with pipes, etc.

LOL - Aww, Bones, don't be like that. We are sweet as pie down here, I promise. We just serve the pie with a side of hot sauce. :p

Serving hot sauce =
tumblr_m1z9b57mHL1r5jtugo1_500.gif

MissGuided said:
Bones said:

LOL - Aww, Bones, don't be like that. We are sweet as pie down here, I promise. We just serve the pie with a side of hot sauce. :p

Lol that's right! Sweet as pie! But we gotta protect our youngins! (I was actually 8 1/2 months pregnant out there killing that snake.) What a sight.

Bones lol, scared as you may be, you have to admit it was bad ass. Just layin' the smackdown on a snake with a freaking pipe. And then cut off the head? Super bad ass.

agree-1.gif

VanillaCreme said:
Bones lol, scared as you may be, you have to admit it was bad ass. Just layin' the smackdown on a snake with a freaking pipe. And then cut off the head? Super bad ass.

Oh yes, I was! But then I went inside and had a total meltdown like a girl. I called my husband on the phone crying. I couldn't believe I had done that. It's my southern roots I guess.

I love when people tell me though, oh you shouldn't have killed it. It was a good snake. It keeps away mice. I believe I would take a mouse over a big freaking snake anyday.

^^^Still, you are a badass mother extraordinaire even with the meltdown afterwards - I would have had a meltdown first - protect the family second - and have another meltdown afterwards.

If i told you the story about fishing, a snake dropping out of the tree into the water while taking the boat over the shores, and running for my life & falling in the water every other steps with me thinking to hell with the plastic joe boat, you would understand my meltdowns when it comes to snakes. :p

My friend just stood there and watched shaking his head - he said afterwards the snake was probably more afraid of me!

Haha it's amazing how stupid we become in those situations.

I'm that way with anything that buzzes. Bees, wasps, dirt dobbers, horsefly...doesn't matter. I'm halfway down the street once you realize what I'm running from.

Ship, apparently mothballs keeps snakes and stuff away. Jeremy's mother bought a few boxes, and he spread them outside around the house.

I killed a rattlesnake on Friday that nearly bit my German Shepard. I kept hitting it with a shovel and chopping it up and eventually it died. :club:

Jeremy had to shoot a snake yesterday afternoon. I heard three shots over at the other trailer. Thought nothing of it. BEST part is when he freaking tells me that he's NOT SURE if it's dead or not. Shot at it three times, all all three times, and he said it got away. He couldn't get a clear shot of the head, but said it's pretty much blown in half in two spots.

^oh dear God! Send his ass back out there and tell him not to come home without a corpse. :)

I do too, or at least him knowing for sure that he killed it. There's been no snakes around this trailer since he spread them mothballs. I imagine they're going to spread more once his sister moves into the other trailer. Apparently, she's deathly scared of snakes, and they freak her out.

Also, the post of mine before this one was supposed to say that he hit all of the shots, not all all. I had to stand out there with one of his guns and three bullets today while he was underneath the trailer fixing something. No snakes though, and I was quite happy.

VanillaCreme said:
Apparently, she's deathly scared of snakes, and they freak her out.

Oh, I feel her pain on that sentiment. The mothballs are an interesting idea - any special kind?

What about a trick for spiders, I saw one next to my toilet today that was so huge, I felt like I was in line and should wait for it to finish going to the bathroom.

MissGuided said:
VanillaCreme said:
Apparently, she's deathly scared of snakes, and they freak her out.

Oh, I feel her pain on that sentiment. The mothballs are an interesting idea - any special kind?

Not that I saw. Just boxes from the dollar store is what his mom said. They're sealed up in a plastic bag, I'm guessing to keep the smell from seeping through the box.

Shipster0958 said:
What about a trick for spiders, I saw one next to my toilet today that was so huge, I felt like I was in line and should wait for it to finish going to the bathroom.

Spiders? Mothballs may keep them at bay too. However, I'm not completely sure. I'd like to know myself because I dislike spiders. I'm not scared of them, but I'd just rather not have them around.

I usually kept two big cans of the fume free, scent free Raid at my mom's house. Not just for the occasional roach when the people around her place moved, but it also kept out ants and spiders. I sprayed around the perimeter of every room along the baseboards. However, poking around on Google, I see that mint tea somehow keeps spiders away. Not sure how that works though.

Latest posts

Back